Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK we're on the same page now. Thanks for that Pax. I have to locate a gear puller.

Comment

Hate to take more time from you but 2 quick questions.
      The bearings I drew a circle around, those would be the bearings I need to adjust, correct?
      Also, is the drive side thread cup supposed to be fixed? It's only hand tight and snaps right on and off, just checking that its normal.
      Thanks again.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        The drive side cup is replaced by the threaded sleeve that comes with the kit, as shown in the install video. How exactly do you have it installed right now? It should not be usable without using the sleeve and therefore no using that cup.

Forgot to attach the photo

Comment

Originally posted by bmxcm View Post
        Hello,

Can a Sur-Ron be purchased without a battery and/or controller?
        Sorry if this has been asked already.
        Gotcha, thanks for the reply.

Comment

Hi again
          can you send me the link ?
          have a Included Battery: 52v Shark Panasonic GA 14ah (High Power + Long Range)
          Included Charger: Luna Charger 52V Advanced 300W Ebike Charger

the charger starts but the fan is not start and it not charge the battery ?
          can you send me a new ?
          I live in sweden so must be a swe connector
          when i try to pay it Doesnt work
          how i know what contact ? For sweden
          can you Please help me

Comment

Howdy from St. Louis! I'm strongly considering the LB-X, but have some questions and am weighing options: bicycle conformity vs offroad-safe footpegs vs stealthy silence...

Does the belt drive perform well in tall grass? Even if gravel and mulch avoid the belt, do belts ever slip-off or require regular tightening?

Regarding the pedal kit, is the included chain much noisier than the default O-ring chain? Does the pedal kit cause any extra strain on the motor, or reduction of top speed? Should I keep using the original sprocket?

Do you know how leaving the bike out in 30-40 degree winter air for a few hours would affect the battery's performance? I know the operating range is supposed to be -20℃ thru 70℃, but know batteries can be sensitive to temperature in the real world.

Is there any way to charge the Sur-Ron battery pack directly from a large 12-18v DC Li-Ion battery source?

Any advice or answers are appreciated :) I hope this isn't too many questions at once lol
          Last edited by mindwaave; 10-01-2019, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            The belt does not stretch according to Gates. The cogs have a raised center to keep them on track. I don't know if it is impossible to derail but I have not seen any customer reports of it. The belt drive was designed with gearing to be used in conjunction with the supermoto kit though, which is not off-road, though you might find off-road tires you could put on that wheelset. If you use belt with stock wheels you will be lugging it.

The oring chain is quieter than stock 420 chain, I don't know whether you would consider it a significant reduction or not though. You could switch the chain to oring even if you do have the pedal kit later if you wanted to. Pedal kit does not put strain on the motor, these days we do that mod so it is geared same as stock. If you do the pedal kit install yourself you would not want to install the small sprocket that comes with the kit. If you did you would be lugging it and would lose significant torque.

Typically you get more sag and less capacity from a very cold battery, until it warms up during use. There is a link in battery knowledge base called temperature effect on li-ion batteries, you may want to check it out

Hi,

Is cyclone bracket compatible with the MY1018 motor? (or can it be easily adapted to work with that motor?)

How can I order cyclone motor bracket? I can't seem to find it in the shop listing.
          Last edited by azad; 10-01-2019, 03:21 AM.

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            No idea, we don't support products purchased elsewhere and I have never heard of that motor. My guess would be it is not compatible. We do not sell the brackets separate at this time.

Originally posted by MN Slick View Post
          I'm looking for a chain ring and related parts for a Bafang Ultra. Hill climbing without phsyical exertion is my goal. I have Bafang cranks. Suggestions?
          Quoting myself, LOL. Anyway, ready to order but need to confirm some things. I'm want to order the Mighty Mini 30T but need confirmation it is compatible with the Bafang Ultra motor. Do you sell the spline/spider for Bafang's? Mine was on wayyyyyy too tight and could not be removed before sending my motor for warranty replacment.

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            The bbshd chainrings are not compatible with ultra, it is a different BCD. We do not sell the spider for ultra at this time sorry.

Would Squared taper Cyclone crank arms work with my already installed square bottom backet (68mm)?

and

why Square taper cyclone crank arms look ISIS in the picture?

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-9vkj...248537.jpg?c=2

Comment

Not sure if this is the right place but is the Apollo available now or anytime soon? If not, when is the expected arrival date?

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Last I checked it should be done soon, probably after whenever the X1 bikes are all shipped and shop can focus on it. Maybe a month but it's q guess to some extent. I can have you notified once available if you like.

Evening all,

Got a KHS fat bike with shark pack that seems to have gone into limp mode. Under throttle or pedsl assist, it hit about 180 - 210W then cut out for a split second, and then power back up and cut out when it reaches same power. It just cycles like this as if the power drawer is too much. Any ideas?

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Before doing anything else I would visually inspect the contacts on the underside of the shark, as shown in the documentation for hardcase batteries and the electrical troubleshooting documentation page

Hi, is it possible to visit your location to test ride bikes?

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              The warehouse? Not really, though if it's a Surron we can make an exception. Surron just sold out though I think so that's probably not doable right now. The limitation is that we are e-commerce and not really set up to do that sort of thing at the warehouse, and also that we build most of the bikes to order so we don't keep them on hand, just build them when folks order them.

We do have a colleague near you in pacific northwest that offers test rides, he has a surron, apollo and apex. I can have him contact you if you let me know your email and/or phone number.

• sergey
              sergey commented
              Editing a comment
              I see, thank you. I wanted to test ride the Luna Fixed.

One more question, what kind of charger does the Luna Fixed come with?

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Sure if you want to check out a Fixed that should be fine, those are not built to order and we just got a bunch in stock. Not sure if the will unbox a particular size for testing though but they likely have a demo bike you can try. The charger it comes with is a standard 36v barrel charger. You could replace that with an Advanced if you want, but you would want to change the charger to barrel output with a solderless barrel https://lunacycle.com/solderless-barrel-connector/

Sorry Paxtana, it wasnt a shark pack (got mixed up). Its the bike pictured here:

https://images.app.goo.gl/rjedzpPPe7XsVULG6

I only saw documentation for charger, not battery. Cant find anything on the main Luna site either - can you link to a PDF? Ill check contacts next chance. Thanks!

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah, that is a fusion pack. You are probably going to need to email support@lunacycle.com attn: Seb regarding troubleshooting this.

Hi got my build out complete and it is sweet! Question: How do you remove the Dire Wolf 52v battery from its magnetic mounting rail without damage? Those magnets are super strong? Thanks.

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Tilt it to the side first

• Rule5Wannabe
              Rule5Wannabe commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the tip!

Hi, does current version of the Luna 48V mini charger have adjusta80/90/100% level selection? I have an older version with a large knob. I don’t see this knob on the photos of the current version.

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes it is adjustable for those percentages
          Working...
          X