BBSHD for Diamondback Catch 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBSHD for Diamondback Catch 2

Hi, I hope everybody does great. I have a question, I got a very good deal on Diamondback Catch 2 and I want to buy it in order to change it to a mountain ebike. What do you think? Is BBSHD compatible with it? What should I do for the battery placement? Is it possible to attach it reverse to lower bar? I really like the bike, but only I will buy it if I can make a nice ebike from it. Please advise, many thanks.

No I would not buy a new bike if the battery does not fit in the triangle. My advise is buy a battery and then look around for a doner bike. Even if you buy second hand. I love old second hand bikes. Easy to fit the kits, no press fit bottom brackets. Yes its hard looking around but i find this is half the fun. Otherwise put the kit on an old bike and then latter transfer it to your new bike.

Comment

Thanks for your advice, really appreciate

Comment

Is there any special reason that mounting the battery upside-down is a bad idea? I like the bike and I got a VERY nice deal on it (4000$ MSRP, I got it for 1500$!!! New).

Comment

The main reason is it can fall off if you go over a large bump and the tabs on the battery casing fail. I would strap it on with velcro straps in at least 2 locations.

Comment

• CraigAustin
            CraigAustin commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. I use a velcro strap even with an upright battery mount. The jarring of high speeds on an aluminum frame (minor road cracks and bumps are not so minor at 30+ mph) shook the battery off its mount. Velcro straps are an uber cheap and very effective solution.
        Working...
        X