No announcement yet.

Luna Cycle Releases New Promotional Video and Announces Giveaway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the comments about Luna being the biggest in the world. I dont know about that...but i would definitely jump on a limb and say we are the best!

who are you lance? you worked for us? if you are who i think you are you ride helmetless like a madman :)

We are working a new video this weekend to try to beat the last video.

Another good point of using helmets is since we believe in full face when we do use them, we dont have to worry about finding good looking riders. :)

Comment

Is it just me or do others ride without pedalling? Personally, I can't stand the sight of riding with throttle-only and no pedaling. It just looks wrong! IMHO, of course. :)

Comment

Originally posted by jc2eb View Post
        Is it just me or do others ride without pedalling? Personally, I can't stand the sight of riding with throttle-only and no pedaling. It just looks wrong! IMHO, of course. :)

in the first test video we did riding along the beach on the bike trail https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKpsi-MDxto
        we had one of our riders pedaling really hard....we kept getting the commentary that you couldnt tell he was on an ebike.....it just looked like a guy who was really in shape pedalling really fast.

This time we did consider shooting with the rider pedaling...in fact the first few takes he was pedalling hard and we decided to go with no pedals.

There were also portions of the video where he was wearing a full faced helmet...which we couldnt use because we had to decide on helmet or helmetless and keep the same through out.

We really pondered the helmet issue...and i made the call to go with no helmet over full faced motorcycle looking helmet....which would not have looked right i think.

we wanted to capture that the guy was riding an ebike, not a bicycle...and not a motor bike ....not as easy as it seems.

Another note...one of the ebikes that is in the video, the one with the full suspension and the purpose built frame.....really looked like a motorcycle...and would get a lot of second looks and at one point even a pull over by the rangers. Who told us that ebikes were being made illegal on that trail that week. which is too bad. By the way they were being made illegal on the trails unrelated to us.

WE did get video of the rangers taking turns riding on our bikes which we left out because we do not want to take a chance of getting any rangers in trouble. :)

Comment

Originally posted by jc2eb View Post
          I hear you.

I'm pretty visible where I ride, to bikers, walkers, and cars. I enjoy riding without pedaling, but I almost never do it. Except on motorcycle trails, then I go nuts with the throttle.

I'm sensitive to resentment from those who have to pedal, and I don't want to make it look like ebikes are e-motorcycles, so I pedal pretty continuously. I feel that cruising on motor only will bring more scrutiny and resentment, in the bike world, anyway. I'll sneak in some throttle to make the bike coast longer, but not to accelerate. I'm just trying to stay on the 'bicyclist' side of things, and without pedaling, that's impossible.

If I'm on MTB trails, I not only pedal, but refrain from using significant throttle or high PAS so as not to ever spin a tire or be seen motoring around, as bikers would hate that, and I don't want to cause any resentment.

The less resentment we cause, the fewer complaints will be made, and the longer we can have open usage before things get restricted.
          Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

I always move my feet when riding off-road and almost never when riding on-road. I figure that if I'm going to ride an ultra-low power electric motorbike on the street, I might as well ride it like a motorbike. It also get about twice as many stares when I don't pedal, which I think is good for ebiking since I am CA legal. Off-road, I unplug the throttle and it acts like a bicycle with PAS. (Class 1 legal). If I use the throttle, I'm Class 2 legal with the 30t chainwheel and Class 3 legal with the 42t chainwheel.

Comment

• JPLabs
              JPLabs commented
              Editing a comment
              Sure, if you are legal that makes sense: I'd throttle too. I should have mentioned I'm in MI, where throttled ebikes aren't specifically permitted.

Nice vid, don't know why people are so worried about helmet use for that sort of riding? Where I'm from helmets are mandatory (I only wear one if I absolutely must) and they have caused the biggest drop in bike use with no real benefits. If you keep telling people that the activity is so dangerous they need protective equipment it puts some people off. Don't get caught up in it, just be authentic and use where you deem appropriate. More extreme trail riding and I would wear one though.

Comment

Bicyclists and Alcohol

One drink increases a bicyclist's probability of serious injury or death by a factor of six.
              Four or five drinks increases the probability by a factor of 20.
              One third of bicycle fatalities have elevated blood alcohol levels.

Comment

It was a provoking video! Thanks for sharing! http://skywritingservice.com/blog/in...-everyday-life will explain you how social media influences on our lives!

Comment

Working...
                X