Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have hered the bfang motors no longer allow you to use the throttle and pedal at the same time?? is that true?

I have also herd that Luna can fix this issue before they ship the bfang?? is that true?

thanks

Comment

Is it possible to buy a ludicrous controller?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope. Not unless you get a pre-built bike. We just had a small limited promotion where it was available to members of the Fast Electric Bike Facebook group but that has since ended. Maybe it'll come back next year? Always important to be engaged in the community so you don't miss out on these offers.
      Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 07-29-2018, 08:10 PM.

Can someone tell me the spindle length on the Cyclone square-tapered 100-110mm bottom bracket?

https://lunacycle.com/cyclone-square...ottom-bracket/

I asked Support this question a couple weeks ago and was told the BB info they have is at the Cyclone site here:

http://www.cyclone-tw.com/Parts.html

Unfortunately that page does not show the 100-110mm BB. It has every one but that one. Would it be possible for someone to hold up a ruler to one you have?

I have a 100mm BB right now with a 164mm spindle... If the 100MM Cyclone bracket has the slightly more common 166mm length it would be worth buying as I need every mm I can get on my current build.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Reply to the support email. Tell them per Gary please ask the shop via wunderlist and get back to you once they answer.
      Just a heads up it will take a bit of time to hear back from shop.

• MoneyPit
      MoneyPit commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it. Thx! I am not in a rush I have a 164mm that will fit but at present I am only toqueing the crankarms to 20 ft lbs to keep the chainring from getting closer to the stay. I already know I can shim it but would rather find a different solution.

Originally posted by Sequoia23 View Post
    Is it possible to buy a ludicrous controller?
    http://endless-sphere.com/forums/vie...40839c09629e92

Comment

I called and left a message. I need a tech guy to call me so I can discuss my bike build plans. I have 2 new cannondale trail 5 mtn. bikes that I want to put the bafang BBS02 on both bikes. I have all the technical info on existing bikes just not sure if the bbs02 shaft is gonna be long enough . please call me back asap thanks keith 207 316-7682 and yes I have researched the piss out of this on your site and many others. I just want to get these builds right and I am waiting for your help so I can place an order.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Just check the length of the bottom bracket. Is it within 68mm-73mm? Is it a standard threaded bottom bracket? Then yes it's likely going to fit.

Kentucky fried BBSHD anyone? I’m sorry it’s a little well done.

Our beloved and favorite bike 680+, which we were convinced was nearly the perfect machine broke our hearts this weekend at just above 500 miles. Make no mistake, the 680 is ridden hard, not abused... but there’s no doubt the thing is no hanging garage queen. Posting some pics for information sharing and techs
      Attached Files

Comment

• AlanKilian
        AlanKilian commented
        Editing a comment
        I can smell that from here! Too bad.

Loppy if we send this part of the core to you do you reckon you could pop it in and give it a shot? If so please let me know your order# and I'll have it sent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180730210029764_COVER.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	70521

Comment

Greetings I am looking for a connector to plug into my dolphin case mount on my ebike to connect my lipo packs via xt90 connector. Do they make an adapter with round plug 2 pins to an xt90 connector? Thank You!!!!

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          They do not make an adaptor for the Dolphin cradle plug, you can just remove the cradle and use the direct discharge leads off the motor and switch them with XT90's

• dlytton
          dlytton commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank You!!

Hello !
        the equipment.
        Cyclone 3k stock everything with 72v 10mah luna trangle
        Its been about a solid 2 weeks of commuting every day with my new ebike. been charging my battery full to 100 for the first couple rides to balance, and once balanced, been charging at 80%. I am commuting pretty flat for 10 miles each way.
        I noticed yesterday and today, the power is a little dull, and my battery is draining faster than the first 1.5 weeks. First 1.5 weeks, it would take ~ 5v drop per 10 miles. Yesterday and today, im taking about 7-9v drop and the motor feels sluggish, no perky push from the motor. Almost as if the battery on the robot is dying, and it starts talking slower and slower until it shuts off. My bike doesnt shut off, but the motor feels slow. I checked to see if theres anything rubbing or causing more friction and found nothing.
        Today, i did a full 100% charge to see if its the batteries problem, but the symptoms are the same and it drained 8v with the same 10 miles.

Any insight on this symptom of lower power along with increased power consuption?

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Install a wattmeter if you want to measure power consumption, it's the only way to accurately know what is going on.

• frijoles24
          frijoles24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Before i spend money on a wattmeter, how can it help diagnose the decreased power and increased power consuption? Im thinking wattmeter will show me the load onto the system per the load im placing on the throttle, and will also give me a measure of mah remaining.

Also, today was the same, at 81v to 73v by the end of my trip. I was more gentle on the throttle, accelerating at 70-71v and maintaining speed at 74-75v (voltage drop due to load). Towards the end of my trip is downhill, so mainly coasted.

• frijoles24
          frijoles24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Also, i think the wattmeter goes up to 60v. Im running 72, will that be a problem?

Hi,

Does the 300W 52v Advanced charger come with a male XT60? If not, can I have one put on when I order (or better yet is there a XT60 female to male adapter)?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, they do come with Male XT60's

• ericmeds
          ericmeds commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Is the Male XT60 already wired in? Pretty sure the charger I ordered will have a female end.

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're judging by the pics on the website. It was from an older batch. I'm pretty sure they all come with XT60 Male's now.

Hello, I've got a bbshd and luna 750 controller installed with 36v battery showing 40v on the 750c but no wheel spin-up. brakes cords are removed.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          BBSHD is only compatible with 48v-52v batteries. And whats a 750 controller? The BBSHD has a built in controller already. Little confused. More details please?

When will the 72 V batteries be back in stock???????

Comment

I rode my scooter 14 miles i was 1.5 miles from home and it stop giving me power the scooter will cut on and occasionally give throttle on its own (very scary) it has an screw icon on top of the speedometer im not sure what it means but thats probably the problem does anyone know what that screw icon mean? I have to hold the brakes in case its throttles up thats the brake icon next to it

Comment

• Tommycat
          Tommycat commented
          Editing a comment
          Had a similar problem with intermittent motor operation with no throttle input. Turned out to be a bad hall sensor ground connection in the throttle. See more about it HERE. Double check your throttle connectors and wiring for cuts, shorting, being smashed or pulled.

Just built a brand new 48v pack. I have your 48v 300w advanced and it's only charging to 52.9v. What's going on? Charging at 100% 3amps.

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you test the bms?

• Schrockie71
          Schrockie71 commented
          Editing a comment
          more info on testing bms?

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          It's going to depend on your skillset, what tools you have available and how much you want to spend. I know at Luna every BMS we build with at our L.A. battery factory goes through some fancy machine that is purpose built to test BMS. Honestly even that isn't foolproof but it's better than nothing. If more than a certain percentage of the boards fail upon testing we trash the entire shipment.

There's youtube videos on how to test basic functions of a bms, might give it a shot. Or it might be easier just to try a different bms.

I'm looking at purchasing a Motobecane Boris X7 but it has damage to the fork and I'd like to replace it, I can't find much info from Motobecane on their fork other than (26" 25.4x28.6x30x250L 1 1/8" (465mm Axle to Crown)) I'd like to get a suspension fork and I was looking at the Luna Lander Fat Suspension Fork but I'm not sure that it would work for the Boris X7, does anyone happen to know if that fork would work? Link to Fork https://lunacycle.com/luna-lander-fat-suspension-fork/ Thanks!

Comment

• Peter Halt
          Peter Halt commented
          Editing a comment
          Luna lander is 135 mm with a straight 1 1/8 shaft so it should work.
      Working...
      X