Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnnaH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AnnaH
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I did and the problem is that there is nowhere I can type in the password, it says SPL 25km/h but no blank spaces where I can type in 0512.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Did you watch the instruction video https://youtu.be/0YEDKbNS1oQ

• AnnaH
    replied
    Hi!
    I have a Bafang display DP C10.C 1.0. There is nowhere I can enter a password to change settings. I’ve watched a lot of youtube videos how to change the size of the tires or speedlimit but all of them have a place to put in a password, but not in mine. Anyone who has experienced the same?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Read this post https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...846#post109846

• daly944
    replied
    My new Sur Ron Light Bee arrived and I assembled it last week. It came with the Volcano front forks. Upon assembly, the dust seal on each of the front forks detached and is hanging around mid-way on the forks. I tried to slide it back up to lock into place on the forks but it will not stay. Do the forks need to be rebuilt or replaced to fix this issue?

Leave a comment:

• BK Xray
    replied
    Originally posted by Aardain View Post
    I'm a big guy, ~420 lbs (195+ kg) before the bike and cargo, with a 15-mile commute - how does this affect which motor I should get, and how does the weight affect the max speed and range? Are any of the motors ok with pushing that much load?
    It's all about the gearing. We used a BBS02 for awhile on our tandem trike. It had plenty of power but we used a 38 tooth chainring with an 11-34 cassette on a 20" wheel. With the 2 of us on our big heavy trike, our total weight was up around 475 or 500 pounds. I would definitely use the BBSHD for the stronger gears and bigger cooling fins.

Leave a comment:

• christo75
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed 5000km is a good time to get my hands dirty ,
    many thanks for the reply
    Last edited by christo75; 08-10-2020, 02:46 AM.

• briskup
    commented on 's reply
    Hi!
    I had the very same problem on a newer motor, less than 1000 miles, asked here, asked bike manufacturer support, googled, didn’t found solution nowhere. After another 100-200 miles motor broke. I suggest you stop using it and check asap.

Refer to this guide to see what I’m talking about, though this guide is about another topic:
    https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ch-replacement

What I discovered on disassembling:
    1. 5 bolts holding reduction gear on axle completely uscrewed or wasn’t tightened at factory at all. Reduction gear started pushing on plastic ring with PAS magnet. Misaligned magnet caused symptoms you experiencing.

2. After that misaligned reduction gear caused extra wear and finally tooth break on both reduction gear and pinion gear. I had to replace them both.

You should disassemble, check 5 bolts, check gears on extra wear.
    Check guide for extra tools you need and may buy from luna.
    You will also need grease and better to replace all grease in motor with Mobil28.
    Snap ring could be broken as well, you can get it from regular hardware store. I prefer not to reuse snap rings and use new each time.

It’s a bit of pain first time, but anyway 5000 km is about time to disassemble motor, replace grease, check bearings and everything.

Guide on regreasing
    https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...e-and-greasing

Guide on tools
    https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...llation-easier
    Last edited by briskup; 08-07-2020, 05:38 AM.

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe it is the pas sensor or the controller

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    I would only work with the BBSHD or maybe the cyclone, and make sure to keep it downshifted into the lowest gears, maybe regularly checking how hot the motor is getting as well as possibly using a smaller chainring like 42t eclipse. Keeping it in low gear will definitely affect speed, and hauling multiple times the average load will also greatly affect range. You would probably want a large battery.

• christo75
    replied
    Hello

i would appreciate any ideas on what it could be wrong with the following:

Bafang BBS02b - it has about 5000km

today as i was cycling i noticed that when PAS kicks in, it never stops, unless i take the PAS down to 0 or press the cut off brake.

I also noticed that if i lift the bike rear wheel on a stand so that it can rotate freely, then i turn the crank, the PAS activates and start spinning, if i try to back pedal , it is still spinning, if i remove my hand from the pedal, then the crank hijacks the pedal and the whole thing is spinning till i stopped it with either of the 2 ways i mentioned above.

i suspect its either the clutch or some sort of PAS malfunction.

i would appreciate any advice

Many thanks

Christo

Leave a comment:

• Aardain
    replied
    I'm a big guy, ~420 lbs (195+ kg) before the bike and cargo, with a 15-mile commute - how does this affect which motor I should get, and how does the weight affect the max speed and range? Are any of the motors ok with pushing that much load?

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry Rix we do not know the answer to that question...

• Bullfrog
    commented on 's reply
    IMO you don't need 12 gears with an electric motor. The motor has max torque at zero rpms so something like a 3 speed is all you really need assuming you ride from very slow to very fast. If you only ride off road, I'd go with the 30T Mighty Mini in the front and a single 22T in the rear and never shift gears. Just leave your derailleur in place and use it as a chain tensioner. Another option is to take your cassette apart and use spacers for an 7-8 speed set up. Your shifter will need to change as well because the indexing will be off. Then run a chain for a 7 or 8 speed bike. Sure is nice to have the narrow/wide tooth pattern on the Mighty Mini to avoid the chain coming off. I believe you could also convert your cassette to fewer gears by using spacers between the gears so you skip every other gear. Getting the spacing correct will be a little bit of a challenge but is doable. So when finished you will have your existing 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th...etc. gears. You'll end up with half as many gears. You could then run the Mighty Mini without modification with a 7-8 speed chain and run your existing shifter. You'll have to be very careful when changing gears but it will work...sort of a unique set up so most would probably not recommend it for the novice builder.
    Last edited by Bullfrog; 08-05-2020, 04:51 AM.
Working...
X