Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a showroom? I live in SC and would like to see a Apollo in person (considering purchase), but need more details.

Comment

Q about the Luna triangle bag: how wide is it? I’m building a 21700 14s5p triangle battery and am wondering if it will fit.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      It's fabric so not easy to pin down an exact width. 18650 cells fit fine, and 21700 is not that much wider so my guess would be it would be okay.

Hello! What type of forks come on the Sur Run X? Also, does it come with any fenders? I've got one in my cart, ju'uuuuust about ready to pull the trigger on it. Also, these ship on Fridays? If I order one today, what is the ETA for Colorado? Thank you!!

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      These have DNM on them. No fenders but you can get fenders for it.

Typically it ships on the friday after whatever lead time is slated on shipping info page https://lunacycle.com/shipping/

So if you order it with a bunch of custom modifications on thursday don't expect it to ship out the next day.

Once picked up it can take a day or two to arrive to Colorado.

• brettvogel
      brettvogel commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome, I just ordered the stock version. I'll modify as I go. Stoked! Jer'reeeeeeeee ;)

• brettvogel
      brettvogel commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, just to be clear, the bike does not come with the stock rear fender? If not, I'll order one separately. Thank you!

hi, I have bafang ultra mid drive unit on my bike. I would like to install gear sensor on the bike. My queston is what is the differencies between sensor which attach to the ebrake plug and sensor which have a own plug in drive unit.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Typically the time it cuts will be longer if you go through an ebrake plug versus a dedicated plug

Eric,
    Adding a BBS02 to an Orbea Terra cyclocross carbon frame bike. Removed the BB30 at the LBS, and they inserted an FSA BB30 to BSA adapter. Now trying to insert the motor shaft into the BB and the carbon fiber frame just hits the edge of the motor and it won't go in. Looks like about 1 mm of interference. Ouch! Any suggestions? This is my second build, the first one went very well on an aluminum frame bike. Can't find any info on this issue on the forums. Help?

Trekker

Comment

Perhaps I didn't explain clearly. See the attached pics. The motor housing hits the outside of the BB shell and it barely goes in. I don't see how a spacer would help?
    Attached Files

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      It does not appear that BBSHD or BBS02 will be suitable for this frame, you should use a different bike for the conversion. I would NOT advise altering the carbon fiber frame at all as that could weaken it.

That's what I was thinking. I only need one millimeter in a small area across the width of the shell. Some of that is certainly paint and resin, but I'm concerned about weakening the structure. Having said that, I'm not planning to go off road with this, just leisurely cycling. Can you provide some in sight into the carbon structure around the BB? Looks like all the stress is behind, above and in front of the shell, rather than below it.

Comment

Yes, I read that prior to posting. Would an eccentric adapter like this:

Distributors and builders of high power electric bikes and trail bikes plus parts

work? The bottom bracket is a BB30. That would seem to move the motor away from the frame.

Comment

Yes, I read that prior to posting. Would an eccentric adapter like this:

Distributors and builders of high power electric bikes and trail bikes plus parts

work? The bottom bracket is a BB30. That would seem to move the motor away from the frame.

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe? I would imagine if it did work it would still want to flex up under load due to the black triangle adapter only touching whatever the bb adapter is being used versus an actual bsa shell. That flex would be putting some pressure on the carbon fiber bottom bracket shell, so if it did work using that adapter you would probably also need to use BSB1 or BSBF1 alternate mount bracket.

• ncmired
        ncmired commented
        Editing a comment
        The Ashtabula eccentrics referenced are for a 51.3mm bore, which is quite a bit bigger than the 42mm BB30's bore - ain't gonna fit, even with a BIG mallet.

Now, there are Eccentric BB30 adapters ... to English, and narrow enough, dunno.
        Last edited by ncmired; 02-18-2020, 04:17 PM.

I just received my Ludicruous Luna Banana and am looking for a rear rack, as you are sold out i am thinking of thise one, any chances this would fit? do i need to remove the fenders?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.53.58 AM.png
Views:	315
Size:	328.3 KB
ID:	101940Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.54.05 AM.png
Views:	352
Size:	327.9 KB
ID:	101939Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 10.54.12 AM.png
Views:	247
Size:	625.3 KB
ID:	101941

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems like it might be possible. Alternately, if you want the rack made for it you can probably buy it directly from coast cycles.

• claudiou
        claudiou commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks for the prompt response! coastcycles seems to be sold out as well, the 6in width and the flexible top attachers make it seem possible with this rack above, might give it a try, thanks alot!

Howdy,

I'm range testing an Ultra / Wolfpack (30Q) / DPC-18 and can't find much info about the accuracy of the DPC-18 power (watt/amp) meter.

Since it can't accurately read the voltage level of a 52v pack, does that mean the power meter should also be inaccurate?

I changed the PAS settings to give me 750w at PAS 3 of 9 (see screenshot below) but the power meter on the DPC-18 goes just above the 750w marker and comes close to the 1000w line. The other PAS levels seem to be on target, but maybe my calculations are off?

Comment

• eBikeaholic
        eBikeaholic commented
        Editing a comment
        My DPC-18 voltage meter reads (58.0v) about a volt or so lower than my multimeter (58.8v) at the charging port. Most of the forum posts I've read about the DPC-18 paired with a 52v pack seem to agree. Can't find anything about the accuracy of the power meter though.

So if we were to assume that the voltage reading at the display is inaccurate, I'm trying to find out if the power meter is also inaccurate if it uses the same voltage reading to calculate the watts.

The pic is just a screenshot of my Bafang basic tab PAS calculation - Assist 3: 48% (limit current%). 30A x 48% = 14.4A x 52v = 749w. Maybe that 14.4A just gets rounded up to 15A (780w).
        Last edited by eBikeaholic; 02-20-2020, 11:07 AM.

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess it could be off sure.. or it could be the multimeter that is off by that fraction of a volt. I don't know what kind of multimeter you are using, whether it is a $5 meter from harbor freight or a $200 Fluke meter.

52v on bbshd with dpc18 won't accurately display the gauge true, but the voltage reading should be more or less accurate. In any case a fraction of the difference on the voltage reading for unloaded voltage would not have much difference on wattage readings for performance under load

• pure_mahem
        pure_mahem commented
        Editing a comment
        I had a similar discrepancy a couple times. Mine was only reading half a volt low on the DPC-18 not the end of the world in the long run. I checked mine with the Voltmeter Luna Sells. Granted that thing isn't the most expensive meter in the world. But when taking readings it matched the other two when they matched and has so far always read the same as the meter on the charger. Not sure what it is but for me I can live with it. On the days that this did happen the DPC-18 had the same off reading on two different batteries. But then corrected itself on the very next charge cycle. Just a quirk I guess.

I want to be a Sur Ron Dealer in Salida, Colorado. Is that possible? I know you guys are the North American Dealer but do you have a program for dealers under you guys? This town and tourist would go nuts over the Sur Ron X. Mine shows up tomorrow. So stoked!!!!

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        We don't have dealers per se but may be able to work out bulk sales if you are buying high enough quantity. Email sales@lunacycle.com

Any word on when Eric will be releasing that New Controller? Repairable by the user sounds like a pretty awesome upgrade/advantage!
      2018 Motobecane Boris Fat Bike BBSHD Build

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        Which new controller there are several

• pure_mahem
        pure_mahem commented
        Editing a comment
        the one for the BBSHD something something about being able to run 100 volts, Completely Rebuildable, ideal for use with the Luna Steel Gear and being a DIYers Wet Dream - Gist I gathered from Eric's post in a group.

This One!
      2018 Motobecane Boris Fat Bike BBSHD Build

Comment

• ncmired
        ncmired commented
        Editing a comment
        If I may, what's the source group here? The pictures kinda look like an instagram page to me, but I failed to find the origin.
        Last edited by ncmired; 02-27-2020, 07:35 AM.

• HIGHVOLTAGE
        HIGHVOLTAGE commented
        Editing a comment
        It's from the Fast Electric Bike group on Facebook. Eric teases stuff regularly there if you want to check it out.

• ncmired
        ncmired commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you sir!

What are the two dip switches on the back of BMS for? Do i need to adjust them over time or set once or set never? The foam mount given will make them un-accessible after mounting.

Thanks,
      karl

Comment

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        No idea what BMS you are talking about but if it's a prebuilt battery you probably should not be messing with the BMS unless you have to
    Working...
    X