Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Sur-Ron mx electric coming.
    I am looking for a rack I can mount to it to carry cargo. Ideally a bag on the back and some hanging cargo bags, but I'll take what I can get.

Anyone try a universal dirt bike cargo mount?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      You might have better luck asking here:

Looks really NEAT. Is this the bike everybody were waiting for? For those who do not understand chinese, download google transle phone app for real time camera translation. ====================================================== Merlins tire opinions: 241 trials I would say 50/50...

Not a lot of us here own Sur-Ons yet so you might get better answers from actual owners of the bike.

Originally posted by grandnash84 View Post
    hello
    I have the bbs02 mid drive kit on a brand new felt mountain bike I just purchased. last night riding in the city in high gear my chain came off. I put the chain back on and about 3 miles later my chain started slipping. it only slips in low gear under pressure. and it really slips when I hit the throttle. I tired adjusting the derailer to no avail plus everything was tuned correctly from the bike shop. have you had this experience before? bike only has about 60 miles on it the kit maybe 150 miles on it, everything is brand new and clean. please help!!
    hey this just happened to me as well, turns out that when my chain jumped it fell between the chainring and the motor and when it did it damaged a link causing the link to be "tight", I replaced the chain and no issues now. Check for a tight link.

Comment

Quick question regarding the Luna thin bike bell: can it be installed without removing my handlebar grip? In particular, can I remove the mounting screw and spread open the bell enough to slip radially over my handlebar OR is it necessary to remove the bar grip to install?

Thanks.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        The handlebar grip needs to be removed.

I have a Jumbo Shark 48V 17.5Ah battery. Kinda confused on how to charge the pack. Do I charge with the power switch on or in the off position. From what I have see the Jumbo batteries need to have the power switch in the on position while charging for the BMS to function.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Depends on the BMS used in the production run you have. Some have required the switch to be on, although not all of them.

• Ecwise
        Ecwise commented
        Editing a comment
        how can I tell what BMS was used?

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        It's irrelevant because we do not have a list of which BMS require the switch and which do not.
        If you need the switch to be on then just switch it on..

Hello
      Will the BBSHD work with a MTB with FSA BB-7100 bottom bracket? Or do I need to buy an adaptor and witch one?
      Thanks

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        It's hard to go off information like that, generally we always recommend doing a manual measurement and inspection just to be sure. There are also a couple of other things you need to consider such as where the cables are routed. Some bikes have them routed under the bottom bracket. Some of them also have weird obstructions that might interfere with the motor. There's no real way to 100% confirm it without measuring and a little eyeballing. Always have a backup solution.

Hello guys,

Can you configure the ASI BAC 800 CONTROLLER

for BBSHD motor as an external controller ?

thanks,

Arnaud

Comment

• Rodney64
        Rodney64 commented
        Editing a comment
        Luna only offer programming for the ASI controller for Cyclone and Mac motors.

I bought the kit below a couple of months ago and the cables from the motor won't reach to the cable coming off the controller. Are there extension cables available?

Let me correct my terminology. The LCD that displays speed, etc doesn't seem to connect.
      Last edited by alpine; 08-02-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I have a bb52 x 73mm can you recommend an adaptor? it is design for the Shimano BB52 Deore
      TX
      Last edited by Meinthewolrd; 08-02-2018, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        The BB52 looks to be standard threaded so it shouldn't need an adaptor, but you need to be sure with measurements and visual inspection.

I have an SW900 LCD and one day my bike just quit working and LCD error code "07", motor problem. I bought a new controller with same results. I have an old controller that doesn't have a plug for my SW900 LCD and that runs my bike just fine. Any suggestions?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, we don't have much familiarity with non-Luna sold products. You should contact the original seller/manufacture of the display & motor. Sounds like a controller issue though.

Hi - How do people deal with rain and ebike batteries? I like in a rainy city. Would you recommend waterproofing a Shark or Dolphin battery pack or buying a the Wolf (already waterproofed). Thanks.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Idk, You're still kinda risking it and you shouldn't ride in the rain regardless. It's dangerous. A patch of wet leaves on the ground can be like slipping on a huge banana peel at 40km/h and you'll have to spend a lot of time drying off and cleaning the bike after every ride which might get tiresome after awhile. I live in a rainy city (Vancouver, BC) but I only ride during the Summer or Non-Rainy Days. I've ridden in the rain before but it's a fairly miserable experience with a sprinkle of danger thrown it. I honestly don't know how people do it.

Best thing you can do is to make sure everything is sealed. The motor is mostly all waterproof but the connections and stuff need to be taped over multiple times and the control pads/display need to be covered with a ziplock baggy and an elastic band, or you can use dielectric grease and just fill it in the cracks.

For the battery, your best bet is keeping it inside of a triangle bag with plastic bag and foam padding wrapped around it for extra protection.
        Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 08-03-2018, 10:13 AM.

• commuter ebikes
        commuter ebikes commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t ride in the rain. I switch to a pedal bike on those days.

I just finished building my sur Ron and it will not move
      no throttle response all lights come on, horn works, I have the main breaker switched on and kickstand up and it will not go. I have removed the brake lever safety switches in case that was the problem also have tried adjusting the throttle cable.. any ideas before I tear this whole thing apart

Comment

I’m thinking about getting a bare Cyclone motor for a custom build (I’ll only need the motor, controller, and throttle) and I have a couple questions:
      - Looks like the bare motor is about 30mm longer than the one that comes with the kit, but dose the bare motor have the same height and width?
      - Does the bare more come with the same connectors?
      - Are there any other pros or cons with using the bare motor vs the one that comes with the kit?
      Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        It's sold for custom builders like pedicab companies. Would not be very surprised if there is some other portion that is somewhat larger but as far as we know it's just the length. I think it comes with same connectors but can not make promises. Pros are it's a bigger motor. It's going to stay cooler and generate more usable torque instead of waste heat. Cons are you need to fabricate various brackets to use for whatever your uses happen to be.

Please post the dimensions of the metric cap screws used to hold the chaining spider onto the BBSHD motor. The parts page shows the bolts or cap screws but does not list them as available to purchase? The offering is any of the parts for $5.95. Here is the link https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-p...g-spare-parts/

BTW - built an old Giant Iguana into into a sand monster for the New Jersey Pine Barrens. So far 1000 miles of bliss. The BBSHD 750 bumped to 1500 watts is a scream, Cheers.

Comment

Confused with two leads on Wolf 52v. One is XT60FH, other is XT90-S, with tape over it. I am replacing Carbon Shark PF. Which lead do I use for connecting to motor?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        The XT90-S is for the motor/controller

The XT60 is for charging.
        Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 08-03-2018, 01:58 PM.

Hello and hope everyone is doing good. The question I have is if you buy the Mosso folding mini off your site can you request with your shipment to also have the original crank arms, bottom bracket, pedals and all the stuff you removed from the original bike to also come with your shipment? I posted a pic of the regular bike before the motor has been added. Click image for larger version  Name:	20-F1-wo.jpg Views:	1 Size:	274.8 KB ID:	70778 Thanks
      Last edited by Amberbikegirl; 08-03-2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Amberbikegirl
        Amberbikegirl commented
        Editing a comment
        I almost have enough on my credit card right now to order it, if it was not for shipping charge could do it now. It should not be much longer then I can order it. One or tow more payments should do it. As long as I do not have any out of the ordinary expenses pop up. Thanks

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        I suppose you could ask in the order comments when you place the order whether they can get back to you on pricing for the original takeoff parts. It would be up to the shop and it would delay shipment to get it sorted out. Typically we do not offer this level of customization though.

Yes the bike is specced better than most folding ebikes on the market. You could just turn off the power or leave it on PAS 1 for exercise. Or even reprogram PAS 1 for some super-low input if you wanted to as the controller is fully programmable.

For payment you we do have Paypal Credit if you add it to cart, there's a button at the bottom of the cart which extends a line of credit for the purchase so you can do payment plans.

• Amberbikegirl
        Amberbikegirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks paxtana, When I buy the bike I want it free and clear so I am the outright owner. You are right about the setting the pas low or off, but I was thinking about the bike being much lighter without the motor and battery. I think it should be about 12 or 13lbs lighter. I will get it figured out one way or the other. Talking about unexpected expenses, I just had to buy a new battery for my car today, so my purchase of the folding bike is a little later unless this lottery ticket i have wins on Monday, but the odds are next to nothing on that. Thanks
    Working...
    X