Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it sounds like you didn't receive the correct bolts
    what you need is m5x16 hex head bolts any good hardware store well have them for a few bucks

Comment

Apologies if this has already been asked but...Any idea when the Luna Fusion Fat Ebike KHS 1000 will be available for purchase?

Comment

I have a problem with my motor. I bought my kit this Feb 2018, order #46308.
      I can’t us the bike at all because the motor slips or hit a gear that can’t go while trying to ride my new bike. As it is now, it is useless. It doesn’t matter if I’m pushing down at the crank or even if I use the thumb accelerator. It grinds badly, slipping or cranking. As I’m trying to ride up the hill, I have to stop and have to push the bike up to get home. I think also the same fault that often makes the chain to jump of the front crank. Either way, both are a problem and I can’t use my bike.
      Is it under warranty? I sure hope so.
      What should I do???
      Michael Dondelinger

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        It doesn't sound like the motor that's grinding or slipping, it's probably your chain, chainring and cassette. They're all worn down and need to be replaced. Try replacing the chain & cassette first.

I think the resistor in the XT-90-S connector on my 72v soft-pack has burned out. I can now hear a relatively quiet snap/pop when I connect the battery to the Cyclone controller and I can see that the positive side of the female battery connector is darkened. I'm not sure how it happened - I have an ammeter to monitor the current and I've never seen it go above 40A. Have you guys seen this before and is it something I need to get fixed?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by noahp99; 06-20-2018, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• noahp99
        noahp99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the advice and tips. The male side looks fine and I have a female xt90s pigtail, so I think I'm good to go.

• AZguy
        AZguy commented
        Editing a comment
        I've had the resistor blow out in XT90S's and noticed that the "pedals" of the male pins were not flared out like they used to be and may not have been making good connection. I flared the out for the time being to keep things going but in the end replaced both sides.

• Rider
        Rider commented
        Editing a comment
        FWIIW the battery charging XT60 connector always "POPS" when you connect it without the charger plugged in already. No "POP" when it's plugged in first, then connected. Don't know if you can relate this to the XT90 and related "pops" in any way.

Oh yeah, that XT60 battery charging connection is HOT! I found that out the hard way. Almost welded a pair of pliers to the posts. Luckily the pliers had rubber handles. Had to reset the polarity of the battery after that it get it working again...
        Last edited by Rider; 06-25-2018, 10:01 AM.

Hello the Luna Team !

I've been running a BBS02 - 52V (52 teeth chainring) since last Feb 2018 and I'm at approx. 1500km.

I currently have clutch/freewheel issues. I'll replace the freewheel but I can't find a replacement part for the BBS02 specifically. Does this mean that the BBSHD freewheel replacement part will fit on the BBS02 ?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	BBSHD Clutch.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	67509
      https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-p.../bbshd-clutch/

Also I was not able to find a replacement part for the inner chainring, please check pic.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	BBS02 Inner Chainring.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	67508
      https://california-ebike.com/shop/ba...hainring-gear/

Thanks for your answers
      Attached Files

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        They're both out of stock at the moment. Re-stock will probably be expected in a few weeks or so.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered but does anyone know what the max user weight is for the Luna Apex?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Kind of a hard question to answer as it depends on your gearing, wind conditions and wind drag. It would probably be the same as the BBSHD and BBS02 Mid-Drive kits on any regular bicycle. You can probably pull about an extra 100-200 pounds on low gear with a small chainring. Maybe more with pedal assist.
        Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 06-21-2018, 02:34 PM.

When will the 48V Panasonic ga 17.5AH Black Killer Whale batts be back in stock?

Comment

I purchased a BBS02 unit from LunaCycle about 2 years ago, and I’m having issues:
      The motor starting making grinding sounds that vibrates the entire bike.
      It then quickly overheats and dies.

Does it just need lubrication at this point, or does this mean that something has failed?
      Is there a good guide to this type of repair? Which grease should I use, how deep into the motor do I need to grease, and are there likely replacement parts I need?

Comment

• danbaron
        danbaron commented
        Editing a comment
        How do I remove the Lock Nuts of the main axle. Is there a special tool I need? It’s mentioned in the video you sent me.

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        There is a Nylon Gear but there are no metal versions of it that exist right now. Generally speaking Nylon Gears don't wear down that often unless it's really hot and the motors really hot. Keep the motor cool and you won't have to worry about this.

You need this tool for the lock nuts.:

https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-p...allation-tool/

Or for a fancier version:
        https://lunacycle.com/luna-socket-se...ng-mid-drives/

• danbaron
        danbaron commented
        Editing a comment
        Do I add any lubrication at all to the magnetic component of the motor core, or does that stay completely dry?

Hi - I have a Luna DPC-18 and a LUNA Carbon Shark 52V. The Information->Battery Info page is completely blank. Is there a setting on how to get them to handshake? Been through manuals and forums and haven't spotted my issue addressed. Appreciate any thoughts.

I was looking at it, because I have noticed the battery percentage drops 20% anytime the motor is engaged and thought I might learn more about the battery (both are brand new).

Many thanks,
      Stephen

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        This is not a usable function of dpc18 see the dpc18 documentation in knowledge base

• flipfan
        flipfan commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks! finally saw what you described in that thread. many thanks.

Hi,
      I see that you're now selling the "Pedal System" for the Sur-ron as a pre-order option.
      But do you have a link to buy the "Pedal System" by itself?
      I just got my Sur-ron but it didn't have the option to add the pedal at the time.
      Also, since I can't fit a U-lock, do you have a list of good tough Locks I may use to lock my sur-ron to a post (like you would lock a bicycle to a post)?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there this is something we will be selling separate but do not currently have enough to do so they are in short supply. We can notify you via email once we have it sold separately if you like just send us your email to support.

Not too sure on thru locks. We sell Ottolock which might work, though there's a bit of a learning curve to using it.

• thebootfitter
        thebootfitter commented
        Editing a comment
        Paxtana -- Neither here nor there, but your comment about "a bit of a learning curve" to using the Ottolock surprised me. What have you found that has contributed to the learning curve? I got one for my six-year-old's bike. He hasn't had any issues with it at all.

My local bike shop won't lace hub motors into the front wheels so I'll have to do it myself. I'm using this spoke calculator (http://www.ebikes.ca/tools/spoke-calc.html) with velocity dually 29+ rims for my surly ecr. I was able to ascertain most of the measurements of the mac motor 12t from the diagrams but I'm uncertain of the dishing offset measurement (if there is any for this front hub motor) Any help would be most appreciated.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know, giving advice on wheel building is kinda outside the scope of the advice we can offer, there's whole books you can read on it and still get surprised by how difficult it can be. I would absolutely not recommend buying spokes before you actually have the rim that's for sure. Never go off factory advertised specs, even a millimeter wrong can mean you have to buy a hundred dollars worth of new spokes. You want to measure it yourself, with calipers. One of the great things about going with a wheelbuilder actually, since if they get the wrong spokes it's not on you.

Spose you could use the find a builder section and post a new thread for looking for someone to build wheels for you.

• Miles_Spathelf
        Miles_Spathelf commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your advice... but I'm not looking for how to build wheels. I just need the offset measurement for the front hub motor you are selling. Surely the wheelbuilder you use has that one measurement?

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        The wheelbuilder is a 3rd party contractor, support does not have that measurement. You'll need to measure it when received..

Hello
      just hooked up my brand new BBSHD with 52v Panasonic 17ah GA with Luna DPC-18 Full Color Display. Everything worked great for about 30 minutes then suddenly the display went dark and it won’t run or power up anymore. Any suggestions?
      The battery is almost fully charged with its Luna usb gauge saying 57volts. I confirmed this voltage with my voltmeter.
      Thank You
      Attached Files
      Last edited by CapeCodRhino; 06-23-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        What exactly was happening on your ride before it shut down? Were you going uphill? Did you check all the connections to make sure nothing came loose? Send some pictures of the area where your battery plugs into the motor including the connectors.

Also, what kind of 17ah battery is it? A soft pack or a hardcase?

I was testing the bike out a bit on my rear deck. Going forward only about 20’, repeatedly. All connections seem tight and in good working order. Battery is a soft pack. Is brand new and never dropped. The battery seems fine. I’m wondering if something got tripped or a faulty controller?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Your picture appears to show the battery voltmeter on and working. If there was something you did between the cutout and to get the voltmeter to work that would be useful to know.

You sure it wasn't just error 21 on a poorly adjusted speedo?

What is a error 21?

Comment

Display is completely dark.

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          21 the display shuts down after about 30 seconds after throwing the error if the magnet is too far from the speed sensor.

Given the voltmeter is working on the battery looks like the pack is fine. So you want to verify by checking the discharge xt90 with a multimeter. It should say around 58 at the moment. You can also bypass the battery trying the charger as the power source and giving it a little throttle up on the stand, put the charger in continuity mode to test that adapter you got is properly sending power as well. There's videos on how to do all this in the electrical troubleshooting knowledge base section on this forum.

If adapter shows continuity and you cannot power on even with charger directly powering the controller, then it's a controller problem. Otherwise probably just the wiring

• Joe Remi
          Joe Remi commented
          Editing a comment
          Could it be a display problem? The stretch you have from display to power toggle would have me worried about pulling wires loose.
      Working...
      X