Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks paxtana! That was the ticket. It's more or less the same, but the password is different and how you get to the restricted parameters is different. So, without the 5-button instructions,I couldn't set wheel diameter or speed.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to hear it, thanks for the feedback. Listing has been updated with this other manual so it's a little easier for other folks :)

Originally posted by Bruinboy View Post
    I have purchased a dillinger ebike conversion kit with a front hub brushless motor, and currently a 36v 10mah battery. I need a new battery. Can I buy a 48v battery and controller? Or do I need to buy a 36 volt battery. How do I figure this out?

If I buy a non dillinger battery, do i also need a new controller? If so, which one?
    I have the same kit and Sam Sewell, the owner, said it would not support 48V. However, you can "open" the controller and splice wires for another battery. I have a 48V controller for another Dillenger motor (one of their engineers told me it could be retrofitted, but I wasn't able to reach him after I procured the new controller), but don't know how to incorporate it into the system.

Comment

Hi, my bike (Giant Reign X2) has a TruVativ Howitzer, external bottom bracket, can I fit a BBSHD Kit or is it not compatible with my bike? Thanks!

Comment

My BBSHD was installed 2 days ago and until today I was having a blast with it.

This morning about 1 mile into a ride on level streets the display went dark and the power shut down. I peddled the heavy POS home and found the battery fully charged, all the connections looked good and nothing out of order that I could tell. I got on chat with Tony who referred me to Seb of support@lunacycle.com. (Who will be getting back to me soon, maybe as soon as tomorrow!)

While waiting I removed the controller and took a look around. Nothing look out of the ordinary or smelled bad. I disconnected/reconnected the 4 wire connector then reassembled to wait further instructions from Luna. Once reassembled it worked. Pressed the power button and display lit up. I took it for a ride and made it ~1/2 mile and it died again.

Any suggestions on how to make it not do that?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Likely just a loose connector or a feedback loop. It happens

• warnmar10
        warnmar10 commented
        Editing a comment
        I susp[ect the BMS but feedback loop? Is that covered in the manual or could you elaborate please?

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I'm not saying that's the issue, that's just my guess. In all likelyhood it was probably the connector coming loose since it began working right after you unplugged it and replugged it.

Is the new Luna 500c a direct plug n play for bbs02. I currently have c961. Thx

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Should be fine :)

Just received my bbso2 kit and battery. Install it(not my 1st, 4 kits from you this year) . The throttle was either on or off, zero modulation. Plug in program cable, see throttle start and end V's at 11/11. Thought that was strange. Set it to 11 35, pretty accepted norm I see. Throttle then just quit working. Zero throttle, whether pedaling or just trying the throttle. I had saved the original config file it came loaded with. Put it back in, still nothing on the throttle. Pulled throttle off, put on another bike(bbshd) and throttle works just fine???????

Kit is brand new with no miles on it.....................can I get some help please???????????? Thanks!!!!

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Email support@lunacycle.com with your order # and we can set you up with a replacement throttle

Might wanna check the pins and the cable though to make sure it wasn't crimped or pinched during the installation progress

Also FYI the variable throttle issue cannot be resolved by programming unfortunately :(
        Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 10-25-2018, 05:44 PM.

Nothing was pinched or crimped during installation. NOT sure it is throttle.............did you see I said I took THAT throttle off and put on another bike.........throttle worked fine on other bike???? Did you catch that???

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay, well first of all, just relax. I mis-read. I'm only trying to help here. Does PAS work when the throttle is unplugged?

lol.......did not try that..............but spect it would. YES, pas works w/o throttle connected

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        You might have a problem with your main harness connector. I'd try replacing that first.

Also, maybe you didn't save your programming settings correctly? That might be a possibility too.
        Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 10-25-2018, 05:44 PM.

You here live now?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        ...Sorry, not sure what this means.

The programming is fine. I understand how to read, write, and save .el files. Like I said, when 1st connected, with stock settings, the throttle worked, but was off on. I only changed the throttle in and out V's in an attempt to gain better range on the throttle. Was set to 11/11......which is just crazy. Set to 11/35.............no throttle. Put back to 11/11, no throttle. Put throttle on other bike, throttle works. Must be the main harness. I hope that is covered on a new unit? Checked all the pins, none bent or broken, female side appears fine, although as you know you really cannot see anything on that side. Assume the covers must come off, and new harness installed??? Simple or hard to do???

Comment

I meant could we just have a conversation......if your in front of a computer and available...........:)

Comment

Gotta be it. Damn! So, simple or a problem? Soldered connections inside or just plug n play????

Comment

just want to double check before i buy, will the 52v standard dolphin/shark charger work for my wolf 52v? barrel looks different on the inside. I'm using the 48v standard charger and just realized I'm not charging my battery to full strength. i would go with a luna charger but i noticed you guys are out of stock of the xt60 female to barrel connector. will the 52v standard work? thx

Comment

Hi. Do anyone know when the cyclone 3000w kit will get back in stock? And the 72v panasonic 11.6AH lipo battery?

Comment

I'm new here, and completely new to the Ebike world, and I was wondering if these two products are compatible
        battery https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...W7D564HW&psc=1
        motor kit https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...P8N11HNY&psc=1

I have a few other questions about the products as well
        the motor needs at least 11.6 Ah to work and the battery is 15Ah, is the battery too much for the motor? (the motor needs 48V which the battery is)
        what kind of speeds and range will I get with this combo? I weigh 140lbs and with my bags and such another 10 could be added
        if I mount it to the rear wheel will different gears give different amounts of torque like normal gears would or is the motor the final drive?
        the battery doesn't show a connector type but it has a red and black wire, would I solder those together?

Thank you for your help.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          This thread is mainly for Luna Products only but if I had to guess, I'd say it doesn't look like a direct fit. I'm sure with some DIY work you can probably get it to work.

Also, you have that info a bit wrong there. The battery is fine for the bike. "ah" is just a rating for the capacity of the batteries. The bike looks restricted to 750w and the battery is rated for at least 1000 watts. So it should be fine.

You can also see the top speeds listed on the bike page in the description. Although I'm willing to bet these are exaggerated numbers.
          Mode 1 Power: 750W / 48V ; Max speed: 24mph / 38 km/h
          Mode 2 Power: 1000W / 48V ; Max speed: 28mph / 45 km/h

Beyond that. I can't really answer the rest of your questions. They would likely be more suited to the vendor of the kit. I'd just buy a BBS02 kit combo from Luna if I were you as you'd likely be getting more 1 on 1 support vs dealing with some random re-seller on Amazon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: A quick Google search shows Voilamart to be a website that sells...well almost anything. Not sure if I'd trust them to provide any amount of decent E-bike support.
          Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 10-26-2018, 12:59 AM.
      Working...
      X