Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My luna smart charger is only putting out 55v. I used a multi-meter and it confirms 55v. Is my charger shot? Any ideas on how to return it to putting out 58v? Thanks

Comment

guys, could you please also reply to #1603.11 ? thank you

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're not getting a reply, it likely means there isn't anything to input in regards to your questions. Cycle Analyst support is very limited around here since we don't sell them anymore and we don't even really approve of using them unless you know what you're doing. They're kinda clunky and not very user-friendly.

Regarding your Q100 controller, you'll wanna contact BMS about that as they will be able to provide you a proper Plug N Play replacement.

• MariusL
      MariusL commented
      Editing a comment
      ok, thank you for your input

Hi Guys,

I put the BBSHD on a Gravity Bullseye monster xx. Works great except for the chainlink so I ordered the luna eclipse chainring with one spacer. Turns out with one spacer it the chainring still hits the chainstay and looks like it will need two or possibly three spacers to clear the chain stay. Does Luna sell longer bolts to hold the luna eclipse chain ring on? If not where can I get these? I'm sure someone has had this problem before. I want it as close as possible without touching which will improve the chain line.

Thanks

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      It uses M5 bolts. The length you need will depend on how many spacers you add.

https://www.boltdepot.com/Metric_soc...ws.aspx?nv=rel

You can probably get this at your local hardware store as well. Just bring a bolt in there and tell them you want same thing but longer by however many extra millimeters of spacers you add.

So for example if you add 10mm of spacers you need an extra 10mm of length. Assuming the the original ones are something like 10mm that would mean you would need M5 x 20mm.

• Curtis501
      Curtis501 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey I have research this and you probably should have got the Lekkie 42t bling ring which is just about 4 or 5mm less offset, but my research shows two different offsets one at 18mm and the other at 20mm, the 18 is probably the closes so it would probably be better for you than the eclipse which I believe is 24mm offset, but I do not know what your intentions are, but probably would not need the spacers with the lekkie chain ring. In my situation, which I do not know yet because have not installed the BBSHD but I want my crankarms center with equal space from the frame as they are now without the motor yet. As Gary said for me in my post when I get the motor I will try the heavy stock chainring and since that offset is 19mm and if it is perfectly centered with that then I will get the Lekkie, but if I need more offset then I will get the eclispe, but do not know anything for sure since I have not even started my build yet. https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...g-offset-guide

My Luna smart 58v battery charger is only putting out 55v confirmed by multi-meter. What's next?

Comment

Mark here. I pulled the charger apart as shown in the video and adjusted the output from 55.6v to 58.8v and the battery is back again to charging. Thanks for the video!

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to hear it Mark!

Surron MX, FastAce front fork. Noticed a little play in my suspension, and found out I am missing my axle nut/cap. How would I go about replacing this?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        You could email us, not sure we have anything like that though. For what it's worth a cap would not cause play, probably more due to the fork itself, one of the reasons later versions use RST since it's reinforced.

• Sebz
        Sebz commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not a cap, it's a bolt that holds the axle in place, there are pinch bolts on the fork legs too but it's not enough to rely on.

The bolt is a M14x1.50x25mm

I'm looking to get a MXUS 3000W 3T motor and was wondering if my 72V 17.5ah battery that I got from Luna would be able to sufficiently power the motor. I currently have the 4T motor which works great but the motor and battery get very warm/borderline hot after about an hour of hard 35mph+ riding so my main concern is that if the battery gets hot from powering the 4T motor then would the battery overheat when powering the 3T motor since it draws more current? Detailed info about set-up are below

18 MOSFET AOT290L sine wave controller with 80A peak current
      ​​​​​​Controller Settings:
      50A Battery Current
      120A Phase Current

Battery Details:
      72V 17.5ah (20s5p)
      Panasonic/Sanyo GA cells
      50A continuous 70A max BMS

Other Factors:
      19" moto rim with 2.25" tire
      200lbs total riding wight (me+bike)

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Depends how you are using it. There is no reason why the 3t should draw more current with the same controller and the same settings as long as you have optimized the wheel size for that winding. Go with a smaller wheel or lower the current in the controller and these will mitigate heat issues to some extent.

In any case if the battery is getting hot it is a good indication that you are pulling too much current from it and it will shorten the cycle life over the long run if continuing to do so. 5p of GA is rated 50A but it'll last a lot longer if you dial it back a bit, or put a second identical pack in parallel to halve the load.

Originally posted by Jph3 View Post
      Surron MX, FastAce front fork. Noticed a little play in my suspension, and found out I am missing my axle nut/cap. How would I go about replacing this?
      No the nut is what secures the entire axle together. It’s required, otherwise the axle itself just falls out of the stanchion.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        If you say so, I don't have one in front of me. Typically with thru axle the axle itself threads into the stanchion itself as you can see from the exposed threads, so you just thread it in on that side then use the QR lever on the other side to tighten it up.

Hi,
      I need some help finding a battery to go with this ebike kit I bought. I’m looking for a 48v Hailong style battery. It needs to fit to this. Any suggestions? Also trying to stay under or around $400. Thanks for the help!

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Hardcase packs come with their own cradle. There are also a bunch of extra stuff coming off that one for some reason, we can in no way advise anything that will be a drop-in replacement with unknown wiring on the original cradle even if we knew which model that cradle went to, which we don't

Originally posted by Jph3 View Post

No the nut is what secures the entire axle together. It’s required, otherwise the axle itself just falls out of the stanchion.
      Yes that’s why I attached the pic... the threads are not in the stanchion, but in the axle tube itself.

Comment

• Sebz
        Sebz commented
        Editing a comment
        The bolt is a M14x1.50x25mm and unfortunately we do not have any in stock.

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Sebz is it like this for both rst and fastace, maybe we should add it to the knowledge base

• Sebz
        Sebz commented
        Editing a comment
        Only measured the Fast-ace.. but would not be surprised if it fits the RST...

I need to know when I can expect the other half of my order to be shipped.
      First the order was sent to billing address instead of shipping address. I have the Fed Ex note of attempted delivery.
      Second I was sent 1 part of the 2 piece order to the correct address.
      I need the second adapter please.
      Order # 54790
      American style eccentric BB to BSA adapter BB-ECCENTRIC 2 $40.00 USD $80.00 USD
      Subtotal: $80.00 USD
      Shipping: $5.00 USD
      Tax: $7.60 USD
      Grand Total: $92.60 USD
      Payment Method: Credit Card

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably oversold, so it may be weeks. You can email us so we can check with shipping and get back to you with perhap more details.

I got everything installed and have run into one last problem. The kit is the 750w front gear drive hub motor. I installed the half twist throttle and it appears in the controller display window. When I twist it nothing happens. I change to the thumb throttle and everything is fine. Do I have a bad unit? How do I test the unit?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        This is typical of that throttle. Connector needs plugged in so it clicks twice and that can be done fairly easily with the thumb throttle but on the other one not so much, even if forcing it. The solution if you can not force it is to remove a bit of the plastic housing on the tip so when the connector is pushed in it doesn't hit that housing.

Hi, how many pole pairs are there in a mini cyclone? I need this information to program a Phaserunner controller.

Thanks!

Comment

• Sebz
        Sebz commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi I'm 95% sure it's the same as the 3kW model and I know for sure the 3kw is a 8 magnets on rotor and 12 poles on the stator (E-RPM of six pole-pairs).

• Sebz
        Sebz commented
        Editing a comment
        I found an old link.. the 24VDC 500W cyclone mini (basibcally the same withe a lower KV) is a like the 3kW

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/vi...p?f=16&t=62589

Could you make a detailed dimensions image or PDF available for the new Jumbo 48v 17.5ah Shark pack? The product page says to see the images, but only pictures are shown. And it says 14x4x3", but is the height 4" or 3"?

https://lunacycle.com/48v-panasonic-...o-shark-ebike/

Comment

• Sebz
        Sebz commented
        Editing a comment
        Height is 4", width is 3"

Robmcc

Here are preliminary dimensions for the new jumbo shark revision. We have not yet had a chance to make our usual fancy dimensions image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	^A32219410ECFE32526F8C0BC5AED5983AF7E80E39CFA2640B2^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	69715

Comment

Working...
      X