Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brettvogel
    commented on 's reply
    Also, I just noticed this on the throttle page (which I ordered)....."Only what is pictured is included. Does not include black clamp / housing." Where do I get the black clamp/housing? Thank you!

• brettvogel
    replied
    Hello and Happy Friday! I ordered a cable throttle and the throttle box for our most recent Sur Ron purchase. It came with the electric throttle and it was just too twitchy. I searched for but couldn't find on the forum. I am looking for instructions on how to replace the electric with the cable throttle and throttle box. Are there instructions anywhere for this? Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    It has the capability to reprogram a controller so I suppose depending on what you did that could affect it

• Lherbert
    commented on 's reply
    Most likely all ground wires to batt neg. 1 main positive wire from the batt. To the Positive to the switch the other wires coming out of the the switch attach to the component light ect. Bottom line the switch is the break in the circuit so it does not get grounded

• Bullfrog
    commented on 's reply
    Looks like an ISIS crank...you need a M15 bolt for an ISIS crank.

Bafang BBSHD uses a square taper crank. ISIS and Square Taper are the two main types of cranks used now. You can probably pick up the bolt you need from the local bike shop as well.

It is not absolutely necessary as the clamping force is what holds the crank arm on the crank...it is just a plug and an additional safety in case your clamp bolt gets loose.
    Last edited by Bullfrog; 07-29-2020, 05:26 AM.

• swamp
    replied
    installed eggrider v2 display on luna bbshd with hot rod controller program... bike seems a lot slower now..
    does eggrider display cancel out the luna hot rod controller tune?

Leave a comment:

• rcashlimo
    replied
    Originally posted by ncmired View Post
    M5 x 10mm I believe - usually hex socket head but they don't have to be.
    Thank you so much?

Leave a comment:

• jstew
    replied
    I have about 1500 mi on my eBike with no significant problems--until today :(.

I rode about 1 mile on full charge and locked up my bike while I hiked for 2 hours with some friends. It was about 80 degrees Fahrenheit. When I returned to my bike, I hopped on and started to ride on PAS 2. BUT after about 500 yards, my Luna display showed ERROR, the motor stopped working, and the wattage fell to and stayed at 000. I tried turning off the battery and turning it back on, but nothing. In fact, now the display would not even turn on! I rode the bike home on no power and left it in the shade.

A few hours later, I was able to turn both the battery and display on. Went for a short test ride and no issue. So that's good. As long as it doesn't keep happening...

Any idea about what is going on? Is this a known thing? Did the battery just overheat in the (not that hot) sun? Or do I have perhaps a bigger problem and only time will tell?

Leave a comment:

• kleet
    replied
    Can someone tell me which part to order? This is photos of my Luna X-1 crank arm. The cover fell off, so I ordered a Bafang Crank Arm bolt from Luna, and it's not the correct part. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jnyc
    replied

Roam 2 Disc Size L (2020) E-Bike conversion?

Attached are the dimensions to the bike. I'm an nyc courier that is completely new to this so I am looking to already use my roam 2 disc instead of buying an ebike. I also have a rack that could be installed with it.

Leave a comment:

• davey
    replied
    ok is there anyone who could provide pics and or advise on the wiring of a 12volt front light and a 3 in 1 switch i tried to follow from instructions of id of wires for each item but no luck so far so i am trying to look again on net and go back over my notes of each wire identfication per part i am using a 12 volt battery to get things connected right so i can make a harness before i attach to bike i am gratefull for any help

Leave a comment:

• luka
    commented on 's reply
    I can't fint on AliExpress

• Erzant
    commented on 's reply
    Also, to fill the reservoir with nitrogen, it looks like he'll need to use a needle? Doesn't look like a schrader valve setup.

• Erzant
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Paxtana - I actually ended up getting it dislodged by using the small holes on either side of the blue compression knob. I used a tool that fit in the holes and it allowed me to get the leverage needed to make the thing move again.

My only problem now is that the nitrogen in the reservoir has either all or partially gone away as I tried to release some pressure there in my attempts to get the knob to move.

So I need to run to a suspension shop and fill it up with nitrogen. Can you tell me what the advised PSI should be inside the shock? I would assume somewhere in the 170-200 range?

Let me know - thanks!

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    got a pic? ..might be best to email us on this one
Working...
X