BBS02 power surge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS02 power surge

My BBS02 unit has started to have power surges whilst I am peddling. It doesn't completely loose power but there's not a lot of it. If I just use the thumb throttle no problem I have the usual power with no problems at all. Could it be a loose connection or something more sinister.

what happens when You try different pedal assist modes ?

Comment

Surges across all levels but not with thumb throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexterears View Post
        Surges across all levels but not with thumb throttle.
        to be honest here I am guessing , but the thing that makes the most scene is a bad display controller . I say this because You say the throttle works good . I am also assuming that You have not changed any of the programming of the Motor controller ( not talking about the display but the motor controller )
        Something else comes to mind , Does the display show the MPH when moving ? Does Your display show any error codes ? if no then I would try a new display controller especially if the display is one that can not display error codes .

Comment

The vdu appears to be working fine showing all the usual data. It changes all the normal settings ok.
          Q. This being a pedal assist plus throttle control. Are there sensors linked with the pedal assist I'm thinking if so they could be dirty etc and if so how do you get at them?

Comment

Originally posted by Dexterears View Post
            Are there sensors linked with the pedal assist I'm thinking if so they could be dirty etc and if so how do you get at them?
            There's a bit of of information and a few pictures in this thread, although the OP didn't report back with a fix...
            https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ssist-does-not

I do remember another thread that the fix was to replace the PAS sensor board. And also one where the magnet disk was cracked...

Regards,
            T.C.

See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep plugging away.

Comment

Any ideas as to how to test for faults in each component part? The idea of just replacing each component untill I actually find the affected item appears to be hideously expensive. Controllers are staring at the £100 mark and then if not that it would spiral quickly to the not worth it category.

Comment

To be straightforward here I am speculating, yet what makes the most scene is an awful showcase regulator. I state this since You state the choke works great. I am additionally expecting that You have not changed any of the programmings of the Motor regulator ( not discussing the showcase yet the engine regulator )

Something different rings a bell, Does the presentation show the MPH while moving? Does Your presentation show any mistake codes ? on the off chance that no, at that point I would attempt another showcase regulator particularly if the presentation is one that can not show blunder codes.

Comment

frankly, here I am speculating, however, what makes the most grand is a terrible showcase regulator. I state this since You state the choke functions admirably. I am likewise accepting that You have not changed any of the programmings of the Motor regulator not discussing the presentation however the engine regulator. Something different rings a bell, Does the showcase show the MPH while moving? Does Your showcase show any blunder codes? on the off chance that no, at that point I would attempt another showcase regulator particularly if the presentation is one that can not show mistake codes.

Comment

Working...
                    X