New Luna Video towing a Audi Car up and down the block with a BBSHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Luna Video towing a Audi Car up and down the block with a BBSHD

Check out lunas new video let me know what you guys think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ete2yVKQ-s

If we get a good response we are going to go out and put some more effort into shooting it....

this was our first take and we know it could be polished if we had more time to take more video (it was getting dark). .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ete2yVKQ-s

Loved it. That video has a lot more impact than any dyno test or motor torque curves can ever hope to convey. 'Look what it can do'...

I was pretty shocked to see it could pull such loads with near-zero cadence. For a long time! Tells me (and everybody) that it will be pretty hard to hurt a BBS-HD with bicycle use of any kind. Or to find a hill that can stop one!

I know it had a 50A controller. But would be interested to know how much current was being applied for the test, for how long. Not 50A for a majority of the time, was it? Doesn't really matter, but might be good info to add.

BRB, going to nudge the current limits up a bit further on my stock controller.
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

• Eric Luna
      Eric Luna commented
      Editing a comment
      it was pretty much 50 amps continous as far as we know ....i mean grant was really determined to fry it...

Originally posted by JPLabs View Post
    I know it had a 50A controller.
    Did it? I thought the 50A controller was gray with additional cooling fins. From the video:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	setup.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	21541

Congrats to Luna and your test pilot - need someone of similar mass by chance on the east coast?
    Last edited by ncrkd; 10-31-2016, 02:32 PM.
    2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
    3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
    4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH
    Other, Electronic throttle lock

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

• JPLabs
      JPLabs commented
      Editing a comment
      Look at the caption at 3:15 in the video - Ludicrous mod.

• Eric Luna
      Eric Luna commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah its 50 amp controller for sure....we use stocked case on this bike....this is early prototype.

I'd suggest doing it somewhere more scenic, the surroundings are underwhelming. You've got a beautiful car, you should shoot it on a beautiful road, your test rider shows up in mechanic duds "Hi miss, you called for a tow?"

Comment

• Eric Luna
      Eric Luna commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah this was suppose to be a test run we did kind of sporadically in front of my house.... just to test evertything...it was our first atttempt...we reallly didnt know what to expect....but afterwards we had all the footage...and i said hey this is good enough to make a video....but i knew we can do a much better job next weekend in a more scenic spot etc..... we wanted to guage the response first.

Originally posted by Eric Luna View Post
    Check out lunas new video let me know what you guys think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ete2yVKQ-s

If we get a good response we are going to go out and put some more effort into shooting it....

this was our first take and we know it could be polished if we had more time to take more video (it was getting dark). .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ete2yVKQ-s
    It was great for the test to show no peddling so the motor was obviously doing the hard yackka!.
    I'd love to see a version with someone peddling hard out to see what speed could be had and a temperature test after would be sweet.

Comment

• Eric Luna
      Eric Luna commented
      Editing a comment
      honestly at these power levels peddling does not make much of a differnce.
Working...
X