Wheel going backwards!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel going backwards!!

So I just bought a kit, put everything together and the rear motor was going backwards, I then changed the 3 fat wires that are blue green yellow around and it was going forwards, however as soon as I sit on the bike, which is a 1500w 48v 20ah, it has absolutely no acceleration and barely gets going.

Please somebody help me with fixing this!

Some of the systems have to go into a learn mode when they are first set up which includes you getting the bike moving in the correct direction. I sign of that is if you had the wheel off the ground and tried to power it and it just sort of growled and didn't really want to seem to move. Some of these just auto do this the first time and others require a specific wire to be opened or connected to put it in learn mode then back to normal mode.

Comment

• HelpmePLEASE183
      HelpmePLEASE183 commented
      Editing a comment
      There is 2 wires on the controller that can connect to eachother, so originally the wheel seemed to be moving fine but backwards, then when swapping around wires it just growled and didnt move, then now i've swapped wires again and it moves forward (the 2 wires are still connected) and the acceleration on the bike when actually sitting on it is literally 0, there is none it barely moves

Please help with this!!!

I have yet to mess around with the hall sensor wires as they're harder but I have done these variations of phase wires

GreenBlue
    YellowGreen
    BlueYellow
    (This spins the wheel forwards but has 0 torque or acceleration)

YB
    BG
    GY
    (Goes forward no acceleration)

YB
    GY
    BG
    (goes forward no acceleration)

GG
    YY
    BB
    (goes backwards)

YG
    GY
    BB
    (wants to go backwards but just stops and growls)

Comment

Originally posted by HelpmePLEASE183 View Post
      Please help with this!!!

I have yet to mess around with the hall sensor wires as they're harder but I have done these variations of phase wires

GreenBlue
      YellowGreen
      BlueYellow
      (This spins the wheel forwards but has 0 torque or acceleration)

YB
      BG
      GY
      (Goes forward no acceleration)

YB
      GY
      BG
      (goes forward no acceleration)

GG
      YY
      BB
      (goes backwards)

YG
      GY
      BB
      (wants to go backwards but just stops and growls)
      _

Comment

Originally posted by 73Eldo View Post
        Some of the systems have to go into a learn mode when they are first set up which includes you getting the bike moving in the correct direction. I sign of that is if you had the wheel off the ground and tried to power it and it just sort of growled and didn't really want to seem to move. Some of these just auto do this the first time and others require a specific wire to be opened or connected to put it in learn mode then back to normal mode.
        managed to get it working after about an hour doing all 36 combinations of hall and phase wires - i ended up having to change BB YY GG to YG BB GY and then changing the smaller 5 wires (black red green yellow blue) to BG GB YY and now everything is working perfect, acceleration is great and it's the best positive that I could find, found about 5 others but they were awful so false positives

Comment

I'm having some problem, going to try your solution. Thanks

Comment

I have only registered to let you know that this method worked for me as well.

BB YY GG to YG BB GY and then changing the smaller 5 wires (black red green yellow blue) to BG GB YY

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X