New Color Display...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Color Display...

Big shout out to the folks at Luna on the new color display - really cool. Thanks for integrating in a number of features (display voltage, watts, password, etc) that I can now cross off on the bucket list. Great job!

DrD:)

I agree, it's a really nice offering. It is impressive that Luna has brought this unique new product to market - not just a tweak of the existing offerings.

I especially like the password lock feature and improved battery info. Night mode (dark background) is cool. Overall appearance of the user interface is beautiful, a real step forward.
    Last edited by JPLabs; 04-14-2016, 06:39 PM.
    Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

I just ordered one and I look forward to trying it out. I think it is going to give me most of what I want. I have tried a gu sage sold by luna and it failed miserably 2x with my 52v pack and the info was too small to read without stopping the bike. This new display definitely solves this problem beautifully - Thanks Eric and Luna!

One question I have (and asked in a different thread, but fear it is a bit buried and my not be seen, so asking here):
      Will this effect my custom programming of the controller? I have my PAS 0 at 100% throttle and have adjusted the amperage to 30. Will my settings keep or is there a way to re-program these nice controller settings through the new display?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Clarus Creative Solutions
        Editing a comment
        You say you have adjusted the amperage to 30! From what I know it already comes from Luna cycles changed to 30, does it not? If not, Mine is still 25.

• Alpinist
        Alpinist commented
        Editing a comment
        I bought my BBSHD right when they came out from Luna (a pre-order) and it was set at 25A. As far as I know, all BBSHDs from Luna are programmed to 30A, which is currently (lol on the pun) the maximum for the controller.

Custom programming lives in the controller, not the display, so the parameters should not change. However, if you have Max Speed (PAS page) or other settings set for 'according to controller' then those would change to whatever is in the new controller.

Max PAS speed limit of the color display is 45 km/h IIRC.
      Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Thanks JPLabs! That helps, I don't have settings dependent on display controller :cool:

Comment

Thanks a lot for the kind words...we at Luna are doing our best to jump start the DIY industry which I felt was going a little stagnant at the time we jumped in .... I didnt like seeing the DIY bikes get passed in quality and value by the commercial bikes :).

Comment

Wow!! just got mine today ... tip of the hat to the folks at Luna... this display is terrific... went for my usual 15mile ride and there it was, amps or watts + voltage and the regular speed/ distance data, even time of day .. really useful to have info.. love this display, and I've got the 961,965, and 963 as well to compare with .. the DPC14 rocks!!

Comment

New Color display question:
              Set the battery from 24/36/48/UBS My battery is 52V. I thought I could set manually 52, but I could only find the option UBS. Does the display knows this is 52V? Or it will read when battery is full and set its self?
              My battery was dead when I installed it, but it was still showing full, and displaying 48.9V.
              The USB is awesome. Wish my pack had one as well.

Comment

HI Carius,

We have not figured out a way to utolize the UBS option....

For now just use the volt meter... the LVS of the 52v battery pack is around 40v.....so ignore the graph and just watch your voltage :)

Comment

Those who get color display be sure to note they have a screen protector on them that looks like its all scratched up....the screen protector should be removed

Comment

Just got my color display yesterday.. here's a couple of pictures showing the volt reading coming out of the charge port of my Shark pack (52v) and the new color display.. battery started at full charge and I went 15 miles .. readings are pretty much the same .. I'll go out again today and take more readings after my ride..

Comment

Got mine today and installed it for a little test ride. I really like the additional information and am looking forward to using it on my rides. The max default max speed was a nice surprise. 😀

Comment

Color display phenomenon!
                        PAS is always on, even after setting it to 0. It will still gives 1 - 2 amps assist. Now, the weird part is, seems this MINI PAS is on even when the system is off? Something changed. anybody experienced this yet? Set pedal assist to 0 and pedal. You will notice the motor is still on. But very weak.

Comment

I suspect that is from the controller being programmed to be 1 in Assist0 so the throttle will work.

Comment

Bumping this thread as I've been getting questions on the display and have been to busy to get mine installed! If somebody would stop buying all these motors and asking so many questions, maybe I can have time for a ride and installation? WOW guys! Thanks for making Lunacycle and the new display the giant hit it is!

Comment

Working...
                            X