Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there heavier springs available for the sur ron?

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a pretty standard rear shock so yes you can put different springs on it same as any other coil rear shock. There are not Sur-Ron branded springs for it but yes it can be done. I don't have much in the way of details but should be pretty straightforward, might need to do a bit of googling though. Or you might ask on the surron owners facebook group, knowing those dudes they probably already have worked out charts and graphs. If there's one thing that's better than our bikes, it's our customers :)

Here is an example of someone modding their surron with an entire different shock.
      The whole system is pretty easily modded https://sur-ron.markkitaoka.com/ohlins-rear-shock/

What's the status of the Lekkie Bling Ring 42T for the BBS02? I entered my email address a while back but am wondering if/when they might be available. Thanks, Ray

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Lekkie takes forever to ship parts for restock, sorry for the delay. I'm sure it will be restocked sometime but could take a while.

Hello,

I have a 2017 Radrover, that it acting a little buggy and I would like to take the opportunity to simplify. Ideally I like to remove display and PAS and just use the throttle.

Would you you have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Not really, besides selling it and building your more ideal ebike with a kit. BBS02 and BBSHD can be modded to run without pas or display, and there's a ton of hubmotor kits that can do the same. Whether you can do it with whatever proprietary stuff Rad uses you would have to ask them

Not sure this is the right place to ask these questions but here goes. I caught Eric's Face Book post this weekend about new items that Luna is developing. Sounded like a lot of items for the BBSHD. I am interested in a BBSHD with the Hot Rod programing and torque sensing. Will this be one of the items that Luna is working on? If so when would it be available to order? I was about to order a TSDZ-2 for my second bike. I have a BBSHD on my other bike which is great , but I want to have a bike with torque sensing. I don't mind waiting a little while for a torque sensing BBSHD if it is in the pipeline. Thanks for any info that you can give me.

Rex

Comment

For those of us who don't have/want a facehook account, someone please copy here what if anything Eric said about possible BBS drive changes/enhancements.

Thank you.
      2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
      3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
      4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH
      Other, Electronic throttle lock

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

• joost
        joost commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the hard core stance against the borg! I only use Facebook for electric bike and trying to buy bikes:). I haven’t seen these mythical posts regarding bbshd though I’d be highly interested... I’m waiting to see if cyc motor gets it together; Eric called them out in a YouTube video for quality issues and for the most part he’s spot on. Once Luna starts selling them, I’ll take the plunge.

Hi I was wondering if I can get Gary’s extension.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Main number is on the site, I don't do many calls though due to time constraints, is there something specific you need? You can personal message me on the forum I suppose, though ideally I would recommend to email support@lunacycle.com attn: Gary and it will be assigned to me

I tried to add a pic to my post and now it says “topic unapproved” what the?

Comment

• pure_mahem
        pure_mahem commented
        Editing a comment
        I would like this information as well. Possibly could you message me the information Privately so I could follow the page or join the group. Thanks

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        What information

• pure_mahem
        pure_mahem commented
        Editing a comment
        sorry my comment ended up in the wrong spot. It was meant to be on Nckrd's post about the BBS info Eric was mentioning

Sur-Ron, Cates Carbon Drive, phone app, Super Moto 17" wheels, Hz?

fletcher and others on ES mostly seem to try for 80-90 Hz. Some up to 115 Hz and other lower 50-60Hz.
      What does Luna recommend?

I'm getting about 83 to 97 Hz. (85-95) sometimes over 100 Hz
      My concern is this belt maybe too tight and I might damage the belt.
      And my belt strumming may need more practise to get more consistent out puts - what is a reasonable for me to work towards

thanks for any help, tips or thoughts.

PS- really like the looks of the Black RST Sur-Ron Fork. constant improvement - keep up the great work.
      Last edited by Brando; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Not too sure on that one. May want to email support attn:seb so he can have a look at the question

I've recently purchased a wolfpack v2 battery for my BBS02. The Wolfpack uses XT-90 connector with 10awg wire. However, the wiring to my motor is aprox 18awg. Should I just use the XT-60 connector? What would be the bennifit of connecting the 10awg pigtail with XT-90 connector to 18awg motor wire? Lastly, there will always be one connector on the Wolfpack without a cap. I'm wondering if this is a concern in the rain?

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Never use the xt60 on the wolf for anything but charging, that is dangerous. Caps can be bought for both xt90 and xt60 from various online stores if you need them.

Just solder the xt90 pigtail to the wires coming off the controller and you should be fine.

I like Pedalman123’s suggestions for the Luna Fixed.
      I think the idea of a bottle battery is a particularly great suggestion.
      You could build a XT90 connector into the bottom of the battery, and a XT60 under the screw cap on top of the battery, for charging.
      The water bottle cage would have a corresponding XT90 connector to mate with the one on the battery.
      All connectors would be the integrated type that the Wolf V2 batteries are using.
      A regular water bottle, with the bottom cut out, could disguise and protect the connector in the cage, when the battery was removed.
      A spare battery, or the dummy water bottle, could be carried in a second, regular cage, if desired.
      Last edited by MIKEinNC; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        These are great suggestions and we'll definitely be taking them into consideration but also just keep in mind that the Luna Stealth bike was always originally intended to be a low powered stealth bike. Once you start upgrading it's components and throwing add-ons into the mix, it begins to lose a lot of it's stealth properties and begins to stray away from it's original design. This is why we have plenty of other bikes on our website like the X-1 and Sur-Ron or the KHS Wolf Bikes for users who want a bit of mix of everything or something that is far more modular.
        Last edited by HIGHVOLTAGE; 4 weeks ago.

first ride: 750c gave up the ghost?

I was cruising along for a short test ride feeling great and then lost power and the display was dark. I tried to power back up the display and it appeared to try a couple times but immediately went dead again. And now it doesn't even seem to try. Battery was showing at about 51.6v and it still appears to be on - light is on at battery power button. I tried turning the battery off and back on but the 750c still wont power up. I am charging the battery now. All the connections were intact.
      Last edited by jbernardini; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

So it's not the display based on the tests. I can track 57v all the way back to the controller shell on the controller battery leads. I could not verify power on the 8 pin connector coming out of the controller.

5V on pin #6 to ground
      full voltage of the battery on P+ (pin 1) to ground

Visual inspection of all wiring looks good and everything was firmly connected inside the controller.I tried testing mosfets by checking resistance and continuity between the 3 phase wires on the controller and it's anderson battery leads as demonstrated here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTssCn5YyTw and here: http://www.ebikes.ca/documents/BlownMosfets.pdf.

I have the controller off so I tested the red/green/blue phase wires inside the controller to it's battery leads. My resistance tests matched what's in that document but he's showing different results in the video so I'm not sure what to make of it. If I switch my multi-meter leads around I get 10K and then -70K which increases and then cross into positive territory if I wait long enough.

Then when I tested continuity it sounded for all three phase wires on ground and power so I don't know what to make of that based on what I was expecting from the video.

It would be useful to have specific resistence/continuity videos for BBSxx controllers for dummies like me. Are there any other tests I should run? I read some stuff here but I'd need more detailed instructions to pull it off. https://www.reddit.com/r/ebikes/comm...m_medium=web2x

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like the controller. What was your order number

so uh, I put it all back together and plugged it in and it's working. Unless that's behavior you recognize as a failing controller wait and see if it happens again? It is really weird though cause all the connections were solid.

Now I have a different issue. the programming cable isn't recognized by Windows 10. But it's coming through a USB-C travel hub. The red LED is on on the cable. but windows doesn't even seem to recognize a device has been plugged in. No chime on connect or disconnect and no attempt to add hardware.

I installed the drivers referenced here to no avail and as you can probably guess, I didn't even have an "other" or "unknown" device. https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...s-other-device

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Try plugging it in directly into a USB type a port

Straight USB on another computer worked. Took it for a 30 mile shakeout ride today. electronics held up. Crank-pedal threads disintegrated! I understand that's not an uncommon experience. What's a good replacement crank set?

Comment

• pure_mahem
        pure_mahem commented
        Editing a comment
        if its a bbsxx i had good luck with the Shimano eSteps replacement cranks on my BBSHD.

Greetings,

I am a maker of Work Bikes that are being designed for commercial applications for large companies, in an effort to retrofit their fleets with our new Workhorse Trike, from Pedal Power Work Bikes.

The design that I have prototyped is set for mass production, and I have generated sales inquiries for large contracts from CitiBikeShare in NYC that are pending the introduction of this concept to marketplace.

Truly a phenomenal design, the working model is the lightest and fastest hauler on the streets today, and the most agile in the hills with a SRAM Dual Drive and 81 speeds to shred any terrain, pushing a custom designed differential and suspended drivetrain, modeled internally within the unique frame design. There is nothing like it.

I am trying to make contact with your company to find out more info about your products and how I may be able to integrate your motors into my drivetrains, as they will require motors and E-Drive Kits for their final sale to numerous buyers that are interested in my vehicles. We will also need a solid parts and maintenance supply line with your company so it would be an awesome advancement of our designs to have your products driving our customers in their everyday duties.

The products we design and make are suited for fleets of carriers, municipalities and police patrol fleets, security and public safety coordinators, event promotion, and bike rental companies that all are looking to have this Work Bike available for use through numerous avenues of marketing.

I want to chat about the measurements and performance vs power use with you sometime.

Do you have a good email to contact you through? You can contact me through my email: blueexplorer76@hotmail.com

I can send more detailed drawings to show where we would be mounting your motors and work on calculating outputs and usages, etc.

Hope to talk more soon,

James Simpson
      Eldorado Enterprises Inc.
      Maker of Pedal Power Work Bikes

Click image for larger version

Name:	W.F.3D.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	95590
      Attached Files

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there, best way to contact us is at support@lunacycle.com and we'll get back to you :)
        Regarding in depth technical stuff you probably want to speak with Sebastien. For escalated stuff ask to speak with Gary
    Working...
    X