Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wondering if someone can tell me what mid drive kit would work best for this bike? Its a Norco Bigfoot size Medium. Heres a link to the specs. Thanks a ton. https://www.norco.com/bikes/2019/mou...num/bigfoot-2/

Comment

I am interested in the Luna Cycles X1 Enduro with the new Bafang G521 motor (a.k.a. the M600 drive system). What is the bottom bracket spindle interface for that motor? The Bafang website calls it "Bafang Pinched", but it clearly also has splines on it. I have seen some forum entries guessing that it is an ISIS spline (10-spline). Can you confirm the exact interface? I am considering an after-market mod to a Gates CDX belt...

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a preorder bike and we do not have them yet, so unfortunately the information that we have is rather limited. If you want to ask us next month we can probably answer for you.

• markitos144
      markitos144 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, thanks, I'll ask again next month. I am surprised that Bafang doesn't already include that vital piece of information in their product info. I mean, how do you plan out your X1 Endura crankset without knowing the spindle spec?

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Presumably one of the engineers we work with has that info, but us support guys often have neither access to those engineers nor the info they utilize. Support generally tends to build our knowledge base as we get more familiar with the products once they are released.

Originally posted by Joecool View Post
    I’m looking for a controller that used to be on your website but now I can’t find it. It might actually be the stock cyclone controller? 40 amp 48-72v Stock Controller. I had bookmarked it several weeks ago and just went back to it today to buy it but the link was broken. I’m looking for a controller that is 72v at 40 A for 3000 W total for a fat tire E bike that I’ve built. Thanks for any help or direction you may be able to point me in I had bookmarked it several weeks ago and just went back to it today to buy it but the link was broken. I think the cost was 49.99 or $59.99. Thanks for any help or direction you may be able to point me in.
    A friend of mine and I have had a lot of success with 18 fet controllers with Toshiba fets. A 12 fet unit will also work but it will run warmer and be less efficient. You should be able to get them from Alan at ERT. http://electricrt.com/e-r-t-18-mosfe...ve-controller/

Comment

I have the BBSHD on my full sus MTB, I’m about to get a battery, ( I’ve been riding it so far by borrowing the 48v 13.5ah from my other ebike.) So,deciding between a 48v and 52v. I don’t ride using the throttle, and usually pedal around using PAS 2 or 3 (of 1 thru 9), occasionally using PAS 5 or 6 for a few STEEP climbs I encounter. Would there be any benefits to running a 52v, perhaps better range, or battery longevity, etc. ? I am more than impressed with the performance using the 48v.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Some battery types like Wolf are only available in 52v so that may be a good reason to go with 52v. And if you had both 48v 13.5ah and 52v 13.5ah, assuming identical power usage you would get more range from the 52v version since there is a bit more energy in that extra series string.

Hi, I'm having a hard time trying to connect my programming cable to my 2 computers( windows 7 and Win 7 Professional). It worked the first time (had to install CH340 driver) but when I've transferred my settings to my BBSHD, Error 30 appeared on my DPC-18 and now I can't put back the OEM settings because my computers don't recognize the programming cable anymore. When I click on ''CONNECT'', the programming cable flashes blue, but it doesn't seem connection had been made. PLEASE HELP, I'm desperate! Thanks
      Last edited by oross; 08-08-2019, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• ncrkd
        ncrkd commented
        Editing a comment
        On my programming cable there are three lights - using your picture (left to right), they'd be power, and what I'd guess is computer transmit and receive.

In your case does only the transmit blink (once, or maybe several times, retrying to reach the controller) when you try to read the controller's flash via the windows computer program? I.e., the computer connection to the programming adapter (USB to serial transmit and receive) is working?

On mine, if I read the settings, I get what I suspect is a short burst from the transmit light, then a prolonged "reply" burst from the receive light. Vice-versa doing a settings write.

If so, I'd try disconnecting the battery power to the controller, waiting a minute for the capacitors to discharge, then plugging it back in. If the controller doesn't respond after this, I'd reach the "controller bricked" conclusion - hopefully paxtana knows further steps.
        Last edited by ncrkd; 08-08-2019, 09:11 AM.

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        The timeframe and fail state matches up anyway. Our lead support technician happens to live in Montreal and can probably fix it if you want to drop it off with him.

• oross
        oross commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes ncrkd, only the transmit blinks several times when I try to connect. When I disconnect, it stops blinking.

Ok paxtana, I'll contact Seb on Monday. I think he'll be back from vacation. I'm lucky to have him within a half-hour drive from my house.

Thanks guys for your support.
        Last edited by oross; 08-08-2019, 08:51 PM.

Hi,
      I search to replace my original BBSHD chainring 46T with a small one (if possible 38/40T) but with at miminum 2cm offset. what is possible ?
      thanks

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Smallest you can go and have that offset is 42t. You want either lekkie 42t or eclipse 42t

Attempting to buy a Hub motor kit. The Smart Pie v5 that's on sale seems to be out of stock (just ends with ability to put in Email address rather than add to cart button and has been for days). So I attempted to buy a Golden Pie v5 kit, but when hitting the button to add to cart, it says it requires a selection of Front or Back mounting, but doesn't provide the form field to make that selection.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Fixed the listings, but we don't have many left. There are a few rear golden pie left in stock, and one front smart pie in stock.

• Jumparound
        Jumparound commented
        Editing a comment
        Any idea when the front golden pie or fat ebike kits will be back in stock? Asking for a friend who has a birthday in the next two months.

Originally posted by reidy View Post
      Attempting to buy a Hub motor kit. The Smart Pie v5 that's on sale seems to be out of stock (just ends with ability to put in Email address rather than add to cart button and has been for days). So I attempted to buy a Golden Pie v5 kit, but when hitting the button to add to cart, it says it requires a selection of Front or Back mounting, but doesn't provide the form field to make that selection.
      Aside from any ordering challenges, you may already be aware but there is a significant difference in power, weight and size of the Smart Pie and the Golden Pie. Because many felt the Golden Pie was overpowered and the Smart Pie underpowered, GM came out with the MP Edge which is in between. Not sure if Luna carries that one.

Comment

Where to buy a "Torque arm amped bike style" since Luna is out of stock?

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          That specific torque arm? Probably not available anywhere else TBH. Some rather shady ebike dealers drove Amped out of business years ago, quite sad as they were great but that's a story for another day. Anyway if you google torque arms you can probably find something suitable.

• reidy
          reidy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the help! I placed an order for a kit and I'll source a torque arm to be safe.

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Happy to help. When you get the torque arm be sure to get a pair so you can put one on both sides, this is the safest way to do this (if you went with golden pie rather than smart pie then I would highly recommend this as that's a lot of power)

Hey!

I'm living in Santa Monica and own a Biktrix E-Bike with a Bafang BBS02 motor. Recently got an issue with it after 850 miles and was looking for a service to address it.
        Local Santa Monica Ebike Shop advised me to ask you. Could you fix this bike?

Following video illustrates the issues:

https://youtu.be/iuoZAFhKAlE

Bike is upside down, PAS1 mode. Rear brake sensor disconected, so it doesn't stop motor, just brakes the wheel. Everything else as usual.

After applying throttle acceleration "sticks" and motor continues to work, maintaining constant speed limited as PAS1.
        Then front brake stops the motor, then rear brake stops the wheel.
        Same goes on when pedaling - motor continues to work though it should stop.
        This is issue 1 about acceleration sticks and motor stops only after applying brakes.

Second time, after applying throttle acceleration "sticks" and motor continues to work.
        Then after creating heavy load by applying rear break - motor starts to produce clicking sounds.
        This is issue 2 about motor clicks on heavy load - during normal ride when accelerating or going uphill.

Both issued appeared same day, just a few hours one after another.

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          We do not service bikes bought elsewhere, sorry. I would recommend to contact the seller, presumably they support their product or at least I would hope so. At a guess I would say you need to replace your controller, maybe the throttle as well.

Originally posted by briskup View Post
        ... After applying throttle acceleration "sticks" and motor continues to work, maintaining constant speed limited as PAS1.
        What happens when you stop the pedals from rotating, with your hand?

... Same goes on when pedaling - motor continues to work though it should stop.
        While pedaling? I suspect I'm misreading what you're saying here.

... motor clicks on heavy load - during normal ride when accelerating or going uphill.
        Does it click under heavy load in the high (the smallest) rear gear?

2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
        3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
        4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH
        Electronic throttle lock

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

Hi, does anyone know how to remove the coil core from a BBSHD?

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            See those two bolts in the picture? Remove them

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
          See those two bolts in the picture? Remove them
          Your teardown video on YouTube doesn't show the actual dissasembly... I removed those screws while trying to remove the core, it won't move at all.

What is your technique?

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Remove all bolts including any holding the board in place, then pull it. Not typically needed to do this as there is practically no reason to remove the stator

Will the just released 52v Luna Wolf Pup Battery Pack work with this bolt on mid-drive I want to get from Europe; Lift-MTB?, https://www.lift-mtb.com/accueil-faq...-your-battery/ Their battery is 36V. I think the new 52v Luna Wolf Pup Battery Pack would be perfect as a BackPack battery. Thanks.

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't speak for the products of some other company, but the wolf pup is 52v nominal. If a kit says it works with 52v nominal then yes. If it doesn't say that, check with the seller of the kit.

But yeah that pup sure is something. It is quite an interesting cell in that pack too. I am sure it would fit well in a backpack, though at this size and with the massively improved durability over a might mini, you can probably just strap it to damn near any free space and call it a day.

I have a Specialized Sirrus bicycle which I purchased in 2016. I'm trying to convert it to an ebike. Ive been reading that a rear geared hub motor will be best for me. Do you have any compatible with my bike? My bike looks like this
          If you're going to get in shape you need to move, and nothing wants to help you move faster than our Sirrus. It takes a no-nonsense approach to its design, giving you everything that you need and nothing that you don't. This means that you can expect reliable components that are built to withstand years of daily abuse, a lightweight A1 Premium Aluminum frame that's corrosion-resistant, and comforting Body Geometry components that'll take the sting out of long rides. Complacency just met its match.
          Last edited by CometLunaBike; 08-09-2019, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            That is not a valid link..

We have the Mac kit, I don't know if that will be compatible with your bike but we have knowledge base entries on every kit which go over determining fitment and suitability. Typically these are linked from the listings as well. https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/knowledge-base
        Working...
        X