Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask an ebike technical question get an answer within 30 minutes or so.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received my luna apocalypse v3 scooter... and it's not powering on.
    plugged in to charge, and it now responds to the remote, but the display is still not turning on.

My question is what happened here? Normally Li-ion devices arrive at about 60% charge, this one seems like it had discharged to the point that the BMS cutout.
    Since I need to wait for 8 hours or so for the charge, I figured it doesn't hurt to find out.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like you already made a trouble ticket, we will get back to you via email asap

Thanks Paxtana :).

Comment

anyone have a link to the battery charge percentage chart ofr 52V battery? I did look but could not find it...

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi View Post
        anyone have a link to the battery charge percentage chart ofr 52V battery? I did look but could not find it...
        Go to Knowledge base and look under batteries. One post starts with "52 volt..." and it has a chart.

Comment

Originally posted by BK Xray View Post
          Go to Knowledge base and look under batteries. One post starts with "52 volt..." and it has a chart.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	48v-nominal.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	107209

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            That chart is for 48, not 52

Here is a chart I like a little better...but just because it has a higher voltage at 100%, that doesn't mean you should go there very often. Charging to 4.1 volts per cell or about 90% and not discharging below 25% will help your battery last longer. Charge to 40%-50% for storage or when you don't plan to ride for a while.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery table.png
Views:	227
Size:	547.6 KB
ID:	107235

Comment

Battery question for you experts. I have 2 lunas with 52v wolf batteries. Old one works great after 2 years of hard riding. Still gets to 58.7 charge when full though we typically limit it to 80%. The new one won’t charge anywhere near full even after careful new battery conditioning- draw down, charge to 100%. It’s 1 month old with 250-300 miles on it. Never drawn down below cutoff, of course. It hasn’t registered above 55v. Thoughts? I really need the range.
            Attached Files

Comment

Pic of charger for previous post.
            Attached Files

Comment

I've got the bbhd mid drive on my cargo bike. The bike weighs about 80 pounds. And ive got two kids, 50 pounds and myself, about 200. So a total weight of approximately 350 pounds. I live in PGH, so ideally, I can ride on flat roads/trails without any assist.
              id like to get a battery to power the vehicle up the hills. I DO NOT want speed. I just need "a little" assist for the road to my house.
              I had a battery from a lesser company, out of last Vegas, I believe. I can't recall the company name, but I believe it was a 52v /14aH "shark", of some sort.
              Well, the battery bit the dust. But I do remember on the level 1 assist, I was comfortably riding the bike up hill, at around 7 miles an hour. I am totally comfortable with that.
              Do I really need to spend $800 on a battery to get me where I need to be?
              And when will the $600-ish batteries at Luna be back in stock?

Comment

I guess my follow up question is:
              You wouldn't necessarily recommend a "larger" battery, one with more aH, due to the size/weight of my vehicle?

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
                HIGHVOLTAGE commented
                Editing a comment
                Well it depends how far you want to go. You won't need to go larger if you can get by on 13.5ah. The Wolf has about a rough 30mile range rating. So if you're doing a lot of hills, it may be more like 15-20miles. Not sure how far you're going but if it's within that, you'll be fine.

Thanks for the heads up! I dont think I'll need bigger since that sounds like a long ride with so much weight. Does it make sense to keep the motor in "idle", or something, when not using it? Would that hurt anything to only turn on when needed, during a ride?

Comment

• paxtana
                paxtana commented
                Editing a comment
                The system draws very little power if you are not using the motor

Hey new here!
              I noticed that my pedal or bottom bracket started to creak and there is also a noticeable "bump" or "notch" in the rotation. The bump is always in the 8o clock position on the left crank arm. Where do i begin to trouble shoot this?

Comment

• paxtana
                paxtana commented
                Editing a comment
                What kit is it

I hear creaky cranks on left when pedaling
              at the top of the stroke,guessing no clips or straps

Were your cranks properly installed and re-tightened after first ride?

You can start a bar fight with the 'lube or don't lube the spindle' topic I lube but they do have to be tuned/tightened properly
              https://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/...ng-cranks.html

Comment

I always put a very light coat of grease on both the spindles and pedal threads before tightening. I would make sure that the crank arm and pedal are both well tightened. One thing to try if that doesn’t fix the problem is swap in a different left pedal to see if the noise could be pedal related.

Comment

Just got and installed a BBS02 with a 52 volt battery. I've noticed that the PAS gives me acceleration for about 2 seconds and then the motor cuts out. But when I use the throttle I attain a higher speed. For example, if I am at speed setting 3 (out of 5) and am in cassete gear 5 (out of 9 - in the middle ring), the throttle will accelerate the bike for about 2 seconds and I will attain a speed of 15 mph, and no higher, but (at the same settings) when I use the throttle, I will get to around 20 mph. So my question is, is that how it's supposed to work? Also, the bike is harder to pedal when there's no assist - there's resistance to my pedaling once the PAS has cut out. Should there be restance in the bottom bracket if the power is not on? - Thanks - Gary

Comment

Working...
                X