Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more question regarding the hydraulic brake sensors. How essential is this to have this if I only use pedal assist, without the throttle? The reason is that they are kinda finicky to mount and keep in position, and with PAS would the power cuts off when you stop pedaling anyway? Every now and then my sensors would slide out of place - and then they need to be fixed before the bike would go again.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      They're completely optional and mainly used for safety reasons. I don't personally use them and most of the shop doesn't either so it's up to you if you feel like you need an emergency cut off in-case your throttle gets pinned for whatever reason (rarely happens)

104 PCD. Website said you sell a narrow wide and Luna adaptor.

also, I’m looking to buy very soon. Should I wait for Black Friday?
    Last edited by Azninferno; 11-13-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      104 BCD should be fine for the adaptor. Black Friday details are not ready to be revealed yet. I wouldn't place any bets on this part being on sale for it though.

Originally posted by joeaverage View Post
    Quick questions: when will the BBSHD nylon gears be back in stock? When will the shims be back in stock? (SPACER KIT FOR BBSHD BOTTOM BRACKET FITTING (4 PIECES))

I have a two year old Dolphin case battery that I purchased from Lunacycle. Battery is working great. It has a crack along one bottom edge where I banged it around once two years ago. I worry about it as it ages. Is it possible to buy just the case for that battery? Its been great so far.

Thanks.
    Okay - I'll be watching for the parts to come back into stock. I ride to work and for now I'm sidelined to my son's other brand hub motor bike. I'll buy two gears so I have one in my toolbox next time. Thank you for the Aliexpress link. Mine is different than that. Not a big deal. Mine has the carbon fiber looking top and the battery level button that lights up four LEDs. Just looking to minimize the re-engineering a box case swap might lead to.
    Last edited by joeaverage; 11-14-2018, 11:44 AM. Reason: More detail.

Comment

That is the case I need.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, that's the Carbon Shark. Drat...Looks like the vendor doesn't have that exact case right now. :( Maybe someone else here has a link to a replacement case?

I have a Geared Hub Ebike Kit 750w for Rear with a 52v Shark since May. Have roughly 500 miles on the clock now.

The other morning on my way to work, about 45F ambient temperature, about 1 mile into my trip, the power to the wheel suddenly cut out. Display stayed on and still showed full battery (confirmed via Satiator charger when I got back home).

Pedaling back home, I turned off the display for >30 seconds, turned back on and wheel was powered again. ~1 minute later, same thing. Did the same remedial action, and same result.

Please advise proper troubleshooting procedures to follow.

Kit is from order id: 46494

Comment

Hello, I recently ordered a Bafang Ultra motor, do you have a CAD model of this item?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately not at this time. Sorry.

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      If you happen to make one for your uses let us know and we'll add it to the knowledge base

I just got my kit and Wolf battery, all looks good so far :)
    A suggestion would be to offer a spacer kit on the order options. I purchased a 100mm kit to keep options open for chain alignment. The two thin spacers won’t help much, I’m a machinist and I knew this would come up so no big issue, it would just help others to get their kit up and running a bit quicker.

I do do have a question:
    how waterproof is the 500c console?
    how hard would it be to open it up?
    I have RC quad experience and have taken to splitting open all electronics and coating the PCBs with conformal coating.....

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      The 500C hasn't been dissected under that manner quite yet. If I were to make a guess, I'd say it's about as waterproof as the DPC-18. Good for splashing but not for submersion. No clue how to open it. Sorry. You're free to be the first though. Let us know how it goes.
      Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 11-15-2018, 01:47 PM.

I need to replace the ON/OFF button on the Solid State relay switch to a key switch. Is there an electrical diagram of the switch that’ll help me make the change?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't have anything like that, sorry

• Tommycat
      Tommycat commented
      Editing a comment
      On the PCB relay board the wires are labeled. From top to bottom as I have them written down. (picture is reversed)
      LED GND is Black wire. SW+ is Red wire. SW- is White wire. LED 12V+ is Yellow wire.
      So the switch connections are in the middle, LED connections are on the outside. Take a look and see. Don't trust the wire colors as these have a tendency to change...

Last edited by Tommycat; 11-16-2018, 01:58 PM. Reason: Added picture

I got the Luna 104 BCD adapter and hi low chainring, but on my 1x8 29-er the chainline is terrible. I even tried reversing it by using some washers to space it out so it doesn't hit the crank body, but it's still notchy and awful. Suggestions? Is there a dished adapter for the BBS02 like the one for the BBSHD?

Comment

Greetings, Will a battery pack I have 48v 13ah that is connected to my other BAFANG 750w waterproof Hub Motored bike, 9 pin I believe, connect to LUNA's BBSHD Mid Drive 9 pin connector or are they wired different? Alas I won't be able to buy LUNA's WOLF Batt Pack till about 4 or 5 months from now. Sooo… Can I use my Battery I have now till then on my new build? Thanks... Donnie

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      9 pin connector? Not sure what that is. The BBSHD uses Anderson Powerpole connectors by default. In all likelyhood you may have to do some light soldering/splicing. The Solder Sleeve pack is good for this if you don't want to solder. All you need is a heat source like a stovetop or an lighter.: https://lunacycle.com/luna-solder-sleeve-variety-pack/

And yes, you can use a 48v battery with this motor.

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you referring to the harness? The battery itself only provides two power wires to any controller in almost all cases. If you can get the positive and negative from the pack and extend it to positive and negative on one of our mid drives then yes you can use it. How difficult this will be really depends on the situation, sounds like you are referring to a factory built ebike which may require a decent amount of DIY, but not impossible.

does that switch give you 3 levels of pedal assist working with the cadence sensor thanks phil

Comment

does the 3 speed switch for cyclone working with cadence sensor give you 3 levels of pedal assist

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure how it interoperates with the cadence sensor but it should limit your top speed regardless of the situation.

This is the last Lekkie. It blew up, so I wanted to try the adapters instead.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181116_131739.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	2.57 MB
ID:	78340

Comment

Anyone have a link to the ULTRA MAGNESIUM motor documentation?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          There is currently no documentation for it yet tunfortunately. It's still a very new product
          Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 11-16-2018, 06:57 PM.

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you have a specific question about it?
      Working...
      X