Weird rear axel help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird rear axel help

Hello, I've been trying to learn as much as I can about hub motors before buying one but I am starting to wonder if it's even possible to have a hub motor with my bike. It doesn't have regular drop outs, and it doesn't have a regular thru axel. If anybody knows of a motor I am able to use from the pics I've uploaded I would appreciate their insight. Thanks!

That's Trek's special dropout that puts the pivot right on the rear axle. This takes a regualer 135*10mm QR wheel. I personally am not deep in the hub motor game, but even if you could find a hub motor with this spacing, I don't think any are going to have a 5mm hole thru the axle, and will be bolt-on. This frame cannot accept a standard bolt-on axle that most hub motors have. Even if you somehow got it in there with the suspension pivot bearings there (talk about tricky if even possible), you're still going to have some issues getting some torque arms on there as well. All in all, I don't see a hub motor going on this. There's always mid-drive!! :D

Comment

Thanks, looks like I will need to go the mid-drive road!

Comment

Working...
      X