Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

350lb man seeking best Phat tire.Saw 300lb dudes video $4000 budget.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

350lb man seeking best Phat tire.Saw 300lb dudes video $4000 budget.

As I see It I have 3 Luna choices.
    the ludacrous
    the 2017 3000
    the new carbon frame 5000
    or custom

I live in Oregon.......rains for 6 months strait. Possible move to Bakersfield CA can get to 120 degrees there.
    sensitive tailbone (Im 56) Maybe suspension can help?
    good with mud
    hillclimber
    like dunes and desert as well. forrest trails.
    noob ebiker
    needs to hold a rack

What Luna Bike?
    What addons or accessories?
    Ludacrous or Stock?

other suggestions.

I'd start with a full suspension fat bike, such as a Salsa Bucksaw,or other, and add the bbshd. Someone here did a build here recently. Add fenders and anything else you need. I built a full suspension fat bike a few months back. Mine is set up pretty cushy for the trails, worked out great.

Comment

If you wish to build your own then as Harold suggests you have a universe of choices. If as you suggest, you're looking for a shop build, Luna is dang hard to beat. They're prices on ready to ride builds are in many cases cheaper than you can build them yourself and many, including myself, will attest to they're commitment to they're products & customers. Something else to keep in mind is that when building yourself, especially with fat's, chainline can be a challenge adding unexpected time and cost to your build but a Luna build will have taken care of that for you.

I would email them & see what they can put together per your needs. I have heard some posters complain of difficulties with Luna's communications but I have had no such experience having used them on two builds (bbshd & bbs02) along with multiple parts ordered here and there. Keeping in mind they're a cottage shop not Amazon, I've never waited longer than 48hrs for an email reply and that was a couple times when I emailed them on a Saturday or Sunday. One thing I would caution is ask about availability and time to ship. It has been my experience the Luna staff including Eric tends to be, hmm let's say enthusiastic but never over the line of being dishonest. That said I give them 4.5 stars outta 5.

P.S. I just noticed they have a new build, the Rhino cargo. Looks like it's a pre-order thing but talk about carry load, torque & speed that thing is a monster. Definitely checks all the boxes you've mentioned.

Comment

I didn't see any full suspension fat bikes on the Luna site.

Comment

i was looking at the new delux 500 and getting a thudbuster.

Comment

after deliver its still over 3000. It'll be my 1st ebike too.

Comment

That's a good looking ride. With that 17.5 battery you're gonna have to try hard to get stranded deep in without any juice left.

Comment

Weighing 350 lbs and using a ebike for transportation , may not be the best idea. You have to also add in the weight of the ebike , which is generally gonna be at least 70 lbs or more. So you are basically looking to buy a ebike that can easily transport 420 lbs or more . IMHO, a ebike is not the best choice for you and most bikes are not built to haul that type of weight around . I would recommend you look at a scooter or motorcycle . If you feel you must have a ebike, is it ;possible you could lose some weight ? I weigh 240 lbs, and can tell you even that weight is significant for a ebike frame, spokes , suspension, etc.

Comment

scott at luna recommended the carbon fiber 5000. with cyclone. I know the BBSHD is rock solid, not sure on these new cyclones.

Comment

Working...
                  X