Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo to All at this Forum ! So, which way do I orient my Mac 6T for a front hub setup ? As I face the bike and frt hub from the front does the wiring go on the right side ? ( a few quick images might be helpful too.) The Luna kit arrived complete & in good fashion. I have alot of info. to gather and work to do to install the new Luna Mac 6t w/ 800 ASI kit on my old 1999 Rans wave with 16" frt forks. Thanks, RA

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      If you stick it in the dropouts and hit throttle, you want it mounted in the direction that spins the wheel forward

Hey all! I am new to the subreddit and ebikes as well. I would like to build a ebike myself.
    This is going to be my first build and I have few questions ahead. Hope you guys help me with it.
    Here is what I am trying to achieve:
    • control engagement and disengagement using the front derailleurs (I read about this from crossbreak's post here)
    • Keep the motor power at or below 250W still being able to achieve 25Km/hr without pedal assist.
    • Climbs hill with a incline of 15deg
    • Be able to use on wet and muddy weathers
    What motors should I be using on my build? I researched online and get the idea that 200kv is the right choice. But have no understanding why. Am I correct? Should I stick to a 200kv motor?
    I also read that the speed depends on the diameter of the drive wheel and for a 2.5in drive wheel 2000rpm is required for speed of 25km/hr.
    Should I drive the motor shell directly or should I use a coating of sandpaper or rubber? Sandpaper provides best cof but wears out the tires pretty soon... Couldn't get much info on rubber.... is there something that can hit a number between?
    Coming to the tires, what kinda tires should I use? flat centre region?
    If I want to be able to accelerate the cycle from rest, should I stick to using smaller rollers? I read large rollers have terrible low end power.. How does the diameter of the roller affect the power delivery? speed? torque?
    Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, not sure we can be of much use with advice on this one, unless maybe some other forum members want to chime in. Most folk I have spoken with that have built friction drives did not like the end result for several reasons..

The comment is appreciated , paxtana. Yes, a few others suggested a test set up and run, which is not a bad idea. After seeing as many YouTube videos that I could find of front fork installed MAC's , it looks like the cable is on the rt side and often a disc brake on the left. During my first build I am anticipating many more questions. Thanks, RA

Comment

Anyone know what size the clamp screws are that secure the display and power/selector switch to the bars are for the Luna Ultra? Either Luna forgot them or I lost them, but I figure it's easier to get them locally. Maybe like an M3 socket head cap or something?

Comment

• ncrkd
        ncrkd commented
        Editing a comment
        DPC-18, correct? Well, it looks to have the same screws/mounts as my DPC-14 - on which the two display screw hexheads are 3mm, and the single switch screw hexhead is 2.5mm.

I need to buy a metric thread checker-dohickey one of these days ...

Here's some more info:

Display screws: hexhead wrench 3mm, screw threaded portion diameter 3.9mm, thread length 12.0 - M4 12mm coarse I suspect
        Control screw: hexhead wrench 2.5mm, screw threaded portion diameter 2.9mm, thread length 10.0 - M3 10mm coarse I suspect
        Last edited by ncrkd; 07-04-2019, 01:40 PM.

I finally received my Cyclone 3D mounting system and am very disappointed. The interface between the motor bracket and the motor itself is extremely loose, as if it the holes in the mount were meant for bolts 1mm larger in diameter than the ones that my motor has. Do I need different bolts or something? There is literally 1 inch of lateral movement in the motor when everything is tightened. Much worse than the original mount.

Comment

• handybikes
        handybikes commented
        Editing a comment
        paxtana I don't want a refund, I want a product that works! I will contact support to see what my options are.

• pure_mahem
        pure_mahem commented
        Editing a comment
        having never seen the product you are talking about...the solution that comes to mind is either bushings inserted into the holes to take out the slop or a set of lag bolts which you might find at your local Fastenal or similar supplier

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a good idea. Basically what happened is there is a couple spots on this particular run of all the 3d mounts where the hole is a bit bigger than the bolt. You can actually see it in the product pictures on the listing. I have already notified shop to fix this on future production runs but something that makes the hole a bit smaller would be good.

Hey guys!

New to ebikes and looking to get back into biking (after many years). As I'm unfit I thought converting my old mtb would bd a good idea.

I will use it mainly for roads and pavement, mostly flat but with occasional 15deg uphills. Give me some good parts or kits and batteries I could use for the conversion and guides if possible to go along.

More info: based in Athens, Greece, 185cm and 125kg.

Comment

I'm trying to find a good rack/hauler for my Sur Ron X. I have a class II 1-1/4 hitch, but I have a 2 inch adapter as well. I've been eyeing something like the Thule easy fold. I'm Trying to keep the overall weight low, any recommendations?
      Last edited by gspeed_95; 07-06-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I've got a new 500c display that I bought awhile back and just installed on a new build I'm doing. Got say, I really like this little display. Only thing is, it shuts off after a few minutes. I can turn it back on ok but then it shuts off again. Any ideas?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        That's odd.. Normally I would start by asking if it is auto shutoff function like from err 21, but you probably have already ruled that out since you already know what you're doing. If you have the order# I think we can just send you another.

Thanks man! I'll open a service ticket on it.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        I was just going to make the work order right now if you got the order#, but the email support team can handle it. Be sure to mention it was authorized by me so we can get it out to you asap

Hi I bought the 100mm bbshd mid drive but it's too short to fit my fat bike (the prod page showed it should work). The triangle bracket cannot be added to secure the motor. Can I get a replacement with 120mm?

Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure just email support@lunacycle.com with your order# and a pic of the motor condition so we can make sure it can be restocked. The size you need of the bare motor can be had on the bare motor listing, and we can log the original to be refunded once it arrives and is processed

Hi! I’m wondering when the bbs02 kits will be available again? I’ve had my eye on it forever and finally decided to pull the trigger and of course it’s out of stock- ha! Hopefully I’m doing this properly, this is my first time posting...

Comment

Hmmm...am I on the right thread to ask this question? If not could someone redirect me? Thanks!

Comment

what is the code to get into the 'more' section of the 500c display?

Comment

• Rix Ryds
          Rix Ryds commented
          Editing a comment
          Never mind, I found the answer on the Blog.

• ncrkd
          ncrkd commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it depends on the firmware - 1919 (Bafang) or 1199 (Luna)

Hello!

I have a 300w 36v charger which I bought ~2 years ago from Lunacycle. It's been working just fine up until recently.
        When I plug it into the wall it turns on, but when I plug a battery in, it will turn on the fan momentarily, then the charging light turns off and it doesn't charge.

Either it's completely faulty and broken now, or it's something else. I've tried it on 3 battery packs, and had no luck. Do you have any other suggestions?

Comment

Actually, I just plugged it in one more time and it's exhibiting behavior it showed once before.
          After plugging it in to the wall (but not a battery), the voltage meter reads 41.5 and the device gets warm, but the fan doesn't turn on.

The charging indicator is also on—so it seems to think it's charging.

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like it needs to be replaced.
        Working...
        X