Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't LC just solder the pigtail XT-90 connectors for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn't LC just solder the pigtail XT-90 connectors for you?

I'm interested in buying a BBSHD and I don't get why you have to buy pigtails and solder them yourself. How come Lunacycle can't just do this? Or offer a paid option for it?

Some builders buy a shark battery pack for a kit that comes from another company. That being said, I agree that it would be great if they had an option for packs to arrive with a connector set that already matches whatever kit they have. Some buy a BBSHD for a battery that they already have, and their battery came with Anderson connectors. Of course, the more Luna does ahead of time, the more expensive the kits and batteries will be, and aggressive pricing has been one of the major factors in their amazing growth.

I highly recommend that you read the article on crimping connectors, It is a solid and well-regarded way to connect pigtails. https://www.electricbike.com/matchin...to-controller/

Comment

Three reasons I can think of, liability, pricing and the length of the cable depends on where you end up mounting a battery and bike. You could ask the same question - why don't they just sell complete bikes? There is a DIY component which keeps the pricing much more realistic for end users. The bang for buck from a BBS02 or HD and Luna battery pack is really awesome compared to high end complete e-bikes. Perhaps also liability kicks in when selling non-street legal assembled kits - not too sure on that though?

Like spinningmagnets said crimping connectors are really easy and a basic kit goes really far. In my build (scroll to bottom) I show how I make my connections use heat shrink buttsplicers from Princess Auto. Hope this helps!

http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...-stealth-build
      Last edited by richardgreer; 09-04-2016, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X