Amazon ebike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon ebike

Hi have just joined the forum, need people's opinion on a ebike on Amazon, it's got 3 spoke alloy wheels, and different options on battery, The one I am looking at is 13ah, £700 Inc delivery, (hyuhome)

Comment

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

IMHO, that's what I would consider a disposable bike - in that, the battery is worth roughly 1/2 of the purchase price, bringing the bike itself into the basement quality $300 range, and the ebike parts used are likely proprietary and non-sourceable if/when they fail. Not to mention that the "manufacturer" will likely disappear after turning some profit.

To get a low-end reliable, repairable off-the-shelf ebike, you need to spend approx 3 times this bike's cost.
      BBSHD / BBS02 IGH Builds: Nexus / Alfine 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6, Rohloff: 1

Comment

Sorry I don't agree, the wholesale price of the battery would be very low, you don't have to buy branded for reliability it does help sometimes, even branded bikes get there parts from china

Comment

Not trying to pile on Chris, but nckrd is correct. Way to many people falling for these fly by night Amazon, Alli, ebay, "deal" bikes. Forum members see them here asking advice on problems every day. You will get what you pay for. China makes the worlds WORSE 18650 knockoffs. A Japanese or S. Korean 18650, likely Samsung or Panasonic usually rate TWICE the output and lifespan. They use better BMS units on the packs as well. Why else would so many youtube vidoes show Chinese 18650s with fake Panasonic/ Samsung stickers to "rebadge" the fakes. And that is just the info on battery packs!!!!!!! I have a co-worker that bought a BBSHD from alliexprese instead of Luna as I recommended because he could save $200-300, well lets just say he learned. His BBSHD was limited to 48V and would NOT allow 52V, all programming was locked. I dont even want to THINK of the $300 bike itself, but it is your $ and your safety/ life. People come here for opinions, take them as they are. My opinion is to spend the extra $ and stick with a company like LunaCycles. They have stepped up for me and others time and again.
          Last edited by Defjr333; 06-14-2020, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Hahahahahaha, Listen, I saw your thread and was a little surprised. An e-bike? Technology has come a long way, lmao. But that's cool. The bike you need to pedal and exercise has already been made electronic. I recently saw an electronic scale on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Smart-Bo...dp/B08XYX8RDR/, which by the way, according to reviews, works very well, and thought the same thing. That progress has gotten to the point where everything is automated, from machines in factories to scales. And then I see your comment about the e-bike, and it's just hilarious. Don't get mad at me, just thinking out loud.
            Last edited by Viffleros; 02-12-2022, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Check out NAKTO brand ebike, i just recently purchased the cruiser for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisabbott54 View Post
                Hi have just joined the forum, need people's opinion on a ebike on Amazon, it's got 3 spoke alloy wheels, and different options on battery, The one I am looking at is 13ah, £700 Inc delivery, (hyuhome)
                You`re in the UK like me, so i`d drop into Halfords before i`d consider buying that piece ot tat.... where do you go when it breaks, which it will?
                I would search for a local dealer.. here for example https://www.e-bikesdirect.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                X