Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ncrkd View Post

Do you mean the two screws that go through this mounting plate, and into the motor?:
    Click image for larger version Name:	BBSXX_PARTS-1__21169.1488918564.jpg?c=2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	25.7 KB ID:	92422

If so, do the holes in the motor appear to line up with the above plate? If so, try threading the two screws into the motor directly - if they won't, perhaps the motor screw threads are missing.
    Im talking about the 5 that hold on the chain ring.

Comment

Originally posted by loveparabellum View Post

Im talking about the 5 that hold on the chain ring.
      The chain ring bolt hole spacing is (or should be) symmetrical. Are you using the stock, steel "pie pan" Bafang chain ring, or one of the aluminum aftermarket ones? Do all 5 of the bolts thread in, without the chainring in place?
      2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
      3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
      4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH
      Other, Electronic throttle lock

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

Originally posted by ncrkd View Post
        The chain ring bolt hole spacing is (or should be) symmetrical. Are you using the stock, steel "pie pan" Bafang chain ring, or one of the aluminum aftermarket ones? Do all 5 of the bolts thread in, without the chainring in place?
        I have tried stock and a Luna neither work. Yes all 5 thread in without the chainring.

Comment

Originally posted by loveparabellum View Post

I have tried stock and a Luna neither work. Yes all 5 thread in without the chainring.
          Ok looks like I got them all to go in I ended up getting 4 in and then rode it and the 5th somehow lined up once rattled around.

Comment

I was also wondering if there is a manual to the 860c display I was unable to find one. Wanting to switch to MPH.

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              None I have been able to find yet. Having shop send one over so I can shoot a video on the functions and may be able to get the video up later next week.

• loveparabellum
              loveparabellum commented
              Editing a comment
              Perfect look forward to the video.

Hi! I'm a robotics graduate student trying to build an autonomous tennis robot. My research advisor is purchasing a tennis wheelchair, and I'd like to motorize it with two hub motors. However, I'll need to be able to control the motor directly via a computer program (by specifying a PWM signal or some other value). Are there any hub motors that Luna Cycle sells that might be well-suited for my application? I would ideally like the control the motor via an Arduino or Raspberry Pi.

If you're not too sure what motor would work best, could I possibly see the technical documentation for your hub motor wiring to try and assess how I could control it externally? Thanks so much!
            Last edited by zlobo; 08-27-2019, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              A suitable candidate might be the Mac motor in 12T configuration https://lunacycle.com/bare-mac-high-...nce-hub-motor/

• zlobo
              zlobo commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! Are there details on the wiring anywhere? Just wondering how I'd go about attaching that to my own controller.

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              You can probably get it directly from Mac motor if needed. Likely if you google around you could find this as well, maybe on endless-sphere. It is a fairly popular hubmotor so I think should be easy enough to find via google. Attaching controller will be pretty much connecting the phase wires and then matching the halls wiring, running through the 36 different potential combinations until it is running smoothly.

Anyone know the hub setting - and other settings minus the rim - for this electric hub?

Need to replace the generic wheel that came with the kit.

Calculator here: https://www.ebikes.ca/tools/spoke-ca...false&rim=26DM

s Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	208.7 KB ID:	92476

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	138.7 KB ID:	92477
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190805_204404.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.18 MB ID:	92478Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190806_180946.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.19 MB ID:	92479Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190806_181010.jpg Views:	2 Size:	3.27 MB ID:	92480

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              You didn't even mention what hub it is..

Lacing wheels is really hard, if possible I would recommend to take it to your local bike shop and have them do it.

• chris78701
              chris78701 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know what hub it is.
              Ordered from Luna March 2018.
              GRD-MTR-RR HUB MOTOR: GEARED REAR

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay that's one of the generic geared hubs, there is no predefined setting on that spoke calculator for it. You would need to take the measurements manually.

I bought a Luna Wolf V2 52v Battery Pack and want to find out the recommended technique for removing the pack from the super strong magnet mount. I wanted to see what the fitment in my frame would be like (downtube water bottle holder mounts) and I only partially finger tightened the bolts for mounting plate to my downtube, then i placed the battery pack over it and it snapped on (of course!). Now I'm not sure what the best way to break the magnet connection is since the mounting plate isn't firmly secured to the bike downtube.

Comment

My ebike was stolen and when I got it back it only had a BBS02 motor and battery. What parts do I need?

As I see it, the parts I need are wiring harness https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-p...iring-harness , a speed sensor https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-p...speedo-magnet/ , and a display unit https://lunacycle.com/luna-full-colo...able-selector/ . Is there anything else?

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              maybe a throttle, and maybe some connectors depending on how you had the battery wired up. Hard to say for sure without seeing the bike but that should get you most of the way there.

Hello,

Why don't you provide a 72v battery pack. Are these unrealistic for the average build?

I can't seem to get the search to work here.

Thank you for your time.

Joe

Comment

Just ran across the Sur-ron bikes and Luna Cycle on Youtube and they look pretty awesome. Wondering if there is a difference between a Sur-Ron Light Bee X and Sur-Ron X sold by Luna or if they are the same thing. Ive seen reviews on both online and am curious if there are any differences. If I purchase one, pretty certain I want the upgraded controller designated by X?

Also, I weigh 160, but am 6'1". Is there only one frame size, if so, will the bike work for someone taller and is there any adjustment to make it more comfortable for taller riders?

Thanks, David

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              All Surron X are the same for the most part, with the exception of the limited edition black version that has better forks and some other odds and ends. But light bee x and surron x are names that can be used interchangeably.

The X has the upgraded controller, should be good to go there.

Yes there is only one frame size. Yes there are several mods you can do to increase size including upgrading to riser bars, moving the seat back and some folks on the surron facebook group have even made brackets to raise the seat up. Here are some mods on the knowledge base
              https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ts-tips-tricks

Can I remove the pedal to slide the closed end Luna wrench (think it is 5mm) over the left crank (3mm x 1.5mm), to tighten the M33 nut holding the bafang 750 motor?
            it looks like the closed end Luna wrench may bind before it can make the turn from the crank to the M33 tighten nut. I am trying to avoid taking the entire left crank off to tighten the motor that is moving back and forth 1/2 inch straining the chain. Thank you.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
              HIGHVOLTAGE commented
              Editing a comment
              You have to take the crank off. If you have a crank puller, this should be like an easy 5min job.

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Alternately you might try the method using a flat blade screwdriver and a hammer, tapping gently in the direction you want the lockring to go. This only works for the grey ring though, other one would need something like channel locks wrapped in a rag

I just installed my first BBSHD Luna kit. How much resistance is expected to pedal forward with the battery off? It seems significantly harder to pedal compared to the old setup. Is that expected?
            The back tire is off the ground when testing and it seems like there is friction somewhere preventing it from smoothly pedaling.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
              HIGHVOLTAGE commented
              Editing a comment
              What are we talking about when you say significantly? There is supposed to be resistance since it's an electric motor and you're forcing magnets to move past each other when you pedal. It will definitely be noticeable. You can lower the gear to make it easier to pedal though. Assuming it's not a single speed.
              Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 08-29-2019, 12:47 PM.

• calfee20
              calfee20 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have one and it is a lot harder. If anyone asks how they are to pedal Without power. I tell them it is like pedaling a cement truck.

After 350 charge cycles my 14s4p Luna Shark pack battery now has to be babied a bit during my commute. :(

I was about to pull the trigger on a 14s5p or 6p pack from another vendor, but noticed the "dire wolf" teaser on the FB group two days ago.

What are the odds this comes out soon? I'd prefer to order from Luna if I don't have to wait too long. I'm also willing to prototype if needed :)

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Should be relatively soon, though I can't say for certain when it will be available. Probably within 1-2 weeks.

We had a meeting about it a week or two ago, and man that thing is a nicely designed battery. I think you'll really enjoy it.

Paxtana, thank you for the response...

Comment

Working...
            X