Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it normal to see a XT60 (charge lead) coming off a battery pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it normal to see a XT60 (charge lead) coming off a battery pack?

Just bought a Luna 52 Volt 20 amp hour pack from Luna...assuming that both XT90 (plug coming off the battery - discharge) would be female...it was...also assumed that the XT60 would be female as well (charging lead)...turns out it was not...it was MALE...emailed Eric at Luna but I am sure he gets a zillion emails. I was always taught that all plugs coming off power source need to be female for safety reasons? I am a newbie to bikes, e-bikes but not totally new to electricity.

Maybe MALE XT60's are okay coming off battery as they plug into BMS on these high power packs...not sure..

Thanks in advance for any knowledge from the community or the team at Luna.

RBF
    Last edited by RBF; 06-29-2016, 11:59 AM. Reason: added tags

I read somewhere that...since power comes from the charger, it's customary that the charger leads be female. I would have preferred that the battery charger leads were female, because the battery is "live", even when it's unplugged, and the charger is off unless you're using it.

Either way, the XT family of connectors has shielding provided by the polarized housings, on both the male and female connectors...

Comment

This, " XT family of connectors has shielding provided by the polarized housings, on both the male and female connectors..."

Comment

Working...
      X