Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost and availability of BAfang 860c shipped to UK

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      If you can order it off the site then it is available. once you enter in your address at check out it will give you the cost including shipping

Anyone ever converted a MOUNTAIN SKYVER http://www.mountainskyver.com/htdocs....php?setnav=02

Hi,

I am an experienced e-biker and would like to convert my Mountain Skyver http://www.mountainskyver.com/htdocs/de/index.php
    to a high torque climbing machine.

As it is basically a scooter I would like to drive it by throttle only from the REAR wheel.

Rear wheel is 16"(inch) including tire. It has 160mm disc rotor for disc brake.

Dropouts are 110mm.

I would like to use my existing 48v Battery I already use on my e-bike.

Any help or info would be appreciated

Cheers

Danny

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      There are lots of links and guides in the knowledge base section for hub motors. I'd recommend checking it out.

Hey paxtana I found the drawing for the G510.1000 motor, which looks similar to the G521.500 motor. ISIS splined spindle. It is attached. However, I would still like confirmation when you hear back from those engineers in a month. Thanks!

This brings me to my all-important follow up question. I am planning to use a gates CDX belt system attached to the G521.500 mid-drive. I am going for lightweight on the rest of the bike. As such, I need a lightweight crankset that mates to ISIS spline and has a 5-bolt, 130 BCD "spider" to bolt to the front pulley. Does anyone on this forum know of any such products? Praxxis in Santa Cruz makes alloy (or Carbon) crank arms for ISIS (see link), but the right side does not include the 5 bolt 130 BCD spider...
    Attached Files

Comment

...and a separate question:
      How much does the Wolf V2 magnet mount (see link) weigh as installed onto a bike bottle mounts? This would include weight of mount and required bolts (if that is how you secure the magnet mount to the frame).

I am asking because I am going to buy two Luna Wolf Pup battery packs (awesome product btw, I was waiting for someone to release such, perfect for my lightweight commuter bike needs), and I want to mass out my full bike.
      Providers of quality ebikes, electric bike batteries, motors and components at affordable pricing.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe the weight for the magnet mount is about 2 pounds. Bolts will be included already with the mount.
        Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 08-15-2019, 12:34 PM.

• markitos144
        markitos144 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. That is a heavy addition to an under 4 lb Luna Wolf Pup...

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        It is probably closer to one pound or 1.5

Originally posted by markitos144 View Post
      Hey paxtana I found the drawing for the G510.1000 motor, which looks similar to the G521.500 motor. ISIS splined spindle. It is attached. However, I would still like confirmation when you hear back from those engineers in a month. Thanks!

This brings me to my all-important follow up question. I am planning to use a gates CDX belt system attached to the G521.500 mid-drive. I am going for lightweight on the rest of the bike. As such, I need a lightweight crankset that mates to ISIS spline and has a 5-bolt, 130 BCD "spider" to bolt to the front pulley. Does anyone on this forum know of any such products? Praxxis in Santa Cruz makes alloy (or Carbon) crank arms for ISIS (see link), but the right side does not include the 5 bolt 130 BCD spider...
      In case you hadn't come across it, here's the Watt Wagons commercial build using the Ultra motor - might be useful to get component ideas (they're going with Miranda Cranks).

2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
      3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
      4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH
      Other, Electronic throttle lock

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

I wrote a review for Luna and was given a $25 coupon for it. I tried to buy the OTTOLOCK strap lock and was informed that the coupon was invalid. This is the second review I have written and the second $25 coupon I’ve been given, and both had the same code. The lock is on sale for $5 off. What’s going on?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        The coupon code is only usable once per customer to prevent abuse. Typically the page showing the code says this on it, though it may depend as we just switched the review system to a new company.

• Hakai43
        Hakai43 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Paxtana. You really need to change your procedure following reviews. I gratefully received and used the $25 coupon from my first review several months ago. A week or so ago I used it to buy my 500c display and received the same request for a review with the offer of $10. I wrote a new review about an entirely different use for the bike. Got the same reply - “we liked it so much we’re giving you a $25 coupon”. I noticed it had the same code as the first one. Hmm... Well, it didn’t work.
        You should either stop offering coupons for reviews, or at least put in a disclaimer that the new coupon is actually invalid if you’ve ever received one before. Better yet, offer a new one with a different code. It’s not a big deal, but pretty irksome.

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes last week we have updated the latest notification with a note that it is one time use only. I can hook you up with a special one though, just for you since you did not get that note. I'll go ahead and send it to you via private message.

Hello when will you have the 72v Panasonic GA 14ah in stock again, kind regards

Comment

How long is X bike going to be on sale?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        The limited edition black one? It'll be on sale till it sells out. At this rate that will be within a few weeks.

Hi Team, thanks for your help.

I have an "ALL OR NOTHING" throttle problem.

I replaced the motor on my KHS 500 with the BBSHD motor+controller only from Luna Cycle. No problem with the install. However, after the upgrade my throttle acts very differently. When PAS is off, the throttle has about 3 levels - off, half power and full power. Once I am at speed, there is only off and full power, no matter how I try to coax the throttle.

I replaced the throttle to be sure, but same exact effect.

When I turn on PAS I get more throttle resolution - maybe 5 levels of power instead of all or nothing.

How can I get my smooth responsive throttle back? Note I went from the older motor/controller (w/o anderson connectors) to the newer motor/controller with anderson connectors.

Do I need to flash the controller firmware or something?

Thanks so much for your thoughts!

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        It's the new controller and unfortunately it cannot be fixed or flashed by normal customers.

• qmclaugh
        qmclaugh commented
        Editing a comment
        So I am just stuck with the bike behaving this way? It goes through the battery way faster. There must be some solution? I’ll send it back to you for flashing if I have to. What can be done?

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Email support and I'll check with the shop to see what can be done or if flashing would even fix it.

Hi, got a 30H error on my Mini Folder today. Same daily 10 mile commute, using pas L2 most of the way, sometimes L3, sometimes throttle. First thing I noticed was throttle was not working anymore then the battery misreporting, then pas L2 felt like it was pas L5, then I noticed the error code. I read some of the threads on the forum- replugged/reseated in all the connectors. Disconnected each of the inputs individually, rebooted one at a time. Then swapped my 500C back to my old 750C display. Same results unfortunately. Can you recommend a course of action? Thanks.

Comment

I have a Luna 36V charger with the pole 3 position switch. I can't find any online instruction that clearly says what easy of the three settings actually are. I know they are for 80%, 90%. and 100% charging, but which is which? Common sense says looking straight on, 80 would be left, 100, right. I can't locate the manual that came with it, so I don't see the accurate answer.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't know off the top of my head but here is a chart so you can check pack voltage at the end of the charge and see what corresponds to what. .

I have a Luna advanced 300 52v charger. I also bought your fixed which is a 36v bike. Can I adjust the p1 to lower the voltage and in a sense convert it to a 36v charger? If yes, then I should set it to 42v? Thanks

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        No absolutely not..

I have several bafang 1000 watt motors, one of them the throttle is very jumpy, not smooth power acceleration like the others and it sometimes just shuts off during a ride. I’ve tried switching out throttles but same problem. Do I need a new controller? Thanks

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be where I would start

I got the gear sensor for my Cyclone 3000w kit. It states, "This is not plug and play, you need to hardwire it to the wiring on the cyclone controller (typically this is a JST connector)" Which wires do you use to add a JST connector to install the gear sensor to the 36-72v 60a bluetooth programmable controller?

Comment

• Foss
        Foss commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere. I've searched for hours and I can't find any help. The gear sensor has three wires and the brake only has two.

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment

• Foss
        Foss commented
        Editing a comment
        That is for the stock controller. Still doesn't have the information needed for wiring the gear sensor. Can someone just tell me what three wires I use to install the gear sensor please.???...
        Last edited by Foss; 08-27-2019, 05:45 PM.

Hey Luna, thanks for everything you guys do to provide support to such a big DIY community
      dealing with a burnt out charging port on my 52V Shark pack. the older one with the barrel port
      browsed some troubleshooting posts
      https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-documentation

and it looks like i have two options but would like to know what you guys think is path of least resistance (pun potential?!)

1. get a replacement shark pack case and just move the cells over, would think this would be easier and help maintain waterproofness
      a. this depends on case availability obviously, do you guys have that in stock (couldnt find on website)
      b. if not know any other companies that sell?

2. replace the barrel port
      a. worried about decresing resistance to water (20 mile commute to work, rainy days included)
      b. concerned about shocking my self when messing with the charge port wiring, any tips when cutting and resoldering which wires?
      c. assuming replacing with a XT 90 is easiest, bye bye charging adapters

thanks guys
      Last edited by ChumpWG; 08-19-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably number 2. You could also just remove the cells, shrinkwrap them and use it as a soft pack. Probably time to upgrade to a new pack anyways since the Sharks are not very great packs anymore since the Wolf was released.

• ChumpWG
        ChumpWG commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks HIGHVOLTAGE, yeah i was looking at the wolf pack V2, looks real nice and i like the magnetic base, think ill replace the charge port and save the upgrade to wolf when these cells are done. good idea on the soft pack, have a good frame bag already that i could use
    Working...
    X