Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when will the 48v 13.5ah shark pack be back in stock?

Comment

I would like to convert my Trek 520, most kits seem to be designed for flat bars, and i would rather keep the handle bars as they are. What type of kit would you recommend for bikes with drop bars? I think the only difficult part is the throttle mechanism, and the motor shut off with the brakes, but i don't know, hence my asking.

Comment

What programming would you recommend for bbshd for only flat urban commute? 3 km stretches with no stops.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Stock should be fine unless you have a specific reason to change it like wanting more range, less torque, slower ramp up of power etc

Text Required
    Last edited by daren76; 09-07-2018, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe. I would get the adapter and check the fitment before ordering the kit though.

One thing to check is how much added length (if any) it adds to the shell. If it's still around 68-73 probably fine

• daren76
      daren76 commented
      Editing a comment
      Text Required

What exactly do you call this display and where is it best mounted? On the battery?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6417.JPG
Views:	373
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	72535Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6419.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	72536
    Attached Files

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a volt meter for the battery. It doesn't do anything except read the voltage. You don't have to have it plugged in at all times. Only when checking the voltage.

Assuming that the RoPD charge connector on a Luna Roam Fusion battery pack were broken, would it be possible to fully charge the Fusion battery back through the XT90s load port? Have an open ticket (#134817) that has that question as well. Thank you.
    Last edited by docmicro; 08-28-2018, 12:51 PM. Reason: Added ticket number

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      No, it's dangerous and bypasses the BMS meaning you could overload a single cell and short the whole thing out. Only do this for a few seconds as a test measure.

How now brown cow,How now brown cow,How now brown cow
    Last edited by daren76; 09-07-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      You already posted this question. It wasn't ignored but I can't answer this for you so you'll have to wait for input from someone else.

I don't really know if by "Euro" they mean BSA standard. You'd probably wanna email them about it and get the measurements for the inner diameter

• daren76
      daren76 commented
      Editing a comment
      Text Required
      Last edited by daren76; 09-07-2018, 04:48 PM.

Originally posted by daren76 View Post
    Kinda of a stupid/noob question, but it looks like I have an American Loose Bottom Bracket frame, with 51mm inner diameter.

OEM Part:

http://www.jbi.bike/site/product_det...t_number=22350

The only adapters I can find for this type of shell is a American to Euro adapter. Does "Euro" = BSA which will then allow a BBS02?

i.e.:

http://www.jbi.bike/site/product_det...t_number=20209

Is this what your bike (trike) looks like?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_13973.jpg Views:	1 Size:	50.0 KB ID:	72582

This bike has what's commonly called an "Ashtabula", one piece crank. Luna sells an eccentric Ashtabula to BSA adapter (thru which the motor will fit), here: https://lunacycle.com/american-style...o-bsa-adapter/

It looks like this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_13974.jpg Views:	1 Size:	143.5 KB ID:	72584

There is a slight possibility you will need an aftermarket chainring (appropriate for the motor you're using) to get the chain aligned correctly and to get the bike's overall gearing back down to what you were used to with the bike's stock 36 tooth chainring. And, most likely you will need a new, quite long, 120 or so link chain.
    Last edited by ncmired; 08-28-2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• daren76
      daren76 commented
      Editing a comment
      Text required

• ncmired
      ncmired commented
      Editing a comment
      Best of luck, and good to hear you're looking to improve braking via a disk.

I have a Juiced air electric bike. Wanted to add more power. Wanted to add a front hub motor to my already existing electric bicycle. Wanted to add a front hub motor. Is there anyway I could put a mid drive on on a hub motor in the rear? Or should I just add a front hub motor to the ebike? Do I need to add a similar wattage saw you guys put a mid drive on a Sonders ebike how do I make my ebike go faster add more power thanks??

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately we don't provide this level of support for other vendor bikes. These kind of ideas usually end up just making some abomination that has like 20 problems with it. You'll be better off just starting over with a craigslist bike + kit than trying to get some frankenstein Juiced Bike working. Trust me. It'll be more hassle than it's worth.
      Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 08-29-2018, 12:11 PM.

With the Ludacris on my bike I absolutely love it. I was on a trail though and pretzel'd a wheel "nothing new for me" and the bike took a spill. Swapped the wheel but, I noticed the power going through the bike under throttle was only 950 watts at full throttle. Would the controller of reverted or tune reset from Ludacris mode or is still giving me 2500 watts?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      The display doesn't have the capability to show 2500 watts. It just doubles the value. So if you saw 950watts, that's more like 1900 watts. The max is 1250 on the display but you probably didn't see it since you weren't under full load. Try going up hill in 5th or 6th gear to see that kind of load.
      Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 08-29-2018, 04:44 PM.

I have a BBSHD for 68mm BB and thinking about getting a Jones LWB 29+, which is 68mm and Boost spacing. Will my 52t Lekkie Bling Ring clear it?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      We...can't really answer these kind of questions unfortunately. You'd have to manually check or eyeball it after the motor is installed and make sure the chainstay isn't blocking the way or anything. We do have plenty of information on the offsets for these rings here, including measurements.

Because of the presence of the motor taking up space, the point where a chainring would mount onto the motor is pushed out to the right from where a chainring would normally be. Offset is defined as how much distance you are able to bring the sprocket closer towards the frame. This results in a better chainline, less likelihood
      Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 08-29-2018, 08:43 PM.

• Joe Remi
      Joe Remi commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, excellent info, it looks like a bad idea. Maybe with a 30t chainring I'd get away with it, but that bike wasn't designed to run a big 52. Good thing I didn't buy it!

The last cable from my motor is supposedly destined for a headlight. No headlight came with my kit, nor was there any info on what headlights are available with connectors to this cable. Does the LUNA CYCLE CYCLOPS LED LIGHT come with a connector that plugs into this fourth cable?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	48.7 KB ID:	72650
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ajdoval; 08-30-2018, 07:27 AM. Reason: Additional photo for clarification

Comment

• ajdoval
      ajdoval commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a BBSHD; there are four cables. In the manual under #3. System Cabling, there is 3.1 cable for the battery, 3.2 Cable for speed sensor, 3.3 Cable for the EB-BUS (what do these letters stand for??), and 3.4 Cable for headlight (optional) followed by 3.5 Cable for headlight (not optional??). I added a photo. Thanks

• ajdoval
      ajdoval commented
      Editing a comment
      Your diagram does indicate the cable is for a gear sensor. Still wondering what the manual has in mind as regards a headlight that uses this cable. How useful is a gear sensor for a mid drive, rear derailleur only, 8 speed?

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Like I said, the manuals are not always accurate to what Bafang is sending out. Their have been models previously with a cable for the lights and models without. Bafang isn't exactly consistent in that regard.
      Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 08-30-2018, 09:50 AM.

I currently have a Electro BIke LT48 in my Sondors Thing and I've put foam tape around it to get it to fit more snugly in the box. I know I can pick up the 0.5" of depth I need by sanding down the holes that used to have rubber bumpers in them, but after looking at the dimensions of the 52V TRIANGLE PANASONIC GA 18650 14AH HIGH POWER AND LONG RANGE from Luna Cycle (https://lunacycle.com/52v-triangle-p...nd-long-range/) I'm just not quite sure it will fit... it will be really itght. I attached some photos with measurements.

Does anyone have any experience with this in the Thin and making it fit? Seems like it would be super close and the best batter on the market for the bike (without swapping the box) if one could make it work.

Thanks!

Chad

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Use the dimensions to make a cardboard cut-out copy and then try putting it in the case to see if there's any interference issues.

I just bought a bbs02 installed it on another bike for my son.
    Id like to do a bike today using BBSHD.

Looks like the only offering for a BBSHD is the 73-100mm (FAT)

Can I order that and install it on a 68MM? if I have to make some spacers that's fine.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      No, wait for the 68mm to be back in stock.

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      It'll be restocked within the week

Hello, Will a frame with a prefabricated G510 bracket, hold the LUNA Bafang Magnesium Ultra Drive motor (I assume it is yes)? Are all the Luna Bafang Magnesium Ultra Drives fitted with all steel gears, or are there still Nylon gears in some of the motors? Has anyone determined and can you recommend the most all-round,versatile chainring size for the Bagang Ultra 1000W. Thanks.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Check out the Ultra listing it shows the difference in the bracket. If you are good with welding and other fabrication I am sure you could make it work but it would not be a drop-in replacement.
Working...
X