Motor "slips" and vibrates with slow acceleration in low gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor "slips" and vibrates with slow acceleration in low gear

BBSHD 150 miles. My motor has started to "slip" and vibrate when I engage it. I feel it mostly through the pedals. I notice it when slowly accelerating. It only does it when initially engaging with relative low power. At higher rpm or higher PAS it seems to be fine. Is it possible that one of the pins has broken on the clutch? Any other ideas?
    Thanks,
    Tim

Make sure the whole assembly isn't loose in the bottom bracket. I have noticed on mine when they got loose that there were odd sounds and vibrations when under moderate loads.

Are you fairly sure its something in the motor and not an issue with your chain line or cassette?

I don't recall hearing about the clutch slipping, they seem to work or not work from what I have read. The clutch in question here is part of the infamous nylon gear assembly. The item commonly sold as a clutch is on the pedal shaft and is basically a freewheel that lets the pedals engage the chain ring.

Have you been using it pretty hard? Maybe the gear is getting tore up? If you are pushing it and maybe were an unlucky one that didn't get a lot of lube at the factory? Heard stories about people opening theirs up and not finding any lube so it apparently happens.

Comment

Thank you 73Eldo for your response! I've had a chance to further trouble shoot the issue. I opened up the motor and the clutch looks fine but I added lube as a precaution. Chain line is good and cassette is undamaged.
      After riding it some more, I believe it is the motor that is cutting out. Typically it happens 3 or 4 times for a fraction of a second but now the motor occasionally cuts off for 2-3 seconds at a time. I supposed it could be the battery cutting off but the display is rock steady. I mentioned in my previous post that it had 150 miles on it but I actually barely have 70. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
      Tim

Comment

Здравствуйте! Похожая проблема на bbs02b 1000w 48 v, Всего месяц ездил и появилась вибрация, затем при помощи ПАС и клавиша газа начинал двигаться рывками, постепенно при дальнейшем движении все приходило в норму, но стоило остановиться и при движении снова точно так же? Сейчас не срабатывает ПАС и Дроссель, хотя дисплей все показывает, датчик скорости мигает, что это может быть? Главные шестерни в двигателе вроде целые! Может что подскажете?! С Уважением, Сергей Мелюс!
        Last edited by Sergey039; 01-10-2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Исправил, с помощью ПАСа,и Дросселя начинал двигаться рывками, главные шестерни вроде в норме
          Last edited by Sergey039; 01-10-2021, 03:02 PM.

Comment

(Рыбками) рывками!

Comment

Working...
            X