E-brake cutoff or shift sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-brake cutoff or shift sensor

Just got a KHS-500 with 1000w mid-drive from Luna. I think I probably need either an E-brake cutoff or shift sensor to take some of the wear and tear off when shifting. I think that touching the brake would probably work OK but am interested in hearing some advice. ?? Thanks.

I tend to use PAS more as a cruise control and normally find a setting to maintain long boring stretches of road. When I go back to throttle riding among denser traffic I use lower PAS levels and merely let off throttle when you want/need to upshift. The lower PAS level will drop-off enough power so that you can upshift without any drama. Downshifting doesn't seem to matter so much.

You can also slightly backpedal and immediately kill power too.

eBrake cutoff's definitely good idea for general riding safety and the gear sensor is awesome if you loan your eBike to someone who might not understand how to shift so that it survives.

Comment

Thank-you!

Comment

hmm i just bought a khs 500 as well. i apparently made the wrong assumption that it included an auto motor cutoff on the break. I was checking cheaper ebikes that had that too so naturally I figured it was included with a Luna. Fortunately I haven't received it yet, but admittedly i am a bit alarmed that's not included.
        Last edited by peallen007; 04-06-2017, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• ykick
          ykick commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure if you meant a Luna complete eBike or simply a stock KHS 500?

A stock Bafang BB kit does come with brake lever switches but they’re for cable brakes. The KHS 500 uses hydro brakes so you’ll need to either use magnetic add-on switches like these - https://lunacycle.com/bafang-hydraul...-e-brake-pair/

Or, crack open the supplied Bafang cable levers, scavenge those components and rework/adapt to your hydro levers?

One more "little thing" which helps make Luna complete eBikes a truly awesome value.
          Last edited by ykick; 04-06-2017, 05:55 AM.

the deluxed 500 featured in new section

Comment

Ah, I wondered why it didn't ship with the Bafang brake levers. I'm going to go with the add-on.

Comment

i just ordered it too. thanks for posting guys

Comment

gah i ordered too soon

Comment

I bought ebike carbon fiber body 3000w mid drive motor 60v battery and kelly controller i can only muster 38km top speed
              what is the problem? Company i bought it will not help?
              Everything else works but did not get what i paid for.?

Comment

Working...
              X