Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get a new password for lunacycle display 860c

How can I reset the password on a lunar cycle display 860 c

Which password? The one to get to the advanced screen or the user one that you or some other user set?

Comment

• boywonder0674@
      boywonder0674@ commented
      Editing a comment
      How can I reset the user password

• boywonder0674@
      boywonder0674@ commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought the ebike from a yard sale and I turned it on and it gave me 30 seconds to enter a password in order for it to ride

• boywonder0674@
      boywonder0674@ commented
      Editing a comment
      I need to reset the user password

I don't know how to do that. I have an 850c but never used that feature. I was hoping someone else would know and tell you. Searching around I have seen some mention of a factory reset function. Manual isn't very clear about if that works from anywhere or if you have to be in the setup screens but it kinda implies if you hold the power button down that it should bring up a 'restore' menu where you will have the option to go back to factory defaults which you would assume would include what they apparently call the start password. Worth a try. That does appear to be a function of the display which does seem to loose its memory if left disconnected for a while so disconnecting it for a while may help too. A new display should also solve the issue but it would be nice not to have to spend the $50-100.

Have you tried random passwords? Doing a password with just arrow keys is a pain in the butt so there is a good chance someone made it something fairly easy like all 1's maybe? All 9's is just down arrow. Maybe its like the advanced passwords and its 1's and 9's? 1919 9191 9119 1199 9911 1991, that sort of thing because its less key strokes. Numbers like 5 are a pain because you have to hit the arrows so many times.

Comment

Bafang is fond of 1919 other chinese manufacturers use 123456789 etc.

Comment

The code he needs first is the user settable locking code that basically won't let the system turn on till you enter a code. Not all the displays have this as an option but his does and the previous owner apparently set it and he didn't get the code. Hopefully the previous owner isn't missing their bike.

Comment

But like a lot of things owners rarely reset the code from the factory.

Comment

Was there a default code for that? I have not tried it on mine and the instructions are not clear but my impression is if there is no code it won't ask for one. A user has to set a code for it to even ask. I'm just guessing. I can't go out and try mine right now and mine is an 850 so could be slightly different.

Comment

• boywonder0674@
              boywonder0674@ commented
              Editing a comment
              well just due to the fact that the previous owner is not missing their bike because I had bought it off of the previous owner at a yard sale just to make that clear as I purchased the bike from the previous owner he didn't tell me anything about having to put a password in order to start the bike I contacted previous owner and he told me that he does not remember the password due to the fact that the bike belong to his son who is in the military and has no use for it because he is not in America I'm still trying to find a way to reset the password so if you guys have any other information on how I can do so that would be excellent

• 73Eldo
              73Eldo commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't doubt that you paid for the bike but anytime there are important bits missing you got to wonder what the whole story from the seller is. I was working on my 850c bike today but forgot to play with the password thing and see if I saw or could get to any sort of restore screen. I will try and remember to play with it a bit tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 9.24.43 PM.png
Views:	826
Size:	673.9 KB
ID:	123268

Comment

FYI
              On my two 860C meters on my X1's, the advanced settings menu pwd is 1199, not 1919

I bought both meters from Luna if that makes a difference?

Comment

• Ken Reich
                Ken Reich commented
                Editing a comment
                I like the 860 c gauge,but theres no pedal assist! Very basic, says to press the — button hold it on - just like all the other bafang gauges, it just doesent function, also what is the boost mode used for in advanced setting??

• Ken Reich
                Ken Reich commented
                Editing a comment
                Gauge was from luna as well!

• jsguitar
                jsguitar commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you! It turned out my 860C advanced settings password was 1199. I was able to change the assist levels from 5 to 9.

Thanks for that. I uploaded settings to my controller and it switched from 1919 to 1199.

Comment

Working...
              X