Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nowholeself, I have a AsiBac800 also with a cyclone 3000, I have no throttle response until I’m at about 25mph ! What to do to fix

Comment

Good morning, I hope everyone is having a good Labor Day weekend.
      I'll preface this by saying that I understand that you can't answer questions about other company's products, but I'm looking for general answers about a BBSHD, which I did purchase from you.
      I had over a year of trouble free enjoyment of my BBSHD. During that period I repeatedly requested (probably begged would be too strong a word) to buy a Ludicrous controller, but to no avail.
      This spring I purchased a BAC800 controller conversion for my BBSHD. It was great at 52V, and even better when I upgraded to 72V.
      After about a month of 72V fun it started throwing a 30H error, and would not run with either throttle or pedals.
      Since then I've replaced the controller,750C display, 4 to 1 main harness and throttle, but I'm still getting the 30H error.
      My BBSHD questions are:
      1) Should I consider the speed sensor, since that's one of the few things that hasn't been replaced, or could I rely on that to throw a 15H code if it had a problem ?
      2) Would I get a 30H error code for a bad connection between the controller and the PCB in the BBSHD body ? Or even a problem with the printed circuit board itself ?
      Thanks, in advance, for answering those questions, and any suggestions you can give me.
      PS: Maybe it's not too late to offer me the chance to buy a ludicrous controller.

Comment

• MIKEinNC
        MIKEinNC commented
        Editing a comment
        Paxtana, I wasn't thinking of the Ludi as a solution to my present problem.
        Just that I'd still like to have one for future use.
        There's always more bikes...so, if you're offering..
        Also, can you share any thoughts on the two specific questions I asked ?
        With almost everything else replaced, I'm wondering about the PCB in the BBSHD and its connectors.
        Thanks
        Last edited by MIKEinNC; 09-02-2019, 02:54 PM.

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        A speedo sensor issue could throw a comm error, sure.
        I do not know what would throw 30h on a completely different controller though. If you are referring to the board on the core that would typically throw error 8 if it had an issue, but who knows what errors it would throw on some custom controller. You may want to contact who you bought the controller from.

For ludi feel free to hit me up via private message

• MIKEinNC
        MIKEinNC commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I was referring to the PC board in the core.
        ERT has been very helpful troubleshooting so far, but it's gotten to the point where he's suggesting I send everything (not including my original BBSHD) back to him for diagnosis, which I'm concerned might not find the problem if it's in that PCB, or it's connections. Anyway, thanks for your help.
        I will contact you regarding the ludi, thanks.

I'm still new to fussing with controller programming, and I just got the BAC800 two days ago. So I'm unfortunately in no position to troubleshoot. I'll explain the problem I had, and how I fixed it. Anyone who likes to tinker can take it from there. Here's my story.

I had no problem installing the BAC800 on my BBSHD. Alan over at ERT made everything super easy with his plug-and-play version. Luna's Cyclone kit seems just as easy. But when I pulled the throttle for just one second after installing the BAC800, my BBSHD would accelerate for three to four seconds up to a certain rpm before finally letting off. Here's a link to a video. Hopefully you can see it. I did the standard troubleshooting checklist for this sort of thing. The wiring was fine. The throttle was functioning properly. That led me to think that some parameter was off in the BAC800 programming. ASI, ERT, and Luna are all extremely reluctant to help access the BAC800 programming. I can understand why. They've worked hard to program these controllers quite precisely, and the programming is much too complicated for most end-users. But I wasn't looking to overhaul the programming on this thing. I just wanted to check the throttle voltage settings, and maybe make a slight change. According to the BAC800 manual that I found online, pin 19 of the wiring harness is RX, pin 20 is TX, and pin 24 is ground. I wired those pins to the corresponding connections of the Luna USB programming cable I already had for my BBSHD. I burrowed through a bunch of dead-end internet links until I finally found a version of ASI's BacDoor software. I connected the USB, fired up the software, and had no problems reading/writing to the BAC800. The number of parameters to fuss with on this thing is dizzying. Again, I completely understand why companies are reluctant to just hand over the keys to any end user. If one of y'all decides to go this route, I highly recommend not changing anything until you are absolutely sure doing so is harmless. I ignored all the complicated settings, many of which I don't yet understand, and went straight to the throttle settings. On my BAC800, the "throttle off voltage" was set to 1. I recalled from reading other posts on programming the stock BBSHD controller that the Bafang thumb throttles (which I actually like!) need to be set to a 1.1 throttle off voltage. So I set the throttle off voltage to 1.15. And that's it. It fixed my problem instantly. I left all the other settings completely alone, and took it for a test ride. It runs great. ERT did excellent work dialing this thing in for the BBSHD. I bet Luna has done similarly excellent work dialing it in for the Cyclone. I'll give everyone an update if anything changes, but I'm pretty sure that's the solution to my problem. I hope this helps.

Comment

Sometimes the motor will NOT turn on with my 52V fully charged battery. I try a different battery, and it starts right up. To reset the original 52V battery, I charge it for 3 seconds to reset the BMS and it works fine. I had swapped the BMS and was having the same issue. All the cells look good. Does this sound like a BMS issue? I just got unlucky with 2 bad BMS units?

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems more likely the controller or something else besides the bms at this point but you could always try a different battery to narrow it down

• danbaron
          danbaron commented
          Editing a comment
          Happened again today. Took a long rest, motor is cool. Motor will not power on. The battery will NOT work with my friend's bike either. I use his battery, and the motor powers on fine. So, it must be the battery BMS. Brought it home, charged for 30 seconds, and the battery works with my motor again. 55V.

Could I bypass the BMS for powering my bike, and only use the BMS for charging the battery? That seems like the only option at this point. Perhaps there is a minor Voltage differential in the batteries that triggers the BMS to shut down.

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Would need to know what battery and what order it came from but generally disabling the bms is not advisable. Probably a good idea to email Seb at support@lunacycle.com so he can take a look at the issue

Hi,
        I have received my new controller for my BBSHD because the one received in March wasn't able to accept new settings after programming. I've swapped it and now it seems to accept my new settings but my DPC-18 doesn't seem to show the mods. The reason I wanted to program it was to change from 5 PAS settings to 9 PAS settings. After modifications with the software, only 5 PAS are available on my DPC-18. Could it be that my display doesn't accept 9 PAS settings?
        Thanks

Attached Files
        Last edited by oross; 09-02-2019, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• oross
          oross commented
          Editing a comment
          When I try to change my display's settings, I don't have a PAS line like the one on the picture attached. Is there another way to access to the ''advance'' menu?

• ncrkd
          ncrkd commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry, so many damned displays ...

What is your "MAX PAS" set to on that display page?

• oross
          oross commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't have that ''MAX PAS'' line on that display page, that's the problem IMO. I know some have had the same issue but they had an old display. Mine is recent (March).

This male/female XT60 connector was included in my BBSHD kit. What is it to be used for?

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          That goes on the end of your mini charger and prevents cycling at low SOC

• Kchawav
          Kchawav commented
          Editing a comment
          Aha!! I suspected it had to do with the charger. Thanks paxtana!

Soldering Tips!
        Female XT60 connector to battery used for charging got sheared off. Any tips for soldering a new one on? Already fried my thumb once...

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Tape off the lead you are not currently working on for starters. You might just use solder sleeves or butt splices if you are having much issues. See the connection/wiring section on this page and watch the videos https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-documentation

• pure_mahem
          pure_mahem commented
          Editing a comment
          I had never soldered before and went looking to learn how to do these. previously i had only put some solder on wires to install a care radio. This video helped me https://youtu.be/_GLeCt_u3U8 I did watch all the other paceworldwide basics of soldering videos in that series as well. Other tips I got were to use a spare plug so you are soldering a set of plugs, so the heat doesnt deform the connection on the plug half you are soldering. I also was given a tip to make sure i have something to hold the plug, to lightly clamp it. This way your not holding it while your trying to put all that heat into it. If what your using isn't going to hold it securely in the postion you need use something that does. I never soldered before and learned this by researching. I cant say my solder connections are great but they arent horrible. But I was also soldering XT90s. Have gotten better the more I do of them. Only 4 to date though so take the advice as you will.

• Kchawav
          Kchawav commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks paxtana and pure-mahem !!!

Hi, I am considering buying a frame from bikes direct that uses a 12 speed casette and then buying a cyclone drive from Luna. I had read online that Luna recommends against using 1x11 speed drivetrains with the BBSHD and Cyclone drives. Is this purely a function of the chain being narrower and thus easier to snap under the load? Or are there other considerations as well?

What would be the recommendation for a drivetrain with the cyclone drive running at 3kw? Would something like the Nexus 8 with a burly chain be the best bet? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Might be okay to use the cyclone ring with that size chain, but it would not be okay with aftermarket bbshd chainrings like the eclipse. The narrow wide chainrings are built for 10spd and lower, so you get some stiction using thinner chains like 12spd. Cyclone and stock bbshd chainrings don't use narrow wide so it may be less of an issue.

But yes a wider chain is always going to be better, especially when you are getting into the high power outputs that cyclone can do.

• phuse
          phuse commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the prompt reply! Very clear

Re: Removing Brake sensors on new Sur Ron:

Can I just disconnect the two terminals and leave the cables attached to the brake levers? Is it necessary to take the wires completely off? Does it matter if the wire is removed from the brake lever since it would already be disconnected to the power source?
        Last edited by ElectricMud; 09-03-2019, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          I think one person found that if you remove the cable and leave it hanging there, it could bounce around and touch something metal and cause intermittent cutouts. So if you're going to do that, tape off the ends.

Bafang BBSHD Mid Drive Ebike Kit
        (Choose Your Programming Level: 750w Street Legal, Bottom Bracket Size: 68-73mm (Standard), Chain Ring: Stock 46T Steel Chain Ring, Bafang Handles with Ebrake Cut Off: Bafang Handles with Built-in Ebrake cut off, Add Hydraulic Brake Sensors: Bafang Hydraulic and Disc Brake Sensors E-Brake $15.00, Display Options: Luna DPC-18 Full Color Display $55.00, Add a Gear Sensor: GearSensor for Derailers and Internal Geared Hubs $45.00, Throttle Choices: Black Luna Right Twist Throttle $12.00, Optional Programming Cable: Bafang Programming Cable $19.95, Make it a kit by adding a top grade battery: Jumbo Shark 48v PF 14.5ah $474.95, Add a 5.5mm Smart Charger for your Battery (Not Included): 48v 3amp Lithium Charger $30.00 (110-220v input))

have charged my Jumbo Shark Battery maybe 20 times

it won't take a charge now, battery lights don't go on, only registers 1.1 volt with multimeter

i can reset the battery when i take the charger leads and connect to the leads on the bottom of the battery, charge fan comes to life and battery lights light up

but then disconnected from the charger battery seems dead again

i really don't know how to proceed, taking apart the battery seems extreme, have no idea how this happened, hesitant about ordering another 475$ battery

thanks david baltimore

Comment

Will the wolf pup battery pack work ok with the cyclone 3000 watt kit? If so should I order the kit with the stock controller or the sine wave controller? The kit will be installed on a downhill bike mainly for climbing to the top of hills

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          That's not really ideal for cyclone. It won't go into overcurrent shutdown or something like that since the bms is built for that much power, but it is still only 4ah of capacity, which you would go through quickly with a cyclone.

The cyclone kit is currently sold out and won't be restocked for a few weeks.

I'm looking to replace the older barrel-type charger port on my 52v shark pack with the newer 3pin mini XLR charger port. any recommendations where I can find a suitable replacement?

Comment

• brack59
          brack59 commented
          Editing a comment
          I want to be able to use the connectors I already have with my newer shark pack that has the 3 pin socket. The male connecting plug says it's a RE ENTION, it appears they sell the empty cases the battery packs are loaded into. Is there anywhere to source their parts?

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think so. REENTION is just the name of the case design and was designed by a Chinese manufacture and has probably even most likely had their design stolen by other manufactures over the years so I doubt you can find the true source. I would stick to using two separate chargers for each application.

You might find that trying to get everything to work on a single connector may end up costing you more in labour and time than just using a second charger.

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I would agree with all that. Only real option if you wanted cross compatibility is to change out the charge ports on BOTH battery cases to match standard mini xlr

AsiBac 800 poor throttle response what can be done

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          We'll need more details from this. Can you describe why you think the throttle gives a poor response? Was this purchased from LunaCycle and what motor are you using it with? Please provide as much detail as you can.

AsiBac 800 controller poor throttle response or take off

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190903_224129_HDR.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	516.5 KB
ID:	92875 Paxtana, could you please look at post #3005 to help me?
          Last edited by oross; 09-03-2019, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmm maybe you got one of the ones that were made for Ultra rather than BBSxx. We can exchange it if you want. Seb actually lives in montreal if you want to drop the original with him. We don't have any others in stock we can send though so you would need to get a different display to replace it with. We did just stock 860c if you're interested.

• oross
            oross commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I am! Thanks.

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            okay please email support@lunacycle.com attn:seb to set it up.
        Working...
        X