Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a BBSHD motor with 35xx miles on it. Recently it began making a high pitched whining noise under heavy loads.

I did a search and could only find things related to the nylon gear. This thing sounds more like a bearing related issue as it doesn't sound to horrible...yet.

I should also note that the noise is cyclic and happens in sync with the chain ring rotation (both pedaling and not pedaling).

Any suggestions as to how to further debug and figure out what is going on? Any common culprits to cause this?

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by jr4222; 07-19-2018, 04:11 PM.

Comment

What are your hours of operation so I can pick up my (4) "In store Pick-up" orders? I know the location but can't find what hours you are open.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Please email us your order number so we can check with the shop if they are ready, we will email you back once ready

hello
    I have the bbs02 mid drive kit on a brand new felt mountain bike I just purchased. last night riding in the city in high gear my chain came off. I put the chain back on and about 3 miles later my chain started slipping. it only slips in low gear under pressure. and it really slips when I hit the throttle. I tired adjusting the derailer to no avail plus everything was tuned correctly from the bike shop. have you had this experience before? bike only has about 60 miles on it the kit maybe 150 miles on it, everything is brand new and clean. please help!!

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Chain derailment can happen due to several reasons. A common one is chainline, the angle from rear gear to front gear. Depending on the bike the angle could be too extreme in the lowest or highest gears and it's something you can visually see.

If it is a chainline issue you may want to use a different chainring than stock such as the bbs02 lekkie bling ring. Aftermarket rings also have narrow wide teeth which makes it more able to hold the chain compared to stock.

There are other things it could be as well such a one of the chain links is bound up. You can check that by turning the pedals slowly while on a stand

• commuter ebikes
      commuter ebikes commented
      Editing a comment
      Could it be the case that your chain is too long? Remove a link and see if you can still shift through all the gears. If so, test ride the bike to see if the chain still slips off.

Do I have to cut the male DT60 connector on the advanced charger i just bought and solder the female connector on, is there a pull off connector under the shrink tubing? Don't want to void any warrantee, but I need the female DT60 on the charger side to charge my battery. Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      By default it has male xt60 as it is better for batteries to have the female xt60 on the battery side, less likely to short on something. If you have an xt60 pigtail connector set you can just crimp it on in place of the original connector, or use solder sleeves. But in any case yes soldering is an option.

Hi again Luna crew!

I have installed my new controller B on my BBSHD after having severed the speedo cable. The bike now runs, but I am thinking that the speedo itself is shot. I do not get a light on the speedo or speed readout, and the infamous 21h pops up after about 30 seconds of riding. Should I go ahead and replace the sensor?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you should

Is there a way to change from metric to imperial on the display that ships with the 750w geared hub kit?

Comment

Never mind I found it

Comment

My bbshd ebike powered was working just fine last night (The battery sat at 90 percent at room temp for a week) and then this morning it would not power on. What should I do?
        ​​​​​

Edit:

I have a 28ah panasonic triangle soft pack that I bought from you guys. I am using a luna 750c full color display. By powering on I meant that I held the display power button down and the screen did not illuminate and the throttle did not work.
        Last edited by Coolo118; 07-21-2018, 04:48 PM. Reason: Needed more info

Comment

Currently running a BBS02 with the Samsung 52V 6AH battery. I have an ammeter in the setup. Noticed that under extreme load, the highest current draw is 8A which corresponds to ~400W although the stated nominal for the BBS02 is 750W. Question is: wondering why I don't see more than the 8A draw. Wiring is all the same gauge as comes with the battery and none of the connections or wiring seem to get warm. No issues with the performance or the kit...all is great...but wondering.

jA

Comment

Just wondering eta on when the 48v rectangle battery will be back in stock. Some one told me it was up for a short time and sold out quick! Glad to see your busy!

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably a few weeks sorry..Likely whatever triggered a restock notification was just adding a limited few back to inventory after doing a physical count

So I didn't receive a spacer kit in my BBSHD kit, So I'm trying to get it to work using some bottom bracket spacers. Any reason why this won't work? I'm fitting a 100mm to a 73. Yes I should have got the 68-73 but I didn't.

Comment

• smithharder
          smithharder commented
          Editing a comment
          My fear is that since there is a spacer between the side of the bottom bracket and the mounting bracket. how do I make sure the motor doesn't rotate?

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          Use them on the other side.

• smithharder
          smithharder commented
          Editing a comment
          That pushes the chain alignment way off. I guess I'll just buy the BSB-1 and see if I can crank it down enough now for short term.

so my 52V 3AMP LUNA MINI CHARGER turns on then off repeatedly

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          Check to see if it the charger came with a small XT60 to XT60 adaptor in a baggy labeled "Cycling Adaptor Fix" Make sure not to confuse it for a generic XT60 to XT60 adaptor.

If not, Email support@lunacycle.com with a video and an order # of the issue and they'll send you one out.

Is a Trek 7200 with 73mm lower bracket suitable for a Bafang kit install?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          The main thing you should know though is if your bottom bracket shell has threads on the inside, It pretty much means your style of bottom bracket will likely take the BBS motor without needing an adaptor. Threaded bottom bracket shells are called JIS or BSA standard and this is what the Bafang motor kit was designed to work with. The inside diameter of your JIS-BSA shell should be 33.8mm +/- .2mm. Check it. Twice.

Hi! I've been considering various configurations for putting a motor on my Surly Cross Check, and wonder what you might suggest, as far as kit, etc.? I'll likely try to add a front suspension fork/front disk brakes, for off road, safety, comfort, etc. Thanks!!!

Comment

• Bheureux
          Bheureux commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been thinking about the Mac hub motor, but I see 6t isn't recommended for 700m tires... I'd consider switching to 650b if the Surly frame would allow for it. Also considering a mid drive, though I'm wondering if the extra maintenance/repair is worth the added power/torque in my case.

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          If something goes wrong on a BBSxx Mid-Drive, you'll have a hell of an easier time figuring it out and sourcing a part for it even years down the line than with the Mac Motor. Something to consider.

• Bheureux
          Bheureux commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the replies advice!

I was riding my bike yesterday under a heavy rain ans something went wron but idk what so i ended up having to walk. Now when i turn it on it does a weird noise sounds to me like a short circuit and error 2 appears on the screen what can it be or what can i do to fix it???

Comment

Working...
      X