Best Electric Bikes Under $1000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Electric Bikes Under $1000?

I'm currently looking for an Electric Bike to use as transportation to work. I would be biking around 7 miles a day. Looking to order online.

The bike I currently have in my Amazon cart waiting to buy is an ANCHEER Electric Mountain Bike for $620 (Just went up from $600...) and it goes up to 15mph, possibly 18mph according to some reviewers.

I'm willing to spend more, but I can't seem to find the right bike that has good reviews, is under the $1000 mark (Really wouldn't want to spend more than $900 but if it's worth it to spend the extra money I will do it.), and goes 20mph or more.

Basically I'm looking for an Electric Mountain Bike that goes 20mph or more (higher the speed the better), doesn't look ridiculous, and is a good bang for the buck. Any suggestions?

How much of your own work can you do? With modest tool skills someone could get into “real” eBikes for under $1000 depending on what you source for the donor bike?

Fat bikes are kinda my favorite choice eBike at the moment. I just enjoy the ride, look and feel. Plus, they already pedal like pigs so an electric drive makes a lot of sense.

Here’s what I’m riding as a scout vehicle during my coast-to-coast road trip -
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170324_090352_zpswtsszmte.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	580.4 KB
ID:	32155

Comment

• ykick
      ykick commented
      Editing a comment
      Edit to add, I didn't look until this am but that Amazon bike isn’t even in the same league as what could be built from kit. I feel as if some of those reviews might be shills too?

36V 8Ah battery isn’t even 300Wh. Unless they’ve really neutered motor power and can barely get out of it’s own way, good luck seeing 10-12 miles range from that stock pack.

Also, mid-hinge folding Y frames feel like a wet noodle to me and there’s always no place to mount a decent battery pack.

Panasonic GA 48/52V 13.5Ah Shark pack is around 700Wh and can be bought for around $400 or even less if ordered with a motor kit.

If you can wrap your head around some bicycle mechanics along with wiring/electronics, just find a nearly free donor frame and DIY.

• calfee20
      calfee20 commented
      Editing a comment
      I like your ride .........the one in the back!

Propella Electric Bikes is little over $1,000. They currently have a campaign running on Indiegogo. I am thinking about purchasing one.https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...esign-health#/

Comment

• ykick
      ykick commented
      Editing a comment
      Small battery pack, no fenders, kickstand, hub motor (enjoy your 1st flat with one of those) and very "polite" power. I don't see it for even $1k...

• cr7ross
      cr7ross commented
      Editing a comment
      I actually like having a smaller battery rather than something bulky and heavy. There new electric bike weights around 34 pounds as well. The fenders, kickstand can all be bought separately the biggest thing for me is having a stylish and affordable electric bike. Propella seems to fit this build for me.

• ykick
      ykick commented
      Editing a comment
      I like small packs too but 6.8Ah is very small. Please let us know how a 15 mile ride goes? Have you ever owned/ridden an eBike before?

This is my first electric bike. The battery should last more than 15 miles since my commute consists of mostly flats and some hills. Also they have pedal assist so I can control how much of the battery I will use.

Comment

Any one with fresh recommendations?

Comment

You can check this bike which is under $1000 and with great features - ANCHEER Power Plus Electric Mountain Bike, 36V 8Ah Lithium-Ion Battery and more

best electric bike under $1000 | We have made a list of the best affordable electric bikes. Ancheer Power Plus Electric Mountain Bike.

Comment

Working...
        X