52v and BMS cutout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

52v and BMS cutout?

just put together my first ebike. got the BBSHD in 52v with a Jumbo shark. i have 34 miles on my first charge, and am starting to wonder when the BMS will cutout? second question is how low should i take the battery before re-charging?
    thank you

This is a common question. THese battery are best broken in. Refer to my thread here on how to do this. https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-new-batteries

If you have gone approximately 34 miles this all depends on how you were riding. If you were in the higher pass levels then the battery maybe sitting are 46 volts which is around 10% remaining in the battery so then it should be charged.

If you were in the lower pas level 1 and 2 then your battery maybe around 51 volts. If this is the case then its possible that you may still have another 25 miles riding to do. The battery would be approximately 1/2 to 2/3s used.

When you turn your bike on now what the voltage displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney64 View Post
      This is a common question. THese battery are best broken in. Refer to my thread here on how to do this. https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-new-batteries

If you have gone approximately 34 miles this all depends on how you were riding. If you were in the higher pass levels then the battery maybe sitting are 46 volts which is around 10% remaining in the battery so then it should be charged.

If you were in the lower pas level 1 and 2 then your battery maybe around 51 volts. If this is the case then its possible that you may still have another 25 miles riding to do. The battery would be approximately 1/2 to 2/3s used.

When you turn your bike on now what the voltage displayed.
      thank you for the great information. the display is showing 47.5v, but on the last hill using thumb throttle the battery indicator did turn red, so i backed off and went back to pedal assist level three. indicator turned back to green for the next mile and a half home.
      thanks again.

Comment

So this means that you had around 10 to 15% left in the battery. if for instanced you had 5 miles left then definitely go to pas 1. The batteries ready for charge now then. I do not like going lower than 45 volts.

Comment

Working...
        X