Luna Display 860c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luna Display 860c

installed on flx roadster soldered all corresponding color wires and display doesnt turn

I found out something with blue light on battery not always staying on when button pressed put charger on it and blue light came on slapped battery in and display works matbe if someone reads this does the blue light not always coming on mean battery defective HELP

Comment

The non m600 version does not work with m600 motors, it was never intended to, the color of the wires is irrelevant. Like I said on the other thread you bought the wrong display. There is no combination of wiring that is going to suddenly make it work

Comment

A few questions first. On my bike, I wanted a clean look and needed to remove all the connectors on the BBSHD harness and speed sensor so I could extend some wires, and fish them all through the frame tubes( ALL my wires are hidden inside the down tube and tank). With all that said, there are some VERY important things to consider when doing such an install. You CAN NOT just cut the connectors off. You MUST open the cable sheathings(the black rubbery outer insulation) carefully using a razor or such PARALLEL with the cable. Do this so you do not risk shorting one wire inside with another inside the sheathing. Just cutting off a connector or opening the sheathing haphazardly allows any residual power left in capacitors, which are in the display and controller, to short to ground or other sensitive communications wires. If that happens 9 times out of 10, you WILL damage something if not careful. I have heard of people frying their controllers A LOT when cutting off a connector, or even just a hard pinch from zip ties on a speed sensor can cause this.
        To test, I would unplug the display and plug a programming cable in its place. If everything works properly(obviously not the display) then the display should get replaced, and is likely damaged. If you continue to have the issue, it could be the controller, or even just a bad connection/ solder joint, or even a hard pinch somewhere. Many causes. Hope you find the reason and it is an easy/ inexpensive fix. Good luck.
        Last edited by Defjr333; 06-02-2020, 02:06 PM. Reason: Edit: disregard based on Pax response.No mention of it being used on m600 in this thread. sorry

Comment

Working...
        X