Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What chain rings does LUNA have, that have an offset? Right now I run a Mighty Mini 30T, on my BBSHD derailleur system fat bike, and of course no offset is possible with that ring. In doing some rough figuring on my new Rohloff build fat bike, it appears that my chain line would be 10 MM offset. Not bad, and I could live with that, but if I can get the final gearing I need AND have a perfect chain line, why not? Right now, on my other Rohloff equipped bike, I run a 42 T/16T combo (2.65 ratio) and thanks to the wide gearing spread of the hub, I have all the low AND high gears I need, and would like to approximate that ratio on this next build. I already have a 19T Rohloff cog, which is the largest they make, so in theory I could go as large as a 50 T chain ring, and with that 19 T cog, have a ratio of 2.63, so I should get similar performance with both bikes, which is my intent.

So, what does LUNA have that would hopefully offset (inboard) my chain ring 10 mm, or at least minimize that 10 mm discrepancy from a straight chain line? What choices do I have in tooth count, once we start talking using an offset ring? Thanks

Comment

Three tabs on my shark battery case have snapped off and it wobbles about and makes a lot of noise, even with a strap around it. I want to buy a new shark case but I'd like to know if it's a big job to transplant the insides from one to the other i.e is it just a few screws or will I have to cut wires, solder circuit boards etc? Thanks,

Comment

I bought the Wolfpack battery that mounts with magnets. All was well for the first 3 months or so. Now if I hit a big bump at speed the battery comes off the bike. I have put zip ties on as well but they frequently break. Is there a more secure mounting option I can use, it is way dangerous to have the battery fly off the bike.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      I use velcro straps. Just thread them through the slots.

HIGHVOLTAGE
    #2341.1
    HIGHVOLTAGE commented
    6 hours ago
    There's a whole knowledge post on this right here. Best option usually is to just use an Eclipse/Lekkie 42T and a spacers :)

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...inwheel-offset

THANKS!

Comment

Hey guys, I blew the clutch out in my BBSHD again but this time it seems to have marred up the teeth in the secondary (steel gear) pretty good. I already ordered the parts from here: https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-p...hd-steel-gear/ but it came in separate from the cover.

How do I go about pressing out the old secondary gear from the cover and pressing the new one in correctly? I searched for a guide online but couldn't find the right tutorial. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you saying the steel gear was not pressed into the cover? They always used to be. If that is the case let us know and we can look into it.
        But yes the clutch is not pressed in, that's separate.

• jr4222
        jr4222 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am saying the steel gear game not pressed into the cover. There is a very real chance I was sent a BBS02 gear instead of a BBSHD. I am aware that the clutch is free slip.

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        I see. Please email support@lunacycle.com with a pic of what you were sent and a pic of the packing list, as well as the order#. We will look into it and get it sorted out for you.

Originally posted by HIGHVOLTAGE View Post
      Unfortunately there's no way to technically troubleshoot these charges under this circumstance. Maybe check the fuse to see if it's blown? If it's blown, it will need to be replaced.
      Ok, are there any diagrams of the charger or write ups on taking it apart or replacing a fuse that you could link me to?

Comment

Originally posted by coronadolrm View Post
      I bought the Wolfpack battery that mounts with magnets. All was well for the first 3 months or so. Now if I hit a big bump at speed the battery comes off the bike. I have put zip ties on as well but they frequently break. Is there a more secure mounting option I can use, it is way dangerous to have the battery fly off the bike.
      These: https://titanstraps.com/ These things are great, unaffected by cold, UV resistant, easily used while wearing gloves, can be daisy chained together for any required length, I'm a huge fan of them. I had to buy more (not cheap, but well worth it) as I kept stealing the ones meant for bike use for other stuff.

Comment

Cyclone 3kw . No signs of life. Throttle display lights up but nothing from motor. My kelley BSX controller is giving me a 4.2 error code. i have a stock cyclone controller that also doesnt do any better and it lacks any diagnostic error capability.
        I replaced the hall sensors and still nada.
        Could the phase wires be shorted? how to test for that as they are continuous in ohms?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	70
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	81614

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Please email support@lunacycle.com attn:Sebastien, this is not something we will be able to help figure out with a quick answer.

• AlanKilian
          AlanKilian commented
          Editing a comment
          I had the same problem with my Luna 7500W Cyclone.
          The rotor heated up while I was riding and the encoder magnet cup ate into the top of the hall-sensors.
          I replace d them and all is fine.
          Take the encoder cover off and look for black bits in there.
          https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...1KOXVkM3RJcTZ3

is it possible to convert my standard 68-73 bbshd motor to fatbike 100mm?

Comment

Bike will not power on. I have a BBS02 from Luna and a battery from Luna. I ride for 30 minutes then set my bike aside for an hour. When I go to ride again, the bike will NOT turn on. I disconnect and reconnect the motor to the battery, and it does not help. I then connect my motor to a SECOND battery from my wife's bike, and it powers on fine. I then reconnect to the original battery that would not start, and this time it starts. It's the second time this has happened? Any ideas?

Comment

• danbaron
          danbaron commented
          Editing a comment
          I purchased from Luna a 52V 20A 25R Triangular Battery over a year ago. The BMS is going bad. The power cable to the motor shows 0V every now and then… a quick 2 second connection to the charger seems to reset the BMS and it works again. I don’t think it’s a bad connector. Will Luna sell me a new BMS, or where else should I buy one... Alibaba out of China?

14S 52V 45A will suffice?

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          You'll have to email support@lunacycle.com with your order #.

• danbaron
          danbaron commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a new theory. I disabled the auto shut-off. My guess is that if I leave the motor on for an extended period of time, the battery BMS engages a shut-off (closed circuit). Then, I apply a few seconds of charge to the battery and the circuit re-opens. I am going to enable the auto-shutoff for the motor and see if this issue ever comes up again.

Will the "STORM HOT ROD 20 AMP CONTROLLER 36-52V" work with my DIY scooter if I have the proper display? I'm having trouble finding a 36v-99v 350w-1000w controller with higo cables.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          What do you mean by work though? It won't be Plug N Play and I don't believe there's a wiring diagram for this controller. This controller is mainly for the Sondors Original Fat bikes.

• Jevnick
          Jevnick commented
          Editing a comment
          I just mean that all my stuff has higo cables, brushless hub motor, throttle, head/brake lights etc.. I don't have much time and was hoping I could find something as close to plug n play as possible.

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          With DIY builds it's hard to find something that is going to be Plug N Play without wiring diagrams and re-wiring. Also, there are many different types of Higo connectors. You might be out of luck with this one unless you can contact the original scooter manufacturer for a replacement.

I have a MODEL: Umini battery charger and a 48GA13.50017 Battery. After sitting over the winter here mostly charged, when I plug the charger into the batter the green ready light turns to Red for charging for a fraction of a second then turns off. It cycles through green, red, off about twice a second.

Open load output voltage on both the charger and battery are fine. I haven't been able to find anything else for trouble shooting to figure out if it's fixable or toast. Suggestions?

Comment

• Kettch
          Kettch commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, this one was bought with a BBs02 kit. wording from the SO is "48v Shark GA 13.5ah, Upgrade Your Included Charger: Standard 3amp Barrel Charger"
          Unloaded voltage off the charger is 54.6V. and Battery from the main connection is 54V.

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          I would email support@lunacycle.com with your Order #

• Kettch
          Kettch commented
          Editing a comment
          OK, I will do that.

Having an issue with the chain rubbing up against the elevated chain stay on a 2018 Nishiki Colorado Comp (Dick's Sporting Goods gem). Stock Bafang sprocket rubs less so than the 42T Luna sprocket I got. Will the Eclipse alleviate this by moving the chain closer to the frame? What is the difference between the two Eclipses listed for sale $89.95 vs $105.00? Would a 30T sprocket be a better option? Thanks for the help!

Andrew

Comment

Thanks! This is the one I ordered: https://lunacycle.com/luna-eclipse-4...for-the-bbshd/

Looks like the same listing as for the $105: https://lunacycle.com/luna-eclipse-c...for-the-bbshd/

I'll see which one shows up. Site says "awaiting fulfillment." Thanks again!

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          This might be a website error. Lemme check on this and see if I can get it fixed.

Anyone with a sur ron know if the motor which has a sprocket used for the belt, can that be switched out to a regular chain sprocket? Im doing a build with that motor but mine wont be able to use a belt.

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          There is a modification for it, from what I recall some company in Europe sells a mod kit for it.

• Electricbiker100
          Electricbiker100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Would you happen to have a link for it?

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Please note I am in no way guaranteeing compatibility for a product offered by a separate company.
          That said, this should work.
          https://surron.co.uk/products/surron...conversion-kit
      Working...
      X