Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..and can you buy some other display??

Comment

The mp5 and sp5 are standard dropout width as noted I believe on the listings. You can use any golden motor display from any source.
      or probably more preferably use a dedicated bike speedometer for speed measurements, dedicated wattmeter for power, and a remote power switch for on/off.

Comment

Which size of BBSHD will I need to put on a Sondors 7? 100mm or 120mm? And will I need a press fit bottom bracket?

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Typically we don't straight up tell you which BBSHD you need since if for some reason it doesn't fit a customer will come back and say it's our responsibility it didn't fit. And sometimes manufacturers can change which size bottom bracket shell they use or other variations in the frame, so we strongly recommend you measure it yourself before proceeding.
          https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ight-bbsxx-kit
          that said, on one of the more recent sondors fat bike models we do have some information with regards to what you need, here:
          https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-bracket-specs
          however I don't know if this information is current with whatever model you are referring to, YMMV.

I have two BBSHD units with bad nylon gears. Do offer a repair service to replace the gears in these units? Can I ship you the drive and pay repair fee?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          No, but trust me, it's not difficult to open these units up and replace the Nylon Gear, plus it's good to have an understanding of how these units work. You won't risk breaking anything unless you're lazy and impatient.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...e-and-greasing

I actually had fun doing this. You might too.

I looked for an answer already, but didn't find anything. I have a bike with an American BMX type bottom bracket (one piece cranks). I have the BBS02 to install, and I thought i could solve the problem with the Trutaviv American to Euro adapter 9https://www.amazon.com/Truvativ-00-6415-027-000-American-To-Euro-Bmx-Adapter/dp/B000VT550K) , but it turns out that the motor pedal spindle is just a bit too close to the motor casing to fit. Does anyone have a solution? A slightly offset (eccentric) adapter seems to be the best answer but I can't find anything on that InterWeb thing anywhere.
        Stalled out even before I got going!

Comment

so I'm looking at buying the luna 2 speed geared hub conversion for my 29" mountain bike. now the terrain I will be riding on is 99% gravel roads. I will be doing a lot of steady climbs for half mile or so at a time getting up the mountains. will this motor with a 48v 20ah battery be enough to get me where I'm trying to go? I'm looking primarily for torque and don't need to go over 15mph. just being able to climb steep gravel rd hills. would like to be able to go 20 miles or so. would you recommend a different kit? thanks!
          Last edited by chris240; 08-16-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Should be fine to go that distance. It would definitely hit that top speed if you have it in high gear, but if you are going up a mountain you need to have it in the low gear or you will burn out the clutch, hard to know exactly how much the top speed will be for that but I don't expect it will be too bad since it's a 29 inch. If you could go 52 with the battery that would be better

Hi! I've just bought a Giant Anthem 3, 2014 (https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/anthem-27dot5-3-2014) bike that I want to convert into an e-bike using your mid-drive kits. I'm thinking 750w or 1000w motor. I'm wondering about what the best set up is for my bike. I'm a bit lost :-) I'm guessing I need a bottom bracket adapter? Basically should I buy to make this bike awesome. Thanks

Comment

Hey Luna Lovelies ;-) ,
          hope you are able to help ! ;-) .. So I've successfully re-programmed my BBSHD a couple of times, (using the usb cable) but now when I try to modify the settings the assists levels seem to be inoperative. In short the 9 assist levels all do 100% !! I've carefully followed several setup parameters from online sources but nothing helps the situation :-/ please please I hope you have a solution ..

Jai.... ;-)

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
            HIGHVOLTAGE commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you make sure to Flash and Write the entire programming settings? And not just a single page of settings? I've made that mistake before.

Hello, you'll have the KELLY CONTROLLER IN STOCK READY WITH THE CONNECTORS AND COMFORT FOR THE CYCLONE ENGINES.
          Thank you,.
          Sorry for my english

https://lunacycle.com/kelly-controll...yclone-48-52v/
          Last edited by KOMAN; 08-17-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Before I place my order for a pair
          Is this tire http://lunacycle.com/vee-rubber-snow...fat-bike-tire/
          going to fit the rims and the Luna Lander Fat Suspension Fork for this bike ? https://lunacycle.com/luna-ludicrous...-50-amp-bbshd/
          I dont have the bike with me yet.
          Last edited by Varoum; 08-17-2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

ive been looking into the ebike market for about 2 months now and you have 2 other competitors that have the same bikes that you sell. I think yours are better, faster and great price. I was ready to put my order in and buy your bike but i only had the option to input my email for when the bike is available. im guessig you are sold out, my question is; when will the bikes be available? I want the racing version but not really digging the red color. I would also like to pick it up since i live in LA and want to save on shipping.

Comment

• Varoum
              Varoum commented
              Editing a comment
              Dont know which bike you want... I have found that I could buy one stock. But then as I click for option the email request shows up. Someone at Luna looked at my request and answered back telling me to buy. I did !!!

I think one option I selected is back order and should show up at the store soon. Then after looking at your request they feel able to fulfill your order.

Also I want other parts and combine shipping. A few email later... I have to pay with shipping cost and they will reimburse the shipping on the second order.

Just my two cent for what it is worth.

• appmaster
              appmaster commented
              Editing a comment
              im looking to purchase the luna bana racing edition.
              Coast Cycle Base Bike
              Powerful 3000 watt cyclone mid drive
              40 mph top speed
              Many Custom CNC Parts
              72v 11.5 ah Panasonic PF battery 828watt hours
              21 piece Luna Ebike Tool Kit
              Custom Luna Tick Double Freewheel CrankSet
              Luna Advanced 72v 300 watt Charger
              Range: UP to 50 miles depending on how hard you ride (828watt hour battery)

Hey Luna Cycle. I'm a big guy (250 lbs), new to e-biking. Pulling close to 400 pounds with the bike, battery, kid cart, and diaper bags..... Will I be better off with a 48V 1000W Direct Drive Hub Motor or a 48V 750W Geared Hub Motor? Thanks for your help. Tom from NY....

Comment

• tomcurriejr
              tomcurriejr commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you. I ran the 1000W direct drive hub and it worked fine but needed pedal assist on big hills. Does moving to the 750W geared hub make up for the 250W reduction in power?

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it is a safe bet that a geared hub motor will produce torque greater than a 250 W increase on a comparable direct drive. You can compare a few direct drive hubmotors to geared hub motors using this motor simulation link to get a rough idea. http://www.ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html
              as you can tell from the simulations you would need significantly more than 250 W to produce the same level of torque on a direct drive compared to any generic planetary geared hub motor.

• tomcurriejr
              tomcurriejr commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks much paxtana!

I have an off name brand hub motor and controller. I'd like to upgrade my display to one of the luna displays. I'm looking at this display and I'm wondering if controllers etc. are generic enough that it will work with my setup:

https://lunacycle.com/luna-750c-full...dhd-and-bbs02/

Comment

• ykick
              ykick commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry, 750c isn't going to work with anything except BBSXX

Hi, Just installed a BBSHD on my 2005 Ellsworth Dare. Works great except for a clunk when the motor disengages while under pedal assist. When I stop pedaling or can't keep up with the motor there is a clunk as it disengages. Can this be adjusted somehow? Thanks! (The BBSHD is connected to an external 9 speed hub and derailleur)
            Last edited by Rod Cambridge; 08-18-2017, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• ykick
              ykick commented
              Editing a comment
              Hard to say without hearing it personally? But, my HD's often exhibit a slight "sound" when releasing from power but it doesn't ever seem to be a problem. Perhaps some inspection and/or greasing would help if it's obnoxious? https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...e-and-greasing

No HURRY....... I can wait more than 30 minutes. I can wait days. I am looking for some professional advice. Chomping at the bit to order.

#1 question....What is the frame material and manufacture of the Ludicrous Full S Fat? I have googled and looked through Luna's descriptions. I assume it must be Cro-molly/ steel, as aluminum is not mentioned at all (& alloy is mentioned only pertaining to rims).

66 lbs for a medium bicycle?
            Might be Aluminum?

It appears to be a custom build similar to the Rhino Cargo, in which steel is just easier to work with. I am leaning toward steel frame.

I am very close to pulling the trigger. I need a trail bike. I have private dirt-bike/snowmobile trails up in New Hampshire. Still trying to figure if I should build off my bikes or buy a complete Ludicrous bike. The BBS02 price is tempting for my titanium 68mm threaded BB Fat Chance mountain bike, but the 10% efficiency gain of the HD kind of negates that great price. Don't want a unnecessarily wide crank width.

I have a Chinese cro-mo fat bike with a 120mm BB that I bought for $200 at Costco (Bronco) but I need to dissemble the BB to see what type I have; hopefully not pressed bearing (but it probably is).

I am 6'1" 230 lbs and I have a 32 inseam which places me more ideally at the KHS 1000 Large 19" frame.

Is full suspension worth the less than ideal frame sizing of the Full S?
            Does my considerable weight make suspension a dumb idea anyways (230lbs+BBSHD+battery= ALLOT).
            The fusion battery seems to be awesome, but independent reviews and pictures of the battery mounted in a large frame KHS 1000 would be helpful.

Indecision clouds my vision.

I probably should just buy a HD and a carbon shark, that way I might even get out on the trails before the end of summer (considering long bike build times). Do you have a aluminum mountain bike with a hardshell down-tube battery cage similar to the Rhino Cargo's in the works? Or a large 19" aluminum frame Full-suspension?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Luna appears to be an incredible company that is able to exploit a niche that is incredibly under-serviced. Keep up the good work!

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Both ludicrous and rhino are aluminum. Both of them are also sold out currently.
              Likely if you have a cheap fat bike with a 120 mm bottom bracket it is not a press-fit bottom bracket shell. But you should be able to tell pretty easily
              https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ight-bbsxx-kit
              full suspension is always nice as long as you don't mind lifting the bike. It's not generally a requirement though, although I would consider front suspension to be very important.
              Yes we have various batteries in the works but I don't have an ETA.
          Working...
          X