Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was riding my bike yesterday under a heavy rain ans something went wron but idk what so i ended up having to walk. Now when i turn it on it does a weird noise sounds to me like a short circuit and error 2 appears on the screen what can it be or what can i do to fix it???

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Rain is a no-no unless you've done the waterproofing yourself.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...bshd-and-bbs02

You probably shorted out something on the handlebars. Start unplugging everything except the LCD display and see if it runs. If not, you can try bypassing the display with a programming cable or a small jumper wire to see if the issue is isolated to the motor. If it is...well time to start throwing replacement parts at it till it works.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...bbshd-or-bbs02

Generally speaking water can cause all sorts of problems and if you're unlucky, the entire motor might be done for.

Seriously, don't ride in the rain, people. Not only is it unsafe but you're taking a huge risk in compromising your system every time you do.
      Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 07-24-2018, 12:07 PM.

I just bought a BBSHD kit, and got it installed on my bike. I took it on a test ride a couple of laps up and down the block, maybe a half of a mile total, and the screen shut off while I was riding, and wouldn't turn back on. Now when I try to turn it on, the screen flashes the luna logo for less than a second and turns off.

My battery is charged, and is reading 57 volts. I have unplugged and plugged all of the cables back in, and everything seems connected well. I checked the speedometer magnet and sensor alignment, and it is good.

Details:
    Motor: Bafang BBSHD
    Display: Luna 750c screen.
    Throttle: Luna right full twitst
    Brakes: Bafang brake handles with motor cut off, both front and rear.
    Gear shift sensor: None, so that cable is not plugged into the motor.
    Battery: a 14s7p, 52v 20ah battery with Panasonic PF cells.

Any idea of what could be causing this issue?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Try bypassing the display with a programming cable or jumper wire and see if the motor runs at all

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...bbshd-or-bbs02

• Dave_
      Dave_ commented
      Editing a comment
      I plugged the programming cable in, and nothing happens. I checked the continuity across the battery connection, and it is good. I checked the battery voltage again, and it is still at 57v. I tried unplugging all of the brakes and it still won’t power on, or work when bypassing the display.

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Please email us your order number and a link to this post https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...0031#post70031
      if you can include some pictures of how you have it wired up in the email that would be helpful as well. In the meantime you might want to try bypassing the battery using the charger as the power source to see if the issue persists. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGibc-kutYA

I have readthrough the discussion on Bottom Brackets and everything seems to deal with the newer standards that have been developed.
    What about BMX? My shell is 56mm OD, 68MM wide with press in cups. What do I need to install a Bafang? Ideally a BBS02, but will go SHD if necessary

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      What is the inner diameter of the shell? If it's ~51mm you might be able to use something like this https://www.google.com/search?q=bmx+...ient=firefox-b would love to know how it works out if you give it a shot. If it works please feel free to message me and I will update the documentation.

i just bought the bbs02 and 52v 13amp battery running 29" on a mountain bike. i live in san francisco and i realize i should have bought the bbshd as i would like a little more power up the hills. would a smaller chainring help me up the hills? i have a 48t, should i go lower? i mainly ride in the city but i will hit the trails in golden gate park and marin often but i don't want to loose a lot of speed on the street. please advise what i can do ,if anything, to help me get up these hills a little easier lol, thx

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      What do you mean by power? More torque or more top speed? If more torque, try going with a lower size chainring like a 30T or 36T but if you need more top speed on the streets, you'll want something higher. Although 48T is already pretty high as it is.

• Kinni
      Kinni commented
      Editing a comment
      speaking from bay area experience, and 29er experience, ditch the 48, get a 42t eclipse or lekkie

Originally posted by grandnash84 View Post
    i just bought the bbs02 and 52v 13amp battery running 29" on a mountain bike. i live in san francisco and i realize i should have bought the bbshd as i would like a little more power up the hills. would a smaller chainring help me up the hills? i have a 48t, should i go lower? i mainly ride in the city but i will hit the trails in golden gate park and marin often but i don't want to loose a lot of speed on the street. please advise what i can do ,if anything, to help me get up these hills a little easier lol, thx
    The smaller chain ring the better for hills. And/or you can get a freehub/freewheel with a huge bailout gear. They make rear sprockets with ridiculously large tooth counts.

Comment

I am ready to order a BBSHD mid drive kit and have a question about the brakes My bike has one hydraulic and one mechanical brake. If I order the Hydraulic and disc brake sensors, will I also get the handles with cut off?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        It's either one or the other. Personally I'd just leave them both unplugged. The unit works fine without them and I've never had to use the cut-offs for any serious purposes. They just add to the wire clutter imo.
        Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 07-25-2018, 10:01 AM.

• Kinni
        Kinni commented
        Editing a comment
        kit comes with the mechanical levers, they wont leave them out if you get the sensors.

I am ready to order a BBSHD mid drive kit and have a question about the batteries. Can I order it with a 17.5 AH triangular pack rather than one of the batteries listed?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        You can add it to the cart as a separate item but it's not included with the kit because it won't be Plug N Play. You'll likely need an Anderson to XT90 adaptor.

How many Newton meters of Torque does the Luna Ludicrous 2500w have?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        The default has 160nm. You can probably double that for the Ludicrous.

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Please note BBSHD torque specs are what the factory claims, the above statement does not constitute a guarantee of a specific number, but it's definitely a lot

Does anyone know the phase and hall wire combination for the cyclone 3W and this controller? https://lunacycle.com/kelly-50amp-co...r-cyclone-72v/

Luna ran out of stock for the controller so I bought directly from Kelly and it doens't have the custom harness that Luna has. I made my own connectors but don't know about the wire combination. I tried a few combinations but all of them either doesn't move or move with really loud noise.

Please help.

Comment

I am really interested in buying at least 1 SUR-RON MX ELECTRIC bike.
        Does it have a VIN by chance?

I'd like to attempt to register it as my local county in NY requires. Any additional advice on that or is doing so pretty much a lost cause?

Thanks!!!!

Comment

I installed a Bafang 750C color display I had sitting around for a client and the usual password 1919 isn't working. Any suggestions?

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Try 1199, 1919 is for a different model.

• Peter Halt
          Peter Halt commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. That works.

So, I'm thinking of putting a Cyclone on my Surly Cross Check... any advice, fit, install, etc.? The bottom bracket makes me think it should be fairly easy (maybe with the Luna 3D Mounting Brackets?)... thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Be sure to check out the documentation page linked from listing, it goes over the basics of what to check and install guidance.

What chain ring is going to make it easier for me to climb steep hills without pedaling hard? That what I meant by power climbing the steep hills. Thanks

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          The smaller the chainring the more it is optimized for torque over speed.

Originally posted by grandnash84 View Post
        What chain ring is going to make it easier for me to climb steep hills without pedaling hard? That what I meant by power climbing the steep hills. Thanks
        The smallest chain ring that fits on there.

Comment

Hi, the connectors on my 52V Shark pack have melted so I am planning on replacing them with the XT-90 spark resistant connectors with pigtails. Is that what you would recommend? If so, could you tell me what butt splices I should use in order to connect both the battery and the cradle wires to the the pigtails?

Thanks,
          Mark

p.s. I know this is after hours so whenever you get a chance to respond, I would appreciate it

Comment

• Kinni
            Kinni commented
            Editing a comment
            yes. check the "ebike wiring basics video" for butt splice type.
        Working...
        X