Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tariffs?

Any potential impact on Luna pricing?

I would say if you are concerned about raising prices to order as soon as possible. And to vote during next month's election for politicians that are not objectively terrible at their jobs.

Comment

• max_volt
      max_volt commented
      Editing a comment
      Really?--------

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, really.

Did we ever find out the impacts of the tariffs on ebike parts and bike parts in general? Motors, controllers, bicycle chains, steel tubing, bike parts such as seat posts, stems, handle bars and headsets?

I have only confirmed so far that the price of filler material (used in TIG welding) increased slightly.

I don't imagine that the price of tires will increase due to the tariffs.

Comment

Looks to be prebuilt chinese ebikes and ebike motors. So for the motors that's going to affect damn near every kit on the market as well as OEM builders. Motors were 4% now 25%.

On some level this is bad for all american ebike companies. With the exception of the ones that just resell the underpowered bikes imported from europe.

So while the intention was ostensibly to stop the chinese from having an unfair competitive advantage it actually gives that unfair advantage to the europeans.

Comment

Working...
      X