No announcement yet.

New Color Display...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my color display last week. LOVE it and agree with what everyone above has said.

Quick question. The display shows the function of a headlight on / off switch. Any way to integrate my headlight to the display ?

Comment

headlights cannot be integrated...its a weird not working function right now....

Comment

• M 2.0
        M 2.0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Eric, could one of the unused points on the controller board be for the headlight circuit leads?

• Eric Luna
        Eric Luna commented
        Editing a comment
        bafang is talking about making a headlight out set of connectors...I thought about ordering those but you have to choose between headlight out and gear sensor out and i decided to go the gear sensor route.... i am sure there is headlight out point on the cirquit board....but who knows if the firmware will allow you to use it....

Love my new Color display and the Power (Current or Watts) readout. I also really like the clock! As Eric says, a USB-powered headlight doesn't work, but I imagine it will charge a phone no problemo.

Comment

It may not RUN a headlight. But if it can charge a phone, I bet it can also charge a USB rechargeable headlight or flashlight.
        Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

The usb power chord will power a light... i was referring to the light function inside the display that supposedly you can turn on and off your lights with... that is only in the event bafang releases a bbshd or bbs02 controller with cables to power a light.

Comment

OK great! Thanks for clarifying.
            Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Luna View Post
              Those who get color display be sure to note they have a screen protector on them that looks like its all scratched up....the screen protector should be removed

ok. I just received the DPC14 and the screen looks all scratched up. I quickly looked for a screen protector but I didn't see one. I will check again when I get home from work.

Edited to add that it was indeed a screen protector....
              Last edited by Galroc; 07-13-2016, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Galroc View Post

ok. I just received the DPC14 and the screen looks all scratched up. I quickly looked for a screen protector but I didn't see one. I will check again when I get home from work.
                Yeah, I thought so too at first but it is a screen protector - mine was bugger to get off but once you get a nail under the edge it pulls off no problem.

Comment

I just received my color dashboard yesterday, a few days after I finished installing My New BBSHD. I had ordered it a few days later than the motor so today was my first ride. Yahoo. Yee Haw. This system is the coolest thing I have ever owned (along with my Hang Glider). This has been the greatest day of my life! I could keep on raving about how this thing mounted on my trek 7700 is going to rock my world and change my life, but this thread is about the color dash and light. It is really cool. I love the 9 way assist. 1 and 2 are my most used and you would only have the equivant of 1 and 3 with the stock unit. Anyway, it will definitely charge a usb chargeable headlight. I had purchased the 700 lumen bontrager, thinking I could use it plugged in and never run out of light. Wrong. It gives no light in the charging state. Oh well, nothing is going to bring me down. It would be fun to have a light that functions while plugged in. Holding the + button does change the display to night mode but does not affect the usb power. Apparently it is a language thing.
                  Last edited by Will ride; 07-15-2016, 02:22 PM.

Comment

is there a tutorial on how to change luna logo with your own artwork / logo? :)

Comment

• Eric Luna
                      Eric Luna commented
                      Editing a comment
                      cant be done
                  Working...
                  X