Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice Needed!!

Hi guyz!

I have already spent time reading around but my practice as a technician learned me to consult always with the others that may have done it right already....so please spend a minute looking at my ride and i will be more than happy to read your best suggestions for a mid drive e-kit + bet!! It's an unique bicycle and can only be equipped properly... Much Thanx!! :)

That is a fine cruiser you have there Vlad. How many speeds is the rear hub?

Your bottom bracket looks like a PF30 with a 46mm inside diameter. You would have to check the ID too be sure. The PF means "press fit" bearings.

You will need a bottom bracket adapter to install a mid drive. Here is a link to member SulshyBoi build using a PF30 adapter.
    This is a new Thread as i was going to put a Cyclone 7000W motor on this bike but decided that the old saying from SPIDERMAN "POWER CORRUPTS, ABSOLUTE
    Last edited by 1 cog missing; 08-09-2016, 04:56 AM.

Comment

hi there! thx for the advice! its a bmx us style bb as far as i know, the hub is shimano nexus 7 and in order to make it not just fine but the ultimate cruiser i need your help...

Comment

I'm guessing your inside diameter is 46mm based on your outside diameter of 50mm allowing for 2mm shell thickness on each side.

US style bb is 56.6mm od and 50.8mm or 2" id.

There is also a EVO 360 bottom bracket that is 46mm id but a lot longer 86mm. The top of the crank arm has a bolt that tightens to clamp the arm to the shaft. I think that's what I see in the second picture. Still 46mm id It would still use the same adapter.

Are you in Europe and planning to use a 250 watt motor?
        Last edited by 1 cog missing; 08-09-2016, 08:08 AM.

Comment

hi! yes im in Sweden...and i plan to use the highest... possible watt motor :) what is your best suggestion ? much thanx!!! ;)

Comment

Motor, Bafang BBSHD. some one else will have to recommend a battery. There are higher wattage motors but they wouldn't look as good on that bike. search for bike mid-drive motors.

I want to also say if your bike does have a us style bb it may already have an adapter installed. It would have a threaded 34 to 35mm opening.

Comment

great!, thx for the advice!! much appreciated!! which kind of befang bbshd should i choose 68/100 or 120 mm bb?
              any idea if i somehow could be able to keep my org chain ring and iron cross 9/16 pedals with this motor?
              Last edited by Vlad; 08-09-2016, 10:40 AM.

Comment

No you'd have to make a modification on the chainring., I don't think the pedals are a problem. Any appropriate square taper crank will work. I'd be looking at a custom chainwheel. The BBSHD runs well as a one speed, but I think 25MPH is maybe the limit. I need to confirm my tooth count.

Comment

• 1 cog missing
                  1 cog missing commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Louis did you see he had a 7 speed hub?

• Louis
                  Louis commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, thanks for the catch!

Since your bb is about 67mm the standard 68-73 kit is what you need.

Comment

Working...
                X