Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, sorry for my english but i'm from Belgium.

I wish buy a Sur-Ron X Bike (Limited Black Edition) but before i've some questions :

1. What's happening with the warranty here in my country ?
    Available also for 2 years ?
    Can i call Sur-Ron Belgium or France for warranty if it's neccesary ?

2. No soucy for immatriculation and insurance ?
    Can i receipt kit legal road and document for to be safe ?

3. Upgrade possible for best brakes ?
    Upgrade for best performance like ASA 8000 and best battery ?
    Upgrade with dashboard color possible ?
    Handguard available ?

I wish this :
    Sur-Ron X Bike Black Edition Limited with Rockshow BoXXer Debonair ... what's difference with RST Killa ?
    + Fisher Fab House Ligt but in Matte Black possible ?
    + Luna Gates Belt Drive
    + Front Fender but already in legal road ??? Maybe also something for back fender and protect spring ... ?
    + Luna Sur-Ron Stainless Steel Bash and Motor Guard
    + Luna Front Facing but with number 07

How many time for delivey to Belgium and how much ? It's maybe free for all this parts ;-)

Have a nice day.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry we do not ship prebuilt bikes overseas

Oh i'm so sad with this ... sold you official version without accessory ? Juste Controleur X like option ?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately this would not be possible. It's not just the battery that makes it an issue. There are all sorts of shipping issues and extra costs involved with shipping something that large overseas.

I have a BBSHD that was shipped with Ludicrous settings. I have been trying different profiles and I'm not getting expected results.
    1) I have an 860C display and it was shipped with 5 PAS. How does changing that to 9 PAS impact the assist level settings in the Programmer Win program?
    2) I changed the profile to BBSHD52vLimitless and with 9 PAS, I got unexpected results where the display was showing only ~ 29 Watts on PAS 1, 2, 3, 4 while I was in a mid-range gear pedaling. According to the profile PAS #4 should have a 22% current limit, so roughly 0.22 x 30 x 52 = 343 Watts. I definitely am not getting 300+ Watts on PAS#4, and the indicated 29 Watts feels accurate.

I'm hoping someone can explain the impact of 5 vs 9 PAS and if that's getting me the unexpected results. Thanks

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Changing from 5 to 9 will just spread the power levels out more thinly.

For the wattage issue, you mentioned you were pedaling, meaning the wattage is going to be reduced. Also, you're not pulling 30 amps all the time when you're riding so 343 watts is likely only going to show up briefly during an acceleration with no pedaling.

• eric_ric
      eric_ric commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Ok I’ll try some more tuning and see if I can get it where I want it.

Trouble Ticket Submission [#69027404] almost 20 hours now stuck at 33 %

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Best to wait for an email response from Luna. Much of the email team just started work for the day and we will get to you as soon as possible.
      Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 09-06-2019, 11:41 AM.

Should my 52 volt pack I just received read 52volts when checked with the meter? Haven’t done anything to it yet but take it out of the box.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      45v is fine too, as long as its not fully charged or fully dead.

• Mopedward
      Mopedward commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully good then.. what voltage is “dead” for a 52v pack?

• Tommycat
      Tommycat commented
      Editing a comment

Hello,

I have a BBS01B that might need a new white nylon gear. Does the white nylon gear sold on Luna for the bbs02 also fit a bbs01? Thx.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Not at far as I can recall

Good morning,

BBSHD problem. Bike is 2 or 3 year old KHS from Luna. My son was riding it and the motor shut off. The screen powers up but when you use the throttle the motor puts out a quick bump then nothing. I don't notice anything from the PAS. Battery shows 54.3 volts, large triangular pack. I've checked the resistance through the motor windings and they match at.2 ohms. I'm guessing the problem is with the controller but before I order one is there something else I can check or test?

The bike has always been difficult to roll backwards (resistance is in the motor and spikes every couple degrees of rotation) unlike my wife's BBS02 bike which rolls back freely. Is this normal for BBSHD?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Is there an error code? Does it stop moving or does the power go out on the display? What happens if you try using the walk function? Have you checked the phase wires are fully plugged in?

No error code. Just a little bump of power then nothing (maybe 1 deg of crank rotation). Display remains powered up. I'm not familiar with the walk function (would just use throttle for that?). I pulled the controller off and checked the 3 phase wire plugs.

Probably unrelated but is the backward rolling resistance normal?

Comment

• tom680+
      tom680+ commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried the walk function (- on this display) and surprisingly that works. Is that still consistent with a bad controller?

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm... maybe it's the pas board. Try unplugging the board and see if problem persists (throttle should still work with this unplugged)

• tom680+
      tom680+ commented
      Editing a comment
      I disconnected the 4 wire black connector behind the controller (assuming this is the pas board). No change in function. What do I try/test next? Thank you for the help so far.

I am having trouble getting a strait answer... so, I am forced to repost for a second time and attempt to finally get help with this issue. I got the gear sensor for my Cyclone 3000w kit. It states, "This is not plug and play, you need to hardwire it to the wiring on the cyclone controller (typically this is a JST connector)." The gear sensor has three wires and the brake only has two so I can't see how that would work. Which three wires do you use to add a JST connector to install the gear sensor to the 36-72v 60a bluetooth programmable controller? This diagram is for the stock controller. Still doesn't have the information needed for wiring the gear sensor. Can someone just tell me what three wires I use to install the gear sensor please!???... Thank you.
    Last edited by Foss; 09-07-2019, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      You are probably going to need to email support@lunacycle.com attn:Seb regarding this. Cyclone is for advanced users and we don't have the same level of info like on the other motors but he should be able to help since he made that diagram

• Tommycat
      Tommycat commented
      Editing a comment
      If the Bluetooth controller has low brake operation like the standard controller and using it's wiring colors as reference...

Black—- connect to controller low brake , black wire 0v (battery ground)
      Red——-4.3-5v, Can connect to throttle or PAS red wire (5vdc regulated power from the controller)
      White——output signal , connect to controller low brake, dark gray wire. (brake signal)

Using the information on the gear sensor for cyclone product page.

https://lunacycle.com/gear-sensor-fo...one-mid-drive/

Regards,
      T.C.

• Foss
      Foss commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, thanks for the information.

Any idea when the cyclone 3000 kit will be back in stock?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      It was restocked a short while ago.

I thought that I posted this yesterday but I can't find find the post so I'll try again. Does the bbs01 and bbs02 use the same white nylon gear? I have a bbs01 that needs a new gear but see only a gear for the bbs02 listed on Luna's website for sale. Will it fit in my bbs01b motor? Thx

Comment

scroll up post #3036. Paxtana said in other words he did not think it would

Comment

• markja51
        markja51 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, found it, thx.

I see the Direwolf has been released. Quite Impressive. Now for the questions because this is a pack I want but don't necessarily need as I've bought 2 wolf packs to meet my needs currently.

How do the cells compare to the 30q?

I'm thinking I would of bought one of the Direwolf packs had it been available vs the 2 wolf packs not regret just if it had been available that would of what i would have went for possibly even 2 Direwolves. but who knows maybe I will build another bike and .... I'm drifting, I'm sorry, I do that.

Will the Direwolf eventtually be available in a Liquid variant Like the Wolfpack or is it Henry Ford any color you want as long as its Black?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably just black, at least for now. Those clear ones are very difficult to make.

The cells should be fine vs 30q, there are a lot of parallel strings in there

• pure_mahem
        pure_mahem commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry there's a lot in this followup. and I tend to ramble on.

My current set up with the two wolf packs is I have one on my rear rack with a leash and one mounted in my triangle. I plug and run one to where I am going and then plug the other one in and run it back. Plenty of juice for my travels currently. But about 15 miles max on a pack I could probably get a little more if I could eliminate a hill or two but....

Not bad I'm thinking for a Fat bike with a 30T front 11-36 rear hauling a 385 lbs fat man. & I can haul my Aosom II cargo trailer with 90+lbs of groceries as well and it doesn't seem to effect the range one bit. Just that I need to use my lowest gear to go up the hills hauling the trailer. Otherwise I can do about 10 mph up the hills in 2 or 3rd gear. Hilly terrain in Southern Vermont low gear top speed hauling the trailer is about 8mph and my top speed on the flat trailer or not is about 19mph. That's all with the off road programming on my BBSHD....using throttle only.

If I add a Dire wolf I would basically double my range. But if I do that I would probably parallel the Wolf packs in the rack on a leash and put the Direwolf in the triangle. Using them in similar fashion. Any precautions on running the wolf packs in parallel if i do this?

May have to think about it for a bit...I do know if it had been available I would most likely have 2 Direwolves right now. I guess on the plus side of things I have a surplus of batteries and could think about building another bike to mess with. Lots to think about now.

I love my fat bike but i'm always curious if I could find a cruiser or commuter/touring bike or something that could handle my weight that might double my range or something and yet very fascinated by something like the Luna Banana or even a trike. Once you have the batteries building a new bike doesn't seem all that daunting like jumping into your first one with nothing. I think a Banana would be my first interest I know its still a fat bike but the smaller tires interest me and I think the seat might be more comfortable.

Well thanks for your time reading this I love the feed back Thank You

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        May want to check out the kb on paralleling, really that whole thread is very useful
        https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...d-li-ion-packs

In short, yes you can do it but there's things to keep in mind. maybe use diodes as some folks have done.

BTW, just a heads up here about direwolf. I know this has only been available for a week but we have already sold half the entire production run. At the current rate this first run will be sold out in another week. There will definitely be more runs but there will also be a point somewhere when we'll be sold out and not restocked for a significant amount of time. So if you are seriously considering one like right now, may want to keep that in mind.

I bought a Luna bafang Ultra magnesium motor and kit but I have not been able to get the speedometer and odometer working on display. I've checked all settings, connectors and even replace the speed sensor and it still doesn't work. Where do I go from here?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you manually swiped the magnet with your hand across the sensor to be sure it's close enough?

We're making stress test / range test videos for our youtube channel and want to be sure that we're sharing the findings correctly - please help clarify the LVC / temp sensors:

Bafang Ultra (stock 30A controller)
      Luna Wolf 52v (12.5ah Samsung 30Q)
      60T/17T (6.3 gain ratio) single speed

For the initial stress test we ran it at full power (1500w mostly ghost pedal or throttle) until the power cut out after about 10 miles (25 minutes). The power would not turn back on via the display power button until the battery cable was disconnected / reconnected to the motor.

The voltage then read 50v and the motor shows no error codes. We have the Bafang settings set for the low voltage cutoff at 42v, so could it be possible that a voltage sag triggered the controller's LVC sensor? I read in a forum post that the bms cutoff should be lower, around 38v right? - so I assume it probably shouldn't be from the lvc on the bms.

It was also 100 degrees F outside that day, and my cheap little pocket thermometer clocked the motor at 128 degrees F after it quit - so I'm assuming it could also have been a triggered temp sensor in the motor or battery pack.

I recall with the BBSHD / Shark pack if it hit the LVC it would start right back up from the display button and get right back to work.

Do you have any insights on which sensor would cause the motor/display to completely shut down like that?

If it is most likely because it's reaching the LVC, can you recommend a controller setting that would avoid the need to disconnect the battery pack from the motor cable.

Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Is the Ultra from Luna? If so it may be higher than 30A. Bafang made a batch specially for us that does more wattage, though the display is only going to go up to 1500w. May be something to keep in mind.

Anyway the main problem is you are lugging it. Single speed on a mid drive is not recommended, and that gear ratio is not ideal either. It is unnecessarily draining a lot of power and generating heat. Likely shutdown is from heat in the controller.

• eBikeaholic
        eBikeaholic commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok cool that makes sense, thanks!

Yeah we're planning to test it with the Nexus 3 IGH soon hopefully that'll help ease the load a bit. This stress test was definitely not real world scenario for our intended purpose and the GA cells would make more sense for commuting, but it's good to know that this setup can take full abuse in the peak Texas summer heat and protect itself.

The bike is a commuter prototype. Our main goal is to have a simple gearing setup that can cruise comfortably around 750w-1000w (without ghost pedaling), then have the ability to burst and quickly hit 40 mph and maintain the flow of traffic when we need to take the lane... aka when the bike lane / shoulder / sidewalk suddenly disappears and a pickup truck is barreling after us (speed disparity is a very common and dangerous scenario for cyclists here in ATX).

Thanks again for your input.
    Working...
    X