Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just ordered the BBS02 kit with the 48v battery. Is it worth upgrading to the 52V battery for $75 more? Thanks.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Although some people do suspect that running 48 has more reliability on the controller. Not too sure if that's true though, and probably having access to the higher speeds is worth it.

Setting the amps in the display.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      You can't set amps in display gotta go into controller with program cable. Haven't looked at advanced settings lately but if that's what you are looking at it probably doesn't work as many advanced settings don't yet work as described on the video. If you were dropping current by 10A you would know it

Thank you, what about the wheel size setting, does that have any effect on performance?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope. Only used to calculate speed. You can verify this by looking at the power usage on the display after you change the setting

I purchased the Luna mini air pump to use with my Radrover.

How would you connect it to the Radrover battery to use on the side of the road... I probably need an an adapter to convert the one on the pump.... Any idea for its name and or source?

Thanks.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Without knowing what sort of connectors that particular bike has my best suggestion would probably be to just make a new connector directly on the power wiring that you can unplug and plug into the pump

I need help. I finally pulled it all together with an Electra Townie/BBSHD conversion and everything seemed to be working properly for several days until my display suddenly went dead. Even then motor kept working for several days, but eventually it stopped as well. I got busy with work and only last night was able to begin to try to diagnose the problem, only to discover thatvmy charger doesn't even light up when I plug it into the battery. At a complete dead end with an overweight
    Townie...any thoughts or advice?

Comment

Luna Anniversary Sale! $750 BBS02 Mid Drive Kit with Panasonic Lithium Battery

We are a retired couple in our mid Sixties.
    She weights about 110lbs.
    With a 30 count front sprocket could she use this kit on a fat bike for off road riding.
    I weight twice as much and am planning on getting the BBSHD with a large battery.
    Thanks John

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Not if the Fat bike has a 73mm+ BB. I believe you can source a special adapter from somewhere that extends the BBS02 up to 100mm+ if you search around.

Originally posted by GeekyGuy View Post
    I purchased the Luna mini air pump to use with my Radrover.

How would you connect it to the Radrover battery to use on the side of the road... I probably need an an adapter to convert the one on the pump.... Any idea for its name and or source?

Thanks.
    Can you post a photo of the connection the battery has?

Comment

Hey do you know where I could get schematic for this controller. Want to add some lights . could even just up grade to 48 volt if I could find some thing that would fit in that spot. This is on my Europa have lots info on it in my gallery.
      Thanks You have been on it!
      ED

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        You would probably have to contact the manufacturer. Hypothetically you could splice the lights directly into the power wiring, but you might need to put the wiring on a switch or breaker in order to be able to turn the lights on and off.

Greetings!

I'm ordering a BBSHD and I am hung up on the chainring... It is going on a 29er. I plan to haul a trailer with moderate to heavy loads. I am fat at 230 pounds. I have an 11-32 cassette. Presently running a 32 chainring, not that it means anything. I want to go as fast as possible as I have some distances to cover sometimes, (but not with a heavy load, the heavies will be 4 miles ish) yet I do not want to burden the motor and gears too much. I have some hills, not crazy steep but steep enough.

So my question is how many teeth can I put on the thing without blowing up the motor and gears? I presently think a 40 will do nicely, but hesitate and think a 36 is the way to go. Should I just get one and see how it feels, instead of spending any more time and energy researching and getting nowhere? Help!

Comment

• ykick
        ykick commented
        Editing a comment
        40T will be fine. Top motor speed BBSHD turns much faster than our legs ever will. I predict you'll be able to cruise 28-30 MPH burning about 1000W on rear 14T with that combination. 11T is a chain killer to be avoided all times, IMO.

if you go too much smaller the chain ring sits outside of the motor/freewheel housing and may adversely affect the chain line for the lower gears on the rear cluster.

• Zippy
        Zippy commented
        Editing a comment
        My friend who I blame for introducing me to ebikes (all he had to do was show me his BBSHD and it was all over) has a Specialized 29er Hardtail set up with BBSHD and 42T Luna chainring, he's about 200 lbs. He hooks a Tag-Along behind and pulls his 70 lb daughter up San Francisco style (very steep) hills no problem, uses his gearing and is able to keep his RPM's up quite nicely to avoid stress on the motor. Don't know what gearing he has in the rear but I know he hasn't changed it, it was what was on there previously.

• Pat
        Pat commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks guys! That helps a lot.

I have already purchased one Shark pack to use on my trike. My question isn't about hooking 2 packs together to extend the range, but rather is it possible to get a pack with the same key as the first? If I bought another pack to mount on my trike, can I order it with the key code to ensure I get the same key as what I already have?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Not really a Technical question but I will allow it.

Pretty much no, each pack is different and there is no database for these keys. I haven't tested this yet but someone posted this in the E-bike FB group for a replacement lock for the Shark Pack

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-5-13mm...dZYo~q&vxp=mtr

If you want to just replace the lock yourself, it should be possible.
        Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 08-11-2017, 01:14 PM.

Hi, about to purchase 2 of your bbshd kits, one for fatbike, one for 12 yr old stumpjumper. First question, can I get a temperature sensor installed for the motor so I don't overheat it? Second question: any difference or advantage in choosing the luna aluminum chain ring adapter/sprocket for $40 versus a lekkie bling ring?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Overheating is generally not a concern with bbshd, we don't do temperature sensor installations but if you really wanted to there is a guide if you Google for it.
        The aluminum ring has different offset and is cheaper and can be used with a standard chainring for bicycles as long as it has the right BCD, generally you probably want the lekkie unless you are ok with modding cassette or if you are running an IGH.

What does 100mm/144mm mean the bike im looking at say bottom bracket is 100mm/144mm cartridge will my 100mm bbshd fit this bike

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        They are probably including the overall length of the bottom bracket itself with the first measurement measuring just the bottom bracket shell. But as with all bikes you should personally measure it first to make sure as described in the documentation before getting the kit, so you can verify

Hi,

Does this

https://lunacycle.com/parts/hub-moto...wist-throttle/

Work with a Magic Pie v5?

IF YES, please verify that you have them in stock. Thank you

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it works, yes we have it in stock.

Just ordered this ebike 3 days ago
      HTML Code:
      https://lunacycle.com/luna-ludicrous-fusion-full-s-fat-with-50-amp-bbshd/
      I want this trailer for my ride
      HTML Code:
      http://www.bobgear.com/bike-trailers/ibex
      I need special attachments for a fat bike which are available here
      HTML Code:
      http://robertaxleproject.com/bob-trailers/
      I do not have the ebike yet but would like to buy the special attachments for it now. Could you help find me the parts I need? Please!
      I could only make it to the second question... for the rest I do not know.

Thank you

Marc
      Last edited by Varoum; 08-11-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        I would highly advise waiting for the bike so you can make the necessary measurements in person.

Hi is this part

https://lunacycle.com/cyclone-bearin...racket-spacer/

compatible with the bottom bracket you sold me with my 68mm deluxe mini cyclone kit? I have a wobble in the BB and it looks like the cup has minimal contact with the bearing on that side, so it wobbles a bit. m A spacer should solve the problem and I just want to be sure its the right part.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes if it is a standard square taper bottom bracket. I think it might also work with the Isis bottom bracket but I'm not sure we have verified that.

• MoneyPit
        MoneyPit commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect thank you I'll go place an order. Love this kit BTW. Its an excellent fit to my Stumpjumper FSR.
    Working...
    X