No announcement yet.

Battery theft and security; 52v luna direwolf 21ah ebike battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is for this reason that I have installed ajax cameras in my garage, connected to the overall security ecosystem at home. It's not that there are a lot of suspicious people or marginal personalities in my neighborhood, it's just that God protects the poor, as they say. I think that extra security will never hurt anyone. In addition, when everything can be managed through a mobile app and know that in the event of an alarm, I will receive a push notification on my phone. This is very convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverFox View Post
      This is what I use for security and safety. It is an Ottolock lock that contains a 52V 17amp case battery pack mounted upside down on the diagonal tube of a tandem.
      Hiya, can I ask how you're mounting your pack to the frame there? It looks like you're not using the magnetic mount at all? I don't really trust the magnetic mount to hold it upside down, and also I want to mount mine to the top tube of a Montague Swissbike (https://www.montaguebikes.com/swissb...g-bicycle-2010). Other than using multiple steel hose clamps (with the worm gear) going through the slots in the battery rails I'm drawing a blank as to how to hold it. (also not sure I want to trust the weight of this battery to those clamps). Am interested to see if there's other options out there I can jury-rig to fit! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by EdSabine View Post

Hiya, can I ask how you're mounting your pack to the frame there? It looks like you're not using the magnetic mount at all? I don't really trust the magnetic mount to hold it upside down, and also I want to mount mine to the top tube of a Montague Swissbike (https://www.montaguebikes.com/swissb...g-bicycle-2010). Other than using multiple steel hose clamps (with the worm gear) going through the slots in the battery rails I'm drawing a blank as to how to hold it. (also not sure I want to trust the weight of this battery to those clamps). Am interested to see if there's other options out there I can jury-rig to fit! Thanks!
        Just a thought

You could mount your magnetic mount by putting rivnuts

Click image for larger version

Name:	rivnut.png
Views:	110
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	133321

Or a no-drill water bottle mount

Name:	no-drill water bottle mount.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	133322
        Then use a couple of voile straps to secure

Name:	voile-straps-20-inch-aluminum-buckle-black.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	133323
        This should be very secure and not impede removing the battery for transport, charging, storage, etc.

Comment

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/riding/commuting/127275-security-for-luna-wolf?p=129500#post129500

It looks dirty and ugly but it fuckin works , jesus h christ , this is the best way to hide - shield - disguise - secure - you effin battery - wake up mother fuc@# ..rs
          joebreeze
          Last edited by joebreeze; 5 days ago.

Comment

I was looking at the seatpost water bottle mounts as a place to hang a bracket for a padlock. Attach another bracket to the back of the battery. Use long bolts into the seat tube so they can't be backed out. The padlock would be a visible deterrent

Comment

Working...
            X