Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Can I use a 36 volt shark battery on a 52 volt system?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
      HIGHVOLTAGE commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably not. Depends on the motor system though. Some of them do accept 36v - 52v but I would double check the motor specs to be sure.

Eric I hope you can help me and are staying safe and secure. I have a surly with the bbshd and a Phaserunner with CA3 on it thing is a rocket i am a big guy and I messed up the derailer when I switch out tire so I tighten it to much and the gear sensor went out and I buttered the Plastic gear...No prob I had bought the metal upgrade from you and I figure I will update it I have replaced a lot of plastic gears (4) I ride on beach and am 6'8 and 280 so its alot of torque on the motor.. Anyway i replace the metal gear rebuilt all plug it all look good on CA3 the throttle was not working but that might be a connection the PAS works but the engine is just spinning not engaging the spoket Did I blast out the clutch too or put the gear in backwards I did think you could with the design but I would like some direction to figure out before I rip all apart thanks Have a great Memorial Day

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you need to open it back up and see why it is not turning.

• ncrkd
      ncrkd commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like the metal gear is in backwards (which a handful of posters have done) - per a note on the metal gear page, "the bearing on the gear is stamped made in Germany on one side. Install this with this stamp facing down". By chance do you remember which way your gear is?
      Last edited by ncrkd; 1 week ago.

I must have put it In wrong way it was difficult to get on the spindle I will rip apart again and switch it all else seem to be working except my throttle for some reason I have a spare thanks thought that might be it

Comment

Washing Sur-Ron: Proud owner of a Sur-Ron and constantly fighting with my 10 year old son over who gets to ride it. Ordered a second bike yesterday! Time to clean the bike but scared to blast with water. Can't find anything on the knowledge base.

Should we remove battery? Switch the breaker and leave in? Or just try to avoid power washing the motor / electrical components?

Comment

• intramorph
        intramorph commented
        Editing a comment
        Do not power wash the motor or any other electrical components. Water and electricity do not mix very well.
        A stream of water's fine but try to avoid water under pressure.

I have a Luna Apollo, bought in late 2019, which came with the 860c display. Right now it's set to 5 levels of assist. Is there a way to have 10 levels, which I believe is supported by the Ultra/Ludicrous?

Comment

• Cavi
        Cavi commented
        Editing a comment
        you can get 9 levels, you need to get in to the advanced settings of the display, you will need to enter the pin which is either 1919 or 1199 I think

gear was upside down thanks for help working great now

Comment

Hey Quick Question on the throttle circlular connect I need to splice it to a thottle that has three output green red and black on the bafang connector it has gey and purple what would the pin outs be thanks

Comment

Figure it Out I inadvertedly cut the groun have three wires all good thanks

Comment

I have a question about the Luna Stealth.

I know that the Gates belt drive is amazing, but I have been riding off road on hills and find that I am destroying the internal hub (it can't take the torque). What would be the specs and process to add a rear derailleur. Can I do a 135mm QR hub? Is there a bracket for the slide out to hold the QR in place and put a derailleur hanger on it?

Thanks much

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry we have no info on that, I have not heard of anyone doing so and we have not done so.

The hub should be able to take plenty of torque, you may want to take it to a bike shop for a tuneup

• Joe Remi
              Joe Remi commented
              Editing a comment
              You'd be replacing the hub, adding a cassette and derailleur, replacing the belt with a chain and new chainring, and replacing the shifter. It would be easier to just buy a mountain ebike.

Hello.

my name is adam.

Need advice on installing e-bike batteries on a 500w 36v rear wheel hub e-bike with controller and thumb throttle.

I found these xioami scooter, ninebot batteries and bird scooter batteries on the street corner the other day.
            Someone was obviously stealing scooters in LA but one mans trash is another mans transportation.
            So I took them home and plugged them into charge.

They charged perfectly so I thought id use them for my ebike.
            When plugged up they all respond.
            But when I turn the thumb throttle the motor DOES NOT spin.
            The lcd display turns on and power bars show that the batteries are good.
            But I'm not sure why it wont work?
            I am using a XT60 to XT30 connector cord to plug them into my ebike.

Is the BMS for the scooter batteries the only reason why the batteries wont respond with the ebike controller?
            Is there conflicting code/programming or something?
            If so, is there a simple way to fix this problem?
            I don't have extra funds to buy new batteries. They are very expensive and I would like to make these work if I can.

I noticed that most batteries on eEbay for example just have blue plastic around them and various different plugs.
            Can I remove the BMS from the batteries and solder them directly to the charging port or something equally simple?

thank you for your help

Comment

• paxtana
              paxtana commented
              Editing a comment
              There's a lot to unpack in this post..

* this thread is for questions specifically for lunacycle about luna products, this question is more suited for making a new thread
              * buying stolen merchandise is not cool
              * if you disable bms with this hodgepodge of shady battery packs there is a decent chance you burn your house down. it does not sound like you know what you are doing and even if you did it would not be advisable to disable one of the few safeguards you have to prevent those cells from turning into a fireball
              * if you bought a kit from somewhere and you have the correct voltage going to the controller then your first action really ought to be to ask the support team of the company you bought from
              * if you want support from random people on the internet instead of wherever you bought from (please tell me the motor is not also stolen) then you are going to need to provide more info on the actual motor/controller, not just the batteries. but again, this should be in a separate thread, not here.

I will leave this post up in case any friends want to chime in but please consider making a separate thread, I have a feeling from what you have described that you are not going to get a quick solution

I have a question about displays, I want to install a BBSHD on a fullsuspension mountain bike to help get to the top of a downhill track, including jumps, so I think the most minimal display possible is what I'm looking for. This will be my first build so I am not too sure what the best option is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X