Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bike builder sees 4 little plugs and wants to know what they go to.

Comment

Hi Luna, I recently bought the bbshd kit with the battery. I noticed that I don't have the battery mounting plate on the bike frame. Is that separate?

Thanks

Comment

• icestix
        icestix commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the Wolf pack. I saw that it can with two metal rings. Are those what you need for a magnetic mount?

• Joe Remi
        Joe Remi commented
        Editing a comment
        The round magnets mount to the water bottle bosses with the hard rubber donuts between the frame and magnet. Then the tray you see on the bottom of the battery drops on the magnets. To remove again for charging or storage, tip the battery sideways to break the magnetic connection.

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, they are. https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-documentation

Hey guys. Was my C961 display supposed to come with its own bracket? I have mine taped to the middle of my handlebar, a friend of mine saw it and laughed, asked what happened to my holder and well I never got one. Sorry, and thank you!

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Not really sure what you mean. Can you try taking a picture of what the underside looks like

Originally posted by Mooka View Post
      My bike builder sees 4 little plugs and wants to know what they go to.
      It would be best if you provided a lot more details than that. Maybe even a picture.

Comment

Just trying to replace my controller and the power plug from my new controller will only go in to the battery red on black and black on red. Not red/red, black/black.
        It's like the two plugs are the same, so they won't go in.
        I've got the battery turned off, so haven't tried turning it on or anything, but what should I do? Do I need to rewire one of the plugs?

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you talking about an anderson connector? Those are gender neutral. It's not actually one connector at all, they just slide into eachother. You can slide red/black apart and slide them back together into whatever matching configuration you need.

Do NOT plug red into black unless you have confirmed with a multimeter that you have the polarity right first. In fact that's probably a pretty good idea before doing anything else at this point.

Sweet! Found out they snap apart. Kinda obvious actually! Thanks

Comment

I have a question about checking polarity. I have used my multi-meter many times to check polarity on batteries and chargers.

In the case where I had a new controller and wanted to check the polarity of the controller connection (i.e. which controller wire expects +ve and which one -ve), how is that done with a multi-meter? or any other way?

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Good question.. I suspect there is not a way to do that on a potted controller like bbsxx though maybe on a standard off the shelf controller. I could be wrong though. If anyone has any input on that it sure would be interesting to hear.

• Tommycat
            Tommycat commented
            Editing a comment
            Check for continuity between the possible -ve and a known ground (0vdc). Say at the throttle or hall sensor grounds...

I am looking at purchasing your BBSHD mid drive kit and I am curious if there is a performance benefit in pairing this motor with your 60v battery versus a 52v battery without increasing the likelihood of frying any of the components? I plan to build a commuter(mountain) bike to make my 15 mile RT to work everyday. I'm 225lbs and I've got some steep hills in that commute. I'm not concerned with pedal assist or throttle only top speed, its the combination of the hills and my weight where I want to get the most out of the motor. That being said, what battery do you recommend I pair with the BBSHD? Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            60v will probably throw an overvoltage error and would definitely damage components. The caps are rated for something like 61 last I heard, and a 60v nominal pack would be a lot higher than that.

Our 30Q wolf would work well. Or if you want more rides per charge cycle maybe you could put a big softpack battery into the triangle assuming the triangle is the right shape.

Steep hills aren't really an issue with a mid drive as long as you are downshifting on hills. Motors like to spin fast and that's where they are most efficient, so if you keep in low gear on hills you stay very efficient even with a decent load.

Good afternoon,
          I had bought the Luna cycle 48v 300w fast charger. The intention being to have it charge my 2018 easy motion nitro city.
          I cut the old charger cables , connected +,+ -,- For a second i did had the red light showing then it tripped the Bms.
          Had to open the bAttery and disconnect/reconnect the Bms in order to work with my old charger(soldered the cables back on the old charger).
          The easy motion charger uses a Singatron connector. From other blog i dug up the specs thanks to an informed user.
          How do we solve this dilemma ?? Are the easy motion bikes impossible to fast charge using a Luna cycle charger ?
          The old chArger connector has 3 wires : -, +, a white wire, i red from othet info posted online that it is for temp. Regulation.
          When i had the +,- wires connected i was getting voltage : +54.6V at the end of 2 of the pins from the easy motion connector.
          But when i had the old charger plugged in the voltage shown is : + 5V ! So, that is an issue i think, and why exactly it was showing 5volts ?? I have some Tech knowledge, I’m not a newbie but it’s in deep things like this I’m not very good..
          Thank you for the time reading this.
          Sorin

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Was there a spark when you plugged it in? You sure it wasn't shorted?

Assuming you had polarity right, maybe they might be using some sort of proprietary stuff on the battery preventing use of aftermarket chargers. That's not something we can speak to as we cannot support products sold by companies other than our own

• Ebiker01
            Ebiker01 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, i def. had connected it right. The Luna has very clearly marked the + and - . Same with my old charger. It was marked on the circuit board. I just cut those wires and connected them with the ones from Luna.
            It looked like it was trying to chArge - had red LED then green , and after 2-3seconds , i heard 2 clicking noises in the Luna charger then it was showing 54.6 v and 0.00 amps on the display. And green LED
            What i don’t understand is , why on my chaRger the voltage coming out was + 5v only and from the Luna was +54.6volta ? The charger that they use is actually a cheap chinese one. I saw it on alibaba for 35$, they sell it for 145$ !!
            And then i used my older charger again and it was not taking a charge...later i opend up the Bat., and disconnect reconect Bms , was ok to charge.

Hi!

I want to order a BBS02 but I have a few questions:
          ​​​​​​
          Is it possible to have lower customs declared?
          If so, would it be possible for me to pay in 2 payments, one with the lower declaration and one with the rest of the amount?
          Could I also get two invoices, one with the lower declaration to show the customs and one with the total amount of the order for warranty purposes?

The donor bike's bottom frame extends forward from the bottom bracket before going up (look at the picture attached below).
          Will this cause any problems during installation?
          ​​​​​​
          Best regards,
          Daniel

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think falsifying customs statements is within the scope of the services we can provide, sorry.

Yes that frame would require the motor to stay fairly low. It would probably fit but would not have great clearance.

• Pizzabroodje
            Pizzabroodje commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok thanks.

If it deems that it doesn't fit, would it be possible to return the kit?

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Internationally shipping a heavy package worth hundreds back to USA is probably not practical...

You cannot recover the customs fees or shipping fees and we would probably have to deduct the customs payment we would need to make to get it back.. probably a lot easier just to put it on a different frame than send it back. That's not to say we would not accept a new unused kit for credit if you contact us. Generally speaking as long as it is not a battery we do make efforts to accommodate client requests for exchanges for store credit and that sort of thing despite the stated return policy, but in your case I would not recommend it.

Was asked to upload pictures. When I recieved my C961 display, it never came with a mounting bracket. I didnt think anything of it, been had my display taped like shown. A friend of mine who also deals with ebikes saw it and asked what happened to my bracket, was I supposed to get one? I just placed an order for a BBS02 this time, im hoping the C961 bracket can be added to that or if theres anything i can do. Thanks!

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
            HIGHVOLTAGE commented
            Editing a comment
            You'll probably want to email support@lunacycle.com
            Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 11-20-2018, 06:23 AM.

• Scoonie
            Scoonie commented
            Editing a comment
            In the course of thousands of CS emails, forum posts, and phone calls, this is a new one. Sounds more likely a first time kit builder spaces out and parts go missing. OR shipper is a space cadet. I’m betting on the customer being overexcited and losing the bracket.

I recently purchased a Bafang programming cable for an Ultra Motor. I downloaded the software and went through the steps but the program is not showing com5 (or anything in the port box). Any thoughts on this? It's a windows 10 computer. Thanks.

Comment

• Tommycat
            Tommycat commented
            Editing a comment
            From your description your programming cable must be identified as being on COM port 5 in device hardware. Some of the programming software allowed you just type in the correct com port in the box, as opposed to using the drop down box. If not, changing the USB port the cable is plugged into will also change it's com port. You can also manually change the com port used in Win 10. And lastly, several different software programs are available with different features... perhaps try another such as THIS ONE... (I have NOT tried it on an Ultra...)
            Last edited by Tommycat; 11-20-2018, 11:53 AM.

Originally posted by commuter ebikes View Post

It would be best if you provided a lot more details than that. Maybe even a picture.
          Thanks! I'm looking to identify the function of the following wires with red arrows.

Comment

I know this is not meant for order related questions, but I need help fast. I ordered two Luna Chargers today, but I goofed up big time by ordering 110V versions instead of 220v.
            I contacted you via email but didn't receive a response in time because now it's already been shipped.

Is there anything you can do to resolve this issue?

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Was it 48v or 52v? Advanced?

If it is shipped nothing we can do about it, but if you got a 52v advanced there may be some hope. The lot is mixed but many of them actually have a setting now for 220v, it's a little switch on the side.

52v advanced

Comment

Working...
          X