Is Luna Cycle down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Luna Cycle down?

So I have created an account with them because I MUST have the mighty mini and a battery.
    I have sent two mails with questions about the products. No Answer.
    Since I MUSt have the products I decided to order them anyway.
    Now the site wont let me pay.
    Got this message:
    "Something went wrong when trying to process your payment. Please review the error message and try again:
    Something went wrong when trying to process your payment. You may try again."
    Tryed so many times my bank closed my card because they thought it might be fraud. (card is reopened now)
    No, its not a problem with my card or bank. I tryed another card from a different bank, same result.
    Does anyone know what is going on? Is Luna Cycle down?

Ty for answers.

Regards from Norway

Best to wait for the email reply. How long ago did you send the email.

Comment

It may have something to do with the fact that Luna does not ship batteries to Norway.

Comment

Try the chat function during normal operating hours...have had very good responses.

Comment

The first mail was sent a week before typing in this forum. They have replyed now, and yes, it was the batteries. They will not send them to me. Buuuuuu. :( Is all the cells made in the U.S? Or are they shipped there. I will guess they are shipped there. So why cant they go out?
          It sucks a. Luna is the only dealer I have found that have powerfull batteries and good prices.
          Anyways, they sold me the "mighty mini" chainweel. So now I can "eat up" the mountains in Norway. Ty for all the replies , and ty Luna<3<3<3

CASE CLOSED!

Comment

The high quality batteries that Luna uses are made in Japan and shipped here, but in HUGE quantity, likely by ocean freight. Thats the only way to make it cost effective.

Yes the batteries are shipped from the US. Luna only ships by ground transportation at this time so delivery is limited to the lower48 states and Canada (we don't even ship to 2 of our own states!) In order to ship by air it requires a tremendous amount of documentation and the bigger the battery the worse the red tape is. In any case it is also expensive so any gains you got buy buying a pack at a "good price' would be erased by the shipping charges, customs and duties.
            I have heard that we are constantly looking for ways to *LEGALLY* ship by air at a reasonalbe cost. A lot of batteries get shipped by air from other vendors/countries but the legality of those shipments is highy questionable. We don't play that game.....
            Last edited by Bicycle365; 07-04-2016, 08:17 PM.

Comment

We are hard at work getting the certifications needed to air ship internationally anywhere, though this will only be for hard case packs. Please be patient

Comment

Yeah I figured it had something to do with the shiping by air, but it should be possible to send them by ocean. (since thats how they got in) I can wait a loooong time for those badboys. :D

I am currently trying to find a solution on aliexpress.com. (most dealers are located in China)
                Option 1 is to buy a pack from a dealer in china. But when I see the weight, amph and current they can deliver, it does not add up. Seems they are using low quality cells. So no ty.
                Option 2 is to buy single cells and build my own pack, but the price of quality cells like the samsung 18650 30/25r are very high. And combine that with the time I will use on making a pack.... well, its not worth it, but I am awful close to this option right now.

I hope the batteries can be sent to the rest of the world in the near future.
                Meanwhile in Norge. I will manage with my samsung 11,6 Ah and hobbyking 5Ah.

Comment

Hei Jeger,

Use jetcarrier.com - ship from Luna to there and they will ship by sea directly to Norway. Takes about 3 weeks if I remember and prices are relatively inexpensive (when the checked I think the price for shipping was around 500kr for a shark pack). And yes, they told me no problem for li-ion batteries as long as they are shipped by sea.

Eventually, I got a similar pack in Sweden from envolt for US prices - but no import duties and less shipping. But, I was told by someone here that envolt has stopped making custom batteries as they want to focus on making bikes.

If I need another, I'd have no problem getting a Luna battery and shipping via jetcarrier.

Comment

This is what I've posted on this previously; http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...=6187#post6187

Comment

Ty for tip Ade. This is awesome! I realy dont have time to make a pack, so I will check out this jetcarrier.com. :D

Comment

Originally posted by JegerJeger View Post
                        Ty for tip Ade. This is awesome! I realy dont have time to make a pack, so I will check out this jetcarrier.com. :D
                        I hope it works out for you! :)

Comment

Working...
                        X