Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proportional Regen Braking: Bac800 with MAC motor. 1) Can the BAC800 be programmed for Proportional Regen/Torque Sensor/no throttle showing? 2) Do you have a MAC motor without the clutch for regen braking available, even one of your experimental units? Thanks.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Neither the controller nor the geared hubmotor are set up for that.

I intend to buy a WolfPup 52V battery. But I am confused by the two magnetic mounts offered. Can you explain the advantages/ features of one over the other? That is, Circular Dual vs Wolf. Thanks,
    tom

Comment

• pure_mahem
      pure_mahem commented
      Editing a comment
      The Circular ones are the first gen mounts.

The Batteries now come with the rail type magnet mount. The longer run of smaller magnets holds the battery more securely.

You still want to use a secondary security with the batteries as they will come off if for instance your bike falls over. They come with 2 reusable cable ties.

Hello there, I purchased a Luna mini charger last month (8-15-2019) Order number 83902. I was having issues getting it to charge on one of my bikes and you sent out an adapter. The adapter ended up working for that bike, I have since charged both bikes a couple of times without issue. Today I switched to the 100% charge and the same problem replicated. The battery is a 48v pack and it is at 49v charge. I was going to go for a longer ride today and wanted a full charge. Am I doing something wrong? Or am I dealing with a defective charger? Thank you for your help!

Comment

• R3NEGADE exe
      R3NEGADE exe commented
      Editing a comment
      Just rode 20 miles on a bike, dropped the charge down to 48.7v I plugged in mini at 90% first only got the clicking on and off. I switched to 100% and the same thing.

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      We'll go ahead and try send you another adapter.

• R3NEGADE exe
      R3NEGADE exe commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm going to try and leave the charger on over night. Please hold off on sending a new adapter. I will update tomorrow.

Is there/will there be a 48v battery option around 18ah? I'm looking for something in the Dolphin-like format and the 24ah triangular pack is just physically huge and quite spendy. Thanks!

Comment

I have a 50 to vote shark pack. Beside charging port when it’s on the bike stop charging a while ago. Now the main charging port does not receive a charge. The battery is otherwise functioning well. It’s about two years old. I have the face of the battery off but do not know how to proceed. I’ve search for a post or not found anything specifically for this. Thanks for any info

Comment

What are the dimensions of the bearing in the BBSHD nylon reduction gear? Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean the bearing built into the nylon gear? We don't have info on its dimensions sorry. I don't think it is removable either.

Hi, i have a ultra 1000 and want to get a throttle. Does anyone know where i can get this cabel?
    it needs to be that new conectors.
    Thanks.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      If you mean the harness you probably would want to contact the company that sold you the Ultra.

Ordered a replacement 30 T Mighty Mini chaining for KHS bike purchased from you 2 yrs ago, chain started jumping off to inside. Chain seems to be to tight on chain ring. Used SRAM PC-X1 chain. Chain worked fine with old worn chain ring.

Comment

• Blayman001
      Blayman001 commented
      Editing a comment
      11 spd chain

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Those narrow/wide bbsxx chains work best with 10spd and lower so that's probably why.

Likely the original chainring was so worn down on the teeth that it more easily accepted the 11spd ring. Maybe you could file down the new one to match but a different chain would be preferable

• Blayman001
      Blayman001 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, confirmed that was the issue. Unfortunately, the never saw any indication that a 10 spd chain was used in the setup

I just completed building my ebike using the BBSHD and a LUNA 860C display. I can't find any manual or documentation on the 860C display. Is there any available? Specifically I am looking for how to change from Km to miles on the display. Also, can wheel size be changed through the display or do you have to do this through the BBSHD programming cable? What other functions/settings can be accessed or changed through the display?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a preliminary walkthrough video we shot and not the official version which will be made available later, but it should tell you everything you need to know.

What is the default password for the advanced settings on the Luna 860c color display?
    Last edited by Turbo1992; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Password is 1199

Three quick questions about the SCUMA ultra on your site:
    1) What size frame is it?
    2) Is there a way to remove the speed limit on it?
    3) Does scuma have a website I can check out? I can't find anything about them anywhere.
    Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      No idea. TBH that listing should not even be visible since the entire category was removed from the site.

What is this red o-ring that looks like its not where its supposed to be? Its on the fork of the Sur Ron X.

I see it in the promo photos too. But its only on one side? Is it just for looks?

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20190906_110058.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	93297Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20190906_110044.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	93298

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      You use that in conjunction with the markings on the forks to determine what are the best fork settings for your use. Often you see this on rear air shocks for example. So in that example you would get on the bike, try to push it down and see how far you get, then add more air or compression or whatever until you see that ring compress to whatever is best for your use case. Likely you can get specific info from rockshox if you want, they are usually pretty good about that sort of thing.

• pure_mahem
      pure_mahem commented
      Editing a comment
      Word of warning if you go to adjust the air pressure in the fork use a shock pump. Your standard air pumps can not usually handle the higher pressure.

Does the Sur Ron X have regen engine braking? Because it says it does on the Luna website. But, I saw people saying in the forum that LUNA says over the phone that the bike does NOT have regen braking.

But right here on the website it says it has regen braking. https://lunacycle.com/sur-ron-x-bike...black-edition/

"This is the X-controller with Regen breaking and quieter operation. 80amps of power (5200 watts)

Other than the above items the X bike is the same as the standard Sur Ron with the added above features. The most significant upgrade is its state of the art sine wave controller which makes it quieter and more powerful with much smoother throttle response. "

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      It has coastal regen but not brake/engine regen.

I never understood why people get so upset over regen. It is practically the most useless feature ever and realistically speaking you only re-gain something like 0.5% of your total capacity from a full ride. You wouldn't ever even notice the difference and you'd probably bleed that entire 0.5% in a single acceleration pull anyways.

Hi I really need.help.with wiring please

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Going to need a little more information than that...

paxtana thank you for replying. The company have discontinue the sale of Bafang in my country.

so i need that harness, or can u tell me the where the 3 throttle wires goes in the eb- bus conector?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately we do not sell the harness and we did not sell you the motor either so not much I can offer in the way of assistance but I wish you the best of luck..
Working...
X