Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a manual for the DPC-10 display?

How many assist levels does it support?

Can the backlight be disabled?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a backlight button you can press. I don't have a lot of experience with this one but we have an intro video which covers some of the basics

https://youtu.be/0YEDKbNS1oQ

Looks like only five levels - deal killer... oh well

When do you expect C965's back in stock?

The mount is broken on mine and I just tie wrapped it to the handlebars but I should replace it - but only with something that handles ten levels and doesn't need a backlight

Comment

• AZguy
      AZguy commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't want an eggrider at all... I only need PAS and on/off buttons... I don't need a display at all and haven't touched my controller settings in thousands of miles - quite happy with them. I'll live with simple display since there isn't a button only option avaialble... eggrider features provide zero value to me and it doesn't have a backlight you can kill last I checked and that's a 100% requirement - must be able to have no distracting, glowing displays at night. I don't even have a smart phone to connect it to...

• joost
      joost commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t really need a backlight; or any display at all. I like the big buttons and the quick switch off-road, on road is useful. Programming on the fly is great when you have kids who pester you to ride it. Also when I go camping on the trails, I like to push the amps a little higher.

• AZguy
      AZguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Won't use something that has a backlight that can't be turned off no matter any other features good or ill - so nothing for me to discuss with eggrider except if they are going to make a backlight that's able to be turned off....

Hey I've read that 48V batteries can be charged with 52V charger, and that 52V batteries cannot be charged with 48V charger. I have two questions about this:
    1) Can all lower-voltage batteries be charged with higher-voltage charger (e.g. to charge 36V with 52V)? Or this possibility is only valid for 1-cell differences (like 48V-52V, 60V-64V, 72V-76V etc.)?
    2) Why can't 52V be charged with 48V -- is it simply because it would not fill the batteries to 100%, or some damage would occur?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Please do not do this. Charging any battery with a different voltage charger than it was intended for is a massive fire risk.

It is a risk specifically because people can get things confused. In theory if you put a lower voltage charger to a higher voltage battery you can partially charge it, but if you did what you described putting higher voltage into the battery than it was designed for you may very well end up burning your house down.

Too high a voltage in a battery is like too much pressure in a balloon. Except instead of popping you get a massive uncontrollable fireball.

Do you guys do custom bikes? I want to buy the Luna fixed stealth but, i need more range than it currently offers. Can you do a custom version with larger batteries or dual batteries or any other range solution?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Not possible at the moment unfortunately :(

• joost
      joost commented
      Editing a comment
      Taco, I noticed your in SF. You’ll need that extra battery for the hillzzz and the wind!

Do you know of, or have plans for a twist throttle that can be locked in it’s off position?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      What exactly are you looking to do? Seems like if you want to keep throttle turned off you could manually wire in some kind of switch

• dward05
      dward05 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a set of the silver Luna grips I like. I don’t use the throttle that much trail riding but I definitely do use it. On technical stuff I sometimes have opened the throttle accidentally. It’d be nice if it locked in place. I should prob just try half twist or thumb throttle, to me throttles have always been right hand full grip. I’d try a switch if I could install one super clean.

Not a huge deal, I’m not loosin sleep over it or anything. Thx

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah sounds like a thumb throttle would be ideal. I don't know of any throttles that lock like that, and even with a switch it would still rotate.

Something I’m not clear about, Am I supposed to leave my battery hooked up the the charger after it’s done charging to balance the cells? Thought I read somewhere to leave it plugged in for like 8 hours once In awhile.
    For my packs with an on off switch, should they be on or off while charging?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      You can do it that way, though it really depends on the battery when it balances. The switch on the battery should not matter as long as it is not preventing charging

I just assembled my Luna stealth and it works great but im getting a spoke (noise when i am on the bike whether i am pedaling or not. It sounds like something is hitting the spoke every revolution. Any help with that?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Put bike on stand, look closely at the wheel while it is spinning, ideally when motor off so you can hear it. If there's a noise should not be too hard to pinpoint

Hi, are the Luna Stealth Fixed bike batteries removable for charging?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      No they are not removable. You can remove it to replace it but it is fairly involved.

What rear bike rack fits the luna stealth? I bought an axiom journey and it was to narrow for the Luna Stealth mounts.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      You can use most seatpost mounted rack.

I'm looking at converting a Cannondale Topstone to electric with a mid drive system. Is this possible?

Comment

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      I can not promise it would be plug and play since you did not get the bike from us, but that would likely be the case as long as you select the 12v version.
      Only connectors we sell are in the connector section.
      If we do not list a separate color option then we likely do not have it at this time.
      If you put both lights in parallel then yes you could use them both at the same time. This would not be plug and play though.
      Regarding any other items if you can add it to cart then you should be fine to buy them. Just don't select something like an economy shipping option if you are international.

I am building an off road e bike on a trek 4309 with BBS02. So it’s not a fat bike. I am reading that to reduce the over heating and gain torque I need a small 32t to 36t chain ring. I put an order in for:
    * Luna Chainring Adapter for Bafang BBS02
    * Race Face Narrow Wide Chain Ring BBS02

(Size: 34T)

Did I buy the right stuff or is there anything I am missing?

Thanks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jhje27 View Post
      I am building an off road e bike on a trek 4309 with BBS02. So it’s not a fat bike. I am reading that to reduce the over heating and gain torque I need a small 32t to 36t chain ring. I put an order in for:
      * Luna Chainring Adapter for Bafang BBS02
      * Race Face Narrow Wide Chain Ring BBS02

(Size: 34T)

Did I buy the right stuff or is there anything I am missing?

Thanks!!!!
      Chain line - as in horrific, is what you may end up with.

The BBS design strikes again.

Going with the 34 (or anything less than a Lekkie 40) means you may additionally need to rearrange (move outwards) the lowest gear(s) you need on your rear cassette. Make it into a 6-7 speed.
      2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
      3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
      4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH
      Other, Electronic throttle lock

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

• joost
        joost commented
        Editing a comment
        2nd the comments... Yah I have a couple extra chainrings because I didn’t get the chainline squared away. I’m hoping my might mini will come in handy when the snow hits. Non fatbike, you’ll be fine with a 42.

Hi what is the Payload capacity on the folding bicycle you offer?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Depends on how it is geared, what gear you have it in, whether you don't mind possibly stressing the drivetrain and so on. 200lb is fine and probably even 250, apart from that there's too many variables to give a straight answer

Hello Luna Staff, I seem to have sheared the rotor shaft on my BBSHD after about 400 miles. Nylon gear still pristine. Is the rotor and shaft under warranty and if not may I purchase it? I see that California e-bike sells a rotor specifying "1000" "new style replacement rotors" vs original from Bafang and also specifies a bearing change.

I'm running 1500w programming. Not sure exactly what rotor I need and from whom I can purchase. Thanks for your help.
      from California e-bike.
      Bafang BBSHD 1000 Motor Rotor replacement

$94.95

Bafang BBSHD motor rotor replacement. Fits all BBSHD series motors including the 68mm, 100mm and 120mm.

Note: We are only stocking the new style replatement rotors which are much stronger that the original from Bafang and swapping out the oversized bearing on the lamination end (629 bearing) with a (606 bearing) to fit the Old Style systems. If you really need the genuine New Style, plase note that on your order. This video shows how we replace the bearing https://youtu.be/S-l0utvnkFo

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Probably should email support@lunacycle.com your order# so we can look into it. I can't comment on a product bought elsewhere, you would have to email that company if you are going that route.

• joost
        joost commented
        Editing a comment
        the bearing is already installed. Mine has held up 3 months pushing 3000 watts.
    Working...
    X